Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Whats the best photo's you've ever seen...?

Whats the best photo's you've ever seen...?

Old May 15th 2008, 9:31 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats the best photo's you've ever seen...?

Originally Posted by The Dean
And your nomination would be.....?
Paolo Di Canio....
Old May 15th 2008, 9:33 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Cool, I woulda gone for that as one of the most memorable photos...

First photo of big blue from space was taken in '68, what a moment for mankind.

Another immortal photo, same year - the diametric opposite:

http://vinpon.files.wordpress.com/20...eofthemos2.jpg
Bet the bloke on the right, wasnt so happy about that pic !
Old May 15th 2008, 9:50 am
Hammer for Life

These are too bad either ...
Attached Thumbnails Whats the best photo's you've ever seen...?-lost.bmp   Whats the best photo's you've ever seen...?-moorepele.jpg   Whats the best photo's you've ever seen...?-v1y6plftwmcu.jpg  

Last edited by BangleMan; May 15th 2008 at 10:00 am. Reason: .
Old May 15th 2008, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Paolo Di Canio....

not even fit to lace up George Best's boots!
Old May 15th 2008, 10:01 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by Inselaffen

.....I wondered when our glory hunting Manc would turn up
Old May 15th 2008, 10:07 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Just a couple of my favourite pics.

Old May 15th 2008, 10:17 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Think this is brilliant

and this was an astounding pic. especially at the time
Old May 15th 2008, 11:08 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Paolo Di Canio....
Give me strength!
Old May 15th 2008, 11:29 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by lionheart
Give me strength!
I know, you were going to say....Georgie Kinkladze werent you.....lol
Old May 15th 2008, 11:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

And Best - a player I loved - wasn't fit to lace up Maradona's boots.....

.........so where does that leave us?

I'll support my argument, briefly:

The players who are often hailed as 'greats' are usually surrounded by other greats. Example - Pele in the 1970 Brazil team that won the WC. A Cristiano Ronaldo or a Zinedine Zidane wouldn't have even made the subs bench, such was the quality of that team. (And yes, I know it's impossible to compare one era to another).

Maradona, on the other hand, single-handedly (no pun intended) took a bunch of dross to two consective WC finals (86 and 90). (Test yourselves - name another 'great' from that Argentina era)

I don't reckon there are many other players in history, if indeed any, that can claim to have done the same.

Fair point?
Old May 15th 2008, 12:17 pm
Hammer for Life

My musical hero.....great pic !

Old May 15th 2008, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

And Best - a player I loved - wasn't fit to lace up Maradona's boots.....

.........so where does that leave us?

I'll support my argument, briefly:

The players who are often hailed as 'greats' are usually surrounded by other greats. Example - Pele in the 1970 Brazil team that won the WC. A Cristiano Ronaldo or a Zinedine Zidane wouldn't have even made the subs bench, such was the quality of that team. (And yes, I know it's impossible to compare one era to another).

Maradona, on the other hand, single-handedly (no pun intended) took a bunch of dross to two consective WC finals (86 and 90). (Test yourselves - name another 'great' from that Argentina era)

I don't reckon there are many other players in history, if indeed any, that can claim to have done the same.

Fair point?
I think Best was a better player than Maradona.
Problem for him was that he never got to show in on the International scene.
Old May 15th 2008, 12:42 pm
Hammer for Life

I think Best was a better player than Maradona.
Problem for him was that he never got to show in on the International scene.
Me neither.....I was destined for greatness.....just no-one but me, knew...
Old May 15th 2008, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Fair point?
How about Ossie Ardiles, Ricardo Villa, Daniel Passarella, Mario Kempes, Claudio Lopez and Ariel Ortega...all pretty fair players.
Old May 15th 2008, 12:47 pm
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by lionheart
How about Ossie Ardiles, Ricardo Villa, Daniel Passarella, Mario Kempes, Claudio Lopez and Ariel Ortega...all pretty fair players.
They were before Maradona, you muppet !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.