Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What's for lunch today?

What's for lunch today?

Old Dec 19th 2012, 6:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: What's for lunch today?

Originally Posted by Millhouse
no, just some of the sponge in the trifle.
Where did you go mate?
Old Dec 25th 2012, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I had this for lunch today
Attached Thumbnails What's for lunch today?-2012-12-25-16.50.27.jpg  
Old Dec 25th 2012, 7:42 pm

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I had this for lunch today
I cooked this for lunch today....
Attached Thumbnails What's for lunch today?-img_6146_crop.jpg  
Old Dec 26th 2012, 1:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
I cooked this for lunch today....
Looks good darling.
Merry Christmas xx
Old Dec 26th 2012, 5:15 am

Looks good darling.
Merry Christmas xx
Thanks Patsy, i should have you over for left-overs - about 97% of it is in the fridge. Two of us didn't have much impact. And smug as my post was (I'm not that lacking in self-awareness), I should also add that the sub 5kg turkey spent 3 hours at 200C unstuffed, having been at room temperature before going in the oven unstuffed, and still managed to produce red liquid (I refuse to call it blood) when I cut the leg joint away. Alas squeamish BF was at my shoulder so back in the oven it had to go for another 45 mins. Fortunately I'm quite happy with cremated turkey - the skin was lovely and crispy!
Old Dec 26th 2012, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Patsy, i should have you over for left-overs - about 97% of it is in the fridge. Two of us didn't have much impact. And smug as my post was (I'm not that lacking in self-awareness), I should also add that the sub 5kg turkey spent 3 hours at 200C unstuffed, having been at room temperature before going in the oven unstuffed, and still managed to produce red liquid (I refuse to call it blood) when I cut the leg joint away. Alas squeamish BF was at my shoulder so back in the oven it had to go for another 45 mins. Fortunately I'm quite happy with cremated turkey - the skin was lovely and crispy!
Lol..My fridge is the same..I will be eating Christmas fare for the next week. God knows why I made so many sausage rolls or baked a ham..just me at home and I try not to eat much...it's not good for my anorexia!!!

Your BF is right though darling, you don't want underdone turkey, mind you nor do you want a shredded, dry, old bird either!! AND no jokes please I already thought them when I typed it!!
Old Dec 26th 2012, 5:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Lol..My fridge is the same..I will be eating Christmas fare for the next week. God knows why I made so many sausage rolls or baked a ham..just me at home and I try not to eat much...it's not good for my anorexia!!!

Your BF is right though darling, you don't want underdone turkey, mind you nor do you want a shredded, dry, old bird either!! AND no jokes please I already thought them when I typed it!!
I don't think of you as shredded, dry or old.............

......... I think of you as underdone...........
Old Dec 26th 2012, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Dean
I don't think of you as shredded, dry or old.............

......... I think of you as underdone...........
Old Dec 26th 2012, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

And smug as my post was
Don't be. The turkey looked great although it is a pity that you ruined the spuds. If it is any consolation I also ruined the roasties - let's blame the raw materials...
Old Dec 26th 2012, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don't be. The turkey looked great although it is a pity that you ruined the spuds. If it is any consolation I also ruined the roasties - let's blame the raw materials...
Oh..I thought the potatoes looked nice.
Old Dec 26th 2012, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Oh..I thought the potatoes looked nice.
They looked soft and greasy to me.
Old Dec 26th 2012, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

They looked soft and greasy to me.
I have seen Lebos in clubs like that before
Old Dec 26th 2012, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have seen Lebos in clubs like that before
I hope you didn't put them in your mouth
Old Dec 26th 2012, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

I hope you didn't put them in your mouth
MILLHOUSE!!!!
Old Dec 26th 2012, 5:07 pm

I'm afraid Millhouse was kind of right, but they were actually much tastier today. The potatoes also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.