British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   whatever happened... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/whatever-happened-519397/)

Madam Medusa Mar 5th 2008 5:16 pm

whatever happened...

...to the jim rose circus?? just watched something which reminded me of them, and now can't find anything on google...

must say, i always used to wince at the amazing mr lifto...those penis weight lifts he did were truely scary...

and then there was the tube man who did the bile thing...eeeuuuwwwww...

if you don't know what the hell i'm talking about, apologies, and carry on as you were, lol...

MM, xx

The Dean Mar 6th 2008 5:58 am

Re: whatever happened...

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6021663)
...to the jim rose circus?? just watched something which reminded me of them, and now can't find anything on google...

must say, i always used to wince at the amazing mr lifto...those penis weight lifts he did were truely scary...

if you don't know what the hell i'm talking about, apologies, and carry on as you were, lol...

MM, xx

I'm curious - bearing in mind the sort of acts you mention..........

..... precisely WHAT were you watching that "reminded" you of them???

Madam Medusa Mar 6th 2008 6:45 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6024475)
I'm curious - bearing in mind the sort of acts you mention..........

..... precisely WHAT were you watching that "reminded" you of them???

bizarrely enough, it was the bob dylan film I'm Not There...god knows what made me think of jim rose though...

MM, xx

Spugsy Mar 6th 2008 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6021663)

MM, xx

I saw them in Newcastle about 10 years ago, they were brilliant, at the end they switched off ALL the lights and 2 naked blokes with chainsaws came running through teh crowd, man it was mayhem - girls screaming, blokes climbing out of windows - turns out they had guards on the chainsaws but no-one knew,

heh.

Madam Medusa Mar 6th 2008 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6024608)
I saw them in Newcastle about 10 years ago, they were brilliant, at the end they switched off ALL the lights and 2 naked blokes with chainsaws came running through teh crowd, man it was mayhem - girls screaming, blokes climbing out of windows - turns out they had guards on the chainsaws but no-one knew,

heh.

they were amazing live, but defo not to everyone's taste...lol...

MM, xx

Spugsy Mar 6th 2008 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6024613)
they were amazing live, but defo not to everyone's taste...lol...

MM, xx

the local paper went mental on them, saying what a disgrace they were, heh, especially the bloke with two irons hanging off his foreskin.

Ouch.

Madam Medusa Mar 6th 2008 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6024655)
the local paper went mental on them, saying what a disgrace they were, heh, especially the bloke with two irons hanging off his foreskin.

i think it was at that point of the show that my hubbie left, lmao...

MM, xx

Spugsy Mar 6th 2008 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6024662)
i think it was at that point of the show that my hubbie left, lmao...

MM, xx

but you stayed?

Madam Medusa Mar 6th 2008 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6024702)
but you stayed?

course...it was compulsive viewing...

MM, xx

The Dean Mar 6th 2008 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6024655)

Ouch.

Er...... Spugsy.........

When you say "two irons hanging off his foreskin", I assume that's not Cockney rhyming slang.......?

Spugsy Mar 6th 2008 10:09 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 6025095)
Er...... Spugsy.........

When you say "two irons hanging off his foreskin", I assume that's not Cockney rhyming slang.......?

thats exactly what it was I'm afraid, he had it pierced and had one of those roof rack things with an iron attached to it, then added another,

not particularly pleasant viewing.

The Dean Mar 6th 2008 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6025238)
thats exactly what it was I'm afraid, he had it pierced and had one of those roof rack things with an iron attached to it, then added another,

"One of my mates has got FIVE penises!"
"How do his underpants fit him?"
"Like a glove... !!"

(C) "The Oldest 100 Jokes In The World"

madmidwife Mar 6th 2008 10:43 am

Penis Puppetry????:confused:

Inselaffen Mar 6th 2008 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6025238)

looks like I had better cancel the jim rose circus as entertainment for the next night out then :(

Madam Medusa Mar 6th 2008 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6025474)
looks like I had better cancel the jim rose circus as entertainment for the next night out then :(

hell no...bring em on...spugsy and i will enjoy it even if no one else does...

MM, xx