British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What's for dinner... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/whats-dinner-497131/)

MataHari Nov 30th 2007 2:47 pm

What's for dinner...

Pasta...with bacon, mushrooms, onion, garlic, Boursin, grated cheese and a salad on the side...

Grace O Malley Nov 30th 2007 2:54 pm

Re: What's for dinner...

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5618085)
Pasta...with bacon, mushrooms, onion, garlic, Boursin, grated cheese and a salad on the side...

Ruby murray

Barrie Nov 30th 2007 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5618085)

MataHari Do you heat the bacon, mushrooms, onion, garlic, Boursin, grated cheese to make a sauce, then add to the pasta?

MataHari Nov 30th 2007 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Barrie (Post 5618128)
MataHari Do you heat the bacon, mushrooms, onion, garlic, Boursin, grated cheese to make a sauce, then add to the pasta?

I first fry the bacon and put it on kitchenroll to get rid of the excess fat, and then I use a little bit of the greasy to fry the onions, garlic and then add the mushrooms...after a little while I add the Boursin and the cheese. In the meantime, the pasta has cooked, I add that and at the last moment I add the crumbled bacon over it...if you do that earlier it gets soggy and I like it to be crispy...

Barrie Nov 30th 2007 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5618152)
I first fry the bacon and put it on kitchenroll to get rid of the excess fat, and then I use a little bit of the greasy to fry the onions, garlic and then add the mushrooms...after a little while I add the Boursin and the cheese. In the meantime, the pasta has cooked, I add that and at the last moment I add the crumbled bacon over it...if you do that earlier it gets soggy and I like it to be crispy...

Sounds excellent. Think I will give it a try.

Cheers.

Madam Medusa Nov 30th 2007 3:13 pm

omg MH, what's up doll...??

MM, xx

MataHari Nov 30th 2007 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5618161)
omg MH, what's up doll...??

MM, xx

you reckon it's not my kind of thing...

Madam Medusa Nov 30th 2007 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5618181)
you reckon it's not my kind of thing...

well i didn't til now, for sure...

MM, xx

IndieG Nov 30th 2007 3:31 pm

This is what we're having - the cook's day off today, so:

Husband: Made Pasta (for the youngest); Green Lentils; Pulao

Daughter 1: Made some yummy potato curry (self taught!)

Me: Just had dinner! Now feeding the younger one.

Me in the afternoon: Made lunch (actually warmed up what my cook made yesterday, but made fresh rotis and naans)

:)

Barrie Nov 30th 2007 3:33 pm

Is it common for expats to have cooks and maids in Dubai?

Madam Medusa Nov 30th 2007 3:33 pm

talking of food, i went to the new Frankie Dettori/Marco Pierre White restaurant for lunch today...it's really good...

MM, xx

Madam Medusa Nov 30th 2007 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Barrie (Post 5618208)

maids are pretty common, and i know some people get them to do the cooking...but not aware of any people who have a separate coook...oh apart from IG it seems, lol...

MM, xx

IndieG Nov 30th 2007 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Barrie (Post 5618208)

Depends, in my case since I am in office from 8-5, I prefer to have a maid and a cook. When I return home, I like to spend time with the kids and relax, not cook and clean.

MataHari Nov 30th 2007 3:41 pm

I do it all myself...which will come as no surprise...
(well, I do have a cleaner type person that does things with buckets of water 3 times a week...)

IndieG Nov 30th 2007 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 5618227)
I do it all myself...which will come as no surprise...
(well, I do have a cleaner type person that does things with buckets of water 3 times a week...)

Frankly, if I had a choice I'd prefer to do the cleaning myself (think I'd do a much better job than the maids I've had so far!!). The main reason for having them is to babysit my kids for a couple of hours until I return from work....