British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What's for lunch today? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/whats-lunch-today-778065/)

Blue Cat Nov 21st 2012 5:49 am

Re: What's for lunch today?
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10393665)
Basically, it isn't.

Only about 50 rooms open or something. Only about 3 places to eat / drink open.

The sports bar was pretty dead. Downstairs is good but can't smoke, upstairs you can but was too bright because light dimming panel wasn't installed yet.

It's empty which I love and the screens for the sport stuff are massive and really, really, really good quality. None of this projector shite.

PLUS it takes me 13 minutes to walk there from home. IDEAL.

Not cheap but 35dibs a pint of Heiny. Menu clearly devised by a Brit (guess), Guinness dipping sauce, pork this, pork that, it's mega.

that is pricey but factor in the price of a taxi to go somewhere else and it probably isn't that bad, pork you say!! I shall visit in a few months when it is more open so to say :)

Scamp Nov 21st 2012 5:52 am

Re: What's for lunch today?
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10393674)
that is pricey but factor in the price of a taxi to go somewhere else and it probably isn't that bad, pork you say!! I shall visit in a few months when it is more open so to say :)

It's about standard around Downtown...without going to Fibbers etc...Nezzas is similar sort of price too.

I'm just glad I now have the option of considering it my local (must be walking distance and good)....it ticks both boxes so far


Edit to say: The bar staff all are fresh from training, introduced themselves and wanted to know my name (and my mates). Nice touch to be addressed as your name rather than Sir non stop. Allan was a quality lad.

Blue Cat Nov 21st 2012 5:56 am

Re: What's for lunch today?
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10393681)
It's about standard around Downtown...without going to Fibbers etc...Nezzas is similar sort of price too.

I'm just glad I now have the option of considering it my local (must be walking distance and good)....it ticks both boxes so far


Edit to say: The bar staff all are fresh from training, introduced themselves and wanted to know my name (and my mates). Nice touch to be addressed as your name rather than Sir non stop. Allan was a quality lad.

I agree it goes a long way when staff are properly trained, which they rarely are here these days.

lanarkwitch Nov 21st 2012 6:00 am

Re: What's for lunch today?
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10393665)

Not cheap but 35dibs a pint of Heiny.

It was all going so well until you said that bit :blink:

Suppose I'll need to get used to it

Blue Cat Nov 21st 2012 6:22 am

Re: What's for lunch today?
 

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch (Post 10393695)
It was all going so well until you said that bit :blink:

Suppose I'll need to get used to it

nothing cheap here these days, I paid 22 dhs for a coffee the other day :thumbdown:

Scamp Nov 21st 2012 6:27 am

Re: What's for lunch today?
 

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch (Post 10393695)
It was all going so well until you said that bit :blink:

Suppose I'll need to get used to it

Can go places that are cheaper...Double Deckers (for example) is cheap until 8pm everyday and quite nice in the little courtyard. You just have to put up with a higher rate of knobheads...and it's only an 11dib cab ride.

jackthehat Nov 21st 2012 6:34 am

Re: What's for lunch today?
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10393726)
Can go places that are cheaper...Double Deckers (for example) is cheap until 8pm everyday and quite nice in the little courtyard. You just have to put up with a higher rate of knobheads...and it's only an 11dib cab ride.

No lunch today! - A Gin and Rothman's Supper awaits later!

Meow Nov 21st 2012 7:13 am

Re: What's for lunch today?
 

Originally Posted by jackthehat (Post 10393743)
No lunch today! - A Gin and Rothman's Supper awaits later!

I'd venture to suggest that most of us assume you drink gin for breakfast too...

Blue Cat Nov 21st 2012 7:16 am

Re: What's for lunch today?
 
Just had a few crackers with cottage cheese :)

Scamp Nov 21st 2012 7:52 am

Re: What's for lunch today?
 
Chicken Byriani
Chicken Samosa
Chicken Ciabatta
Salt and Vig Hula Hoops
Prawn Cocktail Lays
Cigs
Coke Zero
Water

Blue Cat Nov 21st 2012 8:35 am

Re: What's for lunch today?
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10393897)
Chicken Byriani
Chicken Samosa
Chicken Ciabatta
Salt and Vig Hula Hoops
Prawn Cocktail Lays
Cigs
Coke Zero
Water

sounds good :thumbsup:

Bahtatboy Nov 21st 2012 8:39 am

Re: What's for lunch today?
 

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 10391982)
For you or your horse?

Hey, whey not hay. And again today :(

Scamp Nov 21st 2012 8:42 am

Re: What's for lunch today?
 

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10393952)
sounds good :thumbsup:

Food Coma initiating in 45 minutes.

Bahtatboy Nov 21st 2012 8:45 am

Re: What's for lunch today?
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 10393897)
Chicken Byriani
Chicken Samosa
Chicken Ciabatta
Salt and Vig Hula Hoops
Prawn Cocktail Lays
Cigs
Coke Zero
Water

Tell me those are taster-size portions, you know, just enough to fit on a serving spoon :blink:

According to the radio this morning, half of the people who have diabetes don't know they have it. Just sayin', like...

Scamp Nov 21st 2012 8:56 am

Re: What's for lunch today?
 

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10393968)
Tell me those are taster-size portions, you know, just enough to fit on a serving spoon :blink:

According to the radio this morning, half of the people who have diabetes don't know they have it. Just sayin', like...

Byriani is a smallish pot, 3 inches diameter, about 2.5 deep.

Samosa isn't big

Ciabatta is a ciabatta. Guess about 6/7 inches.

Diabetes may well hit me later in life but at present I'm hungry and in the arrogant short-sightedness of sort of youth I'm going to crack on chomping.

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::f ingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:


All times are GMT. The time now is 2:20 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.