Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What's for lunch today?

What's for lunch today?

Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:41 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's for lunch today?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I don't have a food processor though not been to the organic places in ages will check it out on Tuesday as I will be in Dubai mall then
Don't forget their great pork section. Good quality and prices.

Why do you want almond butter? Stick to crunchy peanut butter as it's SO much nicer!
Old Nov 25th 2012, 5:43 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I don't have a food processor though not been to the organic places in ages will check it out on Tuesday as I will be in Dubai mall then
real foodie then!
Old Nov 25th 2012, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

The nuts can be made into a butter thru the blender using eggs and nuts. I dont like using the shop made stuff as your not sure of the quality of the nuts, excessive salt, sugar and saturated fats (the raw almonds are better).

Ive not tried it using shop made peanut butter.

The dough has a thick consistency however i did omit the 1 teaspoon baking soda and it does work (also remember to greese the pan).

Edit: the correct word is that it has a consistency of a batter rather than a flour dough

Last edited by UKCityGent; Nov 25th 2012 at 6:35 am.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 6:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
The nuts can be made into a butter thru the blender using eggs and nuts. I dont like using the shop made stuff as your not sure of the quality of the nuts, excessive salt, sugar and saturated fats (the raw almonds are better).

Ive not tried it using shop made peanut butter.

The dough has a thick consistency however i did omit the 1 teaspoon baking soda and it does work (also remember to greese the pan).
If this bird says yes, you can just get her to buy it you know?
Old Nov 25th 2012, 6:32 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Me = something orange from this soppy twat !! - http://www.juicemaster.com/recipes/
Old Nov 25th 2012, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
If this bird says yes, you can just get her to buy it you know?
You obviously havent tasted her cooking - the words scones send a shiver down my spine !

I like cooking - its very therupatic, different to my desk job, and allows me to think
Old Nov 25th 2012, 6:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

You obviously havent tasted her cooking - the words scones send a shiver down my spine !

I like cooking - its very therupatic, different to my desk job, and allows me to think
I was only kidding really. I'm the same, I like cooking.

Good way to relax after work. I used to get this from my drive through the New Forest after work but now SZR doesn't offer the winding, generally empty A-road experience that allowed me to day dream and enjoy the drive.

So post SZR frusrtations I like to stand at the hob and wonder how to get balsamic vinegar into every recipe so I can feel like a real chef.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

I was only kidding really. I'm the same, I like cooking.

Good way to relax after work. I used to get this from my drive through the New Forest after work but now SZR doesn't offer the winding, generally empty A-road experience that allowed me to day dream and enjoy the drive.

So post SZR frusrtations I like to stand at the hob and wonder how to get balsamic vinegar into every recipe so I can feel like a real chef.
Mmmmm balsamic vinegar and strawberries or in a cottage/shephards pie rather than worchester sauce !!
Old Nov 25th 2012, 6:44 am
Account Closed

Mmmmm balsamic vinegar and strawberries or in a cottage/shephards pie rather than worchester sauce !!
...and strawberries?
Old Nov 25th 2012, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
I will thanks. I hesitate to ask, but what is the source and quantity of the protein content?
serving size 100g. Approx 3 slices. 266cals.
27.9grms protein, 11.1fat ( 1.4saturated) 7.9 carbs(0.7 sugar) fibre 10.7 sodium 0.4

ingredients water, whey protein,soy protein, lupin protein, soy meal, brown and yellow linseed, sunflower seeds, soy flour,wholemeal wheat flour, wheat bran, apple fibre, yeast, sesame, salt, roasted barley malt flour.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 7:41 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starving. Not much in the fridge, so a cheese and Xmas chutney sandwich or some left over pear and raisin crumble.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Tuna, tomato and lentil salad. Much tastier than it was yesterday.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 7:47 am
Account Closed

Chicken byriani
3 ham, cheese, coleslaw rolls
monster much
hula hoops
coke zero
water
cigs.
Old Nov 25th 2012, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

...and strawberries?
Yep - try it !
Old Nov 25th 2012, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Yep - try it !
also sprinkle a little black pepper on your strawberries, enhances the taste.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.