Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Whats the best photo's you've ever seen...?

Old May 15th 2008, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the best photo's you've ever seen...?

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Im talking about 1978.......and am always right !
The Bangle is right - and in 82 Argentina were not great - once the decent players retired, Maradona was left to carry the team alone - which in 86 and 90 he did.

Burruchaga? Not bad, but not a game-breaker who could suddenly turn (say) a "2-0 down" into a good result - Maradona could and frequently did.

And even the USA 94 Maradona - who was on his way towards self-parody by then - still had his moments.......
Old May 15th 2008, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
an amazing and truly upsetting photo....Sudan if i remember correctly...

http://i31.tinypic.com/mhug7m.jpg
Very moving indeed - you make me feel guilty at having brought football-related stuff into this thread (although having a Maradona picture in the original post didn't help!).........

Is that a recent photo, Arb? I seem to recall seeing it not so very long ago........
Old May 15th 2008, 3:05 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Maradona wasnt in the 1978 World Cup winning team that was captained by Passarella, and had Villa, Kempes and Ardilles in.....!
In your original post no#25 you were talking about 1986 and 1990...who said anything about 1978?
Old May 15th 2008, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
In your original post no#25 you were talking about 1986 and 1990...who said anything about 1978?
Insel did, but he didn't realise he was talking about that particular year..... until Bangle pointed it out to him........
Old May 15th 2008, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

My mates mother, legs akimbo in Razzle when I was about 16 !!!!

She was as fit as a butchers dog !
Old May 15th 2008, 3:37 pm
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Dear LH........take another look

Post # 25 was posted by The Dean, not me .....hello !......The Dean referred to the Argentina teams of 86 and 90

In Post 29, YOU mentioned what about Passarella, Ardilles, Villa and Kempes.....to which I replied Maradona wasnt playing with those guys....ie. the team which won the 1978 World Cup did not have Maradona in it

Which part of this havent you followed so far .....so why you having a pop at me, numbnuts ?
Old May 15th 2008, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Insel did, but he didn't realise he was talking about that particular year..... until Bangle pointed it out to him........
I never mentioned 1978. Twas the bangleman
Old May 15th 2008, 4:28 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal

My mates mother, legs akimbo in Razzle when I was about 16 !!!!

She was as fit as a butchers dog !
Well, post it, or at least give us the issue number.....lol
Old May 15th 2008, 4:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond reputeKarlos The Jackal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
Well, post it, or at least give us the issue number.....lol

I think I left it rather dog earred & erm........................sticky !
Old May 15th 2008, 4:39 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Karlos The Jackal
I think I left it rather dog earred & erm........................sticky !
I could have lent you my laminator, she is very good.......
Old May 15th 2008, 4:44 pm

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

They were before Maradona, you muppet !!

Ose Ardiles wasn't, I think they might even have played together.
Old May 15th 2008, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

I like this one

Old May 15th 2008, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
Ose Ardiles wasn't, I think they might even have played together.
Ardiles and Villa made their Spurs debuts immediately after the 78 WC, Maradona was just breaking into the Argy team then (he was only 17).

Can't remember if OA and RV carried on playing for Argentina after that - were they at the 82 WC? Insel seems to think they were, so he's probably right - but I'm still talking about Maradona's effect on the 86 and 90 WC teams.

I stand by my comments – only a genius could have taken THOSE teams to two WC finals.
Old May 15th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Bull
Attached Thumbnails Whats the best photo's you've ever seen...?-bull.jpg   Whats the best photo's you've ever seen...?-picture1.jpg  

Last edited by benzonar; May 15th 2008 at 5:10 pm.
Old May 15th 2008, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
True - and still the greatest player of all time.

England have been using the 'Hand of God' excuse for not winning the 1986 WC ever since - mainly to cover up the fact that they weren't actually very good and wouldn't have won it anyway.......

Mind you, we had Terry Fenwick, Gary Stevens, Peter Reid and Steve Hodge - so we really OUGHT to have won it that year, with all that talent........
That is the core problem with the English...They think they're going to win at the start of each and every World Cup...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.