What's for lunch?

Old Mar 1st 2018, 8:01 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: What's for lunch?

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Gold's the new blue mate , never had an upgrade in 2 years when flying economy . The EK lounge in DXB is not worth a wank in any case now.
Exactly....and I'm only silver. The single benefit I like is the quick boarding. I like to get on, get sat and get left the **** alone.

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Queue for 15mins in a tiny room stinking of fresh shits. No thanks, I wait until the plane or go downstairs.
Shit on a plane or in the normal toilets in the airport? Neither are pleasant.

I'll have good coffee black or with a touch of proper milk , the fat content difference is negligible if you don't drink much.
Black coffee is the only coffee. No dicking around, no add ins, just water and coffee. Also, **** the lids - waste of space, keeps a black coffee too hot for too long. Bin the lid and hope a kid doesn't run into you to receive a scalding.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 8:27 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp

Black coffee is the only coffee. No dicking around, no add ins, just water and coffee....
Absolutely.

But there again...

What's for lunch?-cap-plus.jpg
Old Mar 1st 2018, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Shit on a plane or in the normal toilets in the airport? Neither are pleasant.
No shitting in public toilets period, unless I'm ill.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 8:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Absolutely.

But there again...

Attachment 129589
Wow.

In fairness, I did have a coffee last night that came with a mini donut stuck on a stick out the top of it. Divine.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

One compensation for Qatar is that I get frequent upgrades to business on QR despite only being silver Privilege. It is nice.

BA, however, are utterly shite at upgrades. 150,000 bloody avios points and the most I can ever upgrade to is premium economy.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely.

But there again...

Attachment 129589
I remember once in Tunisia I ordered a cappuccino and the foam turned out to be gelatinous whipped cream It was so thick I had to use a spoon to scrape it off in order to have any coffee at all.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 9:28 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I remember once in Tunisia I ordered a cappuccino and the foam turned out to be gelatinous whipped cream It was so thick I had to use a spoon to scrape it off in order to have any coffee at all.
Yeah, the above pic was in Morocco. It was a two-course affair: eat with a spoon the thick cream, Nutella and nuts, then drink the coffee through the remains of the cream. Was bloody good.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

One compensation for Qatar is that I get frequent upgrades to business on QR despite only being silver Privilege. It is nice.

BA, however, are utterly shite at upgrades. 150,000 bloody avios points and the most I can ever upgrade to is premium economy.
I would change back to QR if the ban wasn't in place without a doubt . Their business trumps EK and the upstairs seating in economy on the A380 for frequent flyers is decent .

Privilege Club is probably the best FF around at the moment and their 2for1 and 40% discounts on business are a steal.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 9:54 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Millhouse
No shitting in public toilets period, unless I'm ill.
Agreed.

Yeah, the above pic was in Morocco. It was a two-course affair: eat with a spoon the thick cream, Nutella and nuts, then drink the coffee through the remains of the cream. Was bloody good.
Sounds incredible.

I would change back to QR if the ban wasn't in place without a doubt . Their business trumps EK and the upstairs seating in economy on the A380 for frequent flyers is decent .
You can sit upstairs on the A380 with EK but only on flights to shit places like Birmingham where they don't need First Class.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 2:43 pm
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

I was Platinum on EK last year and got 2 miserable upgrades on BAHRAIN flights all year long. Back to Gold now and was in the 541t lounge today. God it’s awful and the food is worse than ever.

One good thing today, they now only allow priority boarding for Plat and Gold so it’s actually worth something again. As someone else said, gold is the new silver and silver is the new blue with a plastic card instead of paper.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 3:11 pm
Hit 16's

Bloody posers. I'm on Royal Air Maroc lowest grade (felafel?) and KLM Ivory (got to be the worst on-line experience ever), had one upgrade in about 5 years on the Leeds-AMS leg (same shite, different seat). RAM food looks like someone tasted it before and didn't like it, and KLM stuff is just booooring. If I have time transiting in AMS I go "outside" to the buffet-style restaurant in the main concourse, which has excellent choice. Cheap it ain't, though, although not as outrageous as MAN T3 airside bollocks. At least it's only about 3 hours flight from here.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 8:58 am
...we killed the flame

Miss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Ann Thrope has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, an airline attendant once confirmed to me that no one has rights to the overhead bin space directly above them. It's strictly first come first serve.
Well that is irrefutably definitive then... But really, flight attendants? You must have, ahem, encountered one or two....dozen in your time: let's face it, it's just part of gay life, especially living in a hub city. Surely you know how generally free of useful information they tend to be.

An irritating development on short haul mid-size jets that I've noticed is this thing where they want you to put smaller bags under the seat in front. Bog off! That's for my feet and I don't see why I should be penalised for not taking the piss on carry-on luggage. When I've been confronted by FAs about this I refuse to yield and they generally back off. BA are particularly bad on this, giving "under-seat" and "over-head" labels which I promptly remove.
Old Mar 4th 2018, 9:28 am
Hit 16's

Worried about being confronted by all 5ft2 of you?
Ask him about his daughters. I think you offered to buy one last time he was on here.