Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What's for lunch today?

What's for lunch today?

Old Nov 21st 2012, 5:49 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's for lunch today?

Originally Posted by Scamp
Basically, it isn't.

Only about 50 rooms open or something. Only about 3 places to eat / drink open.

The sports bar was pretty dead. Downstairs is good but can't smoke, upstairs you can but was too bright because light dimming panel wasn't installed yet.

It's empty which I love and the screens for the sport stuff are massive and really, really, really good quality. None of this projector shite.

PLUS it takes me 13 minutes to walk there from home. IDEAL.

Not cheap but 35dibs a pint of Heiny. Menu clearly devised by a Brit (guess), Guinness dipping sauce, pork this, pork that, it's mega.
that is pricey but factor in the price of a taxi to go somewhere else and it probably isn't that bad, pork you say!! I shall visit in a few months when it is more open so to say
Old Nov 21st 2012, 5:52 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
that is pricey but factor in the price of a taxi to go somewhere else and it probably isn't that bad, pork you say!! I shall visit in a few months when it is more open so to say
It's about standard around Downtown...without going to Fibbers etc...Nezzas is similar sort of price too.

I'm just glad I now have the option of considering it my local (must be walking distance and good)....it ticks both boxes so far

Edit to say: The bar staff all are fresh from training, introduced themselves and wanted to know my name (and my mates). Nice touch to be addressed as your name rather than Sir non stop. Allan was a quality lad.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 5:56 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

It's about standard around Downtown...without going to Fibbers etc...Nezzas is similar sort of price too.

I'm just glad I now have the option of considering it my local (must be walking distance and good)....it ticks both boxes so far

Edit to say: The bar staff all are fresh from training, introduced themselves and wanted to know my name (and my mates). Nice touch to be addressed as your name rather than Sir non stop. Allan was a quality lad.
I agree it goes a long way when staff are properly trained, which they rarely are here these days.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

Not cheap but 35dibs a pint of Heiny.
It was all going so well until you said that bit

Suppose I'll need to get used to it
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:22 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch

nothing cheap here these days, I paid 22 dhs for a coffee the other day
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:27 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch

Can go places that are cheaper...Double Deckers (for example) is cheap until 8pm everyday and quite nice in the little courtyard. You just have to put up with a higher rate of knobheads...and it's only an 11dib cab ride.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Can go places that are cheaper...Double Deckers (for example) is cheap until 8pm everyday and quite nice in the little courtyard. You just have to put up with a higher rate of knobheads...and it's only an 11dib cab ride.
No lunch today! - A Gin and Rothman's Supper awaits later!
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:13 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackthehat
No lunch today! - A Gin and Rothman's Supper awaits later!
I'd venture to suggest that most of us assume you drink gin for breakfast too...
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:16 am
Concierge

Just had a few crackers with cottage cheese
Old Nov 21st 2012, 7:52 am
Account Closed

Chicken Byriani
Chicken Samosa
Chicken Ciabatta
Salt and Vig Hula Hoops
Prawn Cocktail Lays
Cigs
Coke Zero
Water
Old Nov 21st 2012, 8:35 am
Concierge

Chicken Byriani
Chicken Samosa
Chicken Ciabatta
Salt and Vig Hula Hoops
Prawn Cocktail Lays
Cigs
Coke Zero
Water
sounds good
Old Nov 21st 2012, 8:39 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
For you or your horse?
Hey, whey not hay. And again today
Old Nov 21st 2012, 8:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
sounds good
Food Coma initiating in 45 minutes.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 8:45 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Chicken Byriani
Chicken Samosa
Chicken Ciabatta
Salt and Vig Hula Hoops
Prawn Cocktail Lays
Cigs
Coke Zero
Water
Tell me those are taster-size portions, you know, just enough to fit on a serving spoon

According to the radio this morning, half of the people who have diabetes don't know they have it. Just sayin', like...
Old Nov 21st 2012, 8:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Tell me those are taster-size portions, you know, just enough to fit on a serving spoon

According to the radio this morning, half of the people who have diabetes don't know they have it. Just sayin', like...
Byriani is a smallish pot, 3 inches diameter, about 2.5 deep.

Samosa isn't big

Ciabatta is a ciabatta. Guess about 6/7 inches.

Diabetes may well hit me later in life but at present I'm hungry and in the arrogant short-sightedness of sort of youth I'm going to crack on chomping.

:f ingerscrossed:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.