What are your targets?

Old Sep 4th 2013, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

abi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud ofabi31 has much to be proud of
Default Re: What are your targets?

Drop sprog #2
Join OH in AD
Save like buggery (via OH!)
Finish degree
Go for sprog #3
Get to Oz
Do teacher training
Get MEd
Be secure enough financially so OH can retire at 55

try to fit in having a life somewhere - though that shouldn't be hard - more like trying to remember there's a sensible life plan amongst the booze and fags and trips to waterworld.

Edit: cos it's not just about me
Old Sep 5th 2013, 5:12 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Do my second sub10 hour Ironman triathlon
Qualify and race at the world champs in Hawaii
Podium for GB at the Euro Champs next June in Austria

Workwise, continue to enjoy and develop with my current company.
Move eventually to either Houston or back to UK

We just sold our house in scotland so looking to invest somewhere.

To find a cure for MS.

That's about it really, nothing much of any interest.

Go a whole day without stressing about people's driving
MS one is a worthy one. My mum jut got diagnosed with progressive MS.
Check out
http://www.terrywahls.com/
She also has a brilliant TED talk
Old Sep 5th 2013, 5:13 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

My goals are pretty simple

Make some serious **** you money

This will allow me to do all the other shit in life that I actually want to do that doesn't involving swallowing shit for a living
Old Sep 5th 2013, 6:00 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
MS one is a worthy one. My mum jut got diagnosed with progressive MS.
Check out
http://www.terrywahls.com/
She also has a brilliant TED talk
my wife has MS. She is 37 and we recon first got the symptoms and first signs around 6 years ago although the official diagnosis wasn't until 3 years back.

That is my driving force with my Ironman Journey. I have raised a lot of money for the Hyperbaric chamber at the MS Therapy center in Dundee and continue to bike for my Company in MS races in America.

She is an utter inspiration the way she deals with this horrible illness and anytime I come in from a hard session and complain that my legs are stiff or i'm feeling tired, I get a stark reminder of what pain and continual suffering really is.

Those who don't have exposure to this simply wont grasp the TRUE grind that living with MS causes the sufferer and the family.

Anyway, I was sidetracked somewhat
Old Sep 5th 2013, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Short-term - Complete next year's London Marathon in under 4.5 hours;

Longer-term - Get the fork out of Dodge.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 6:07 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millsyisland
Short-term - Complete next year's London Marathon in under 4.5 hours;

you walking it?

kidding. That is a pretty good time
Old Sep 5th 2013, 6:08 am
**** it we'll do it live

my wife has MS. She is 37 and we recon first got the symptoms and first signs around 6 years ago although the official diagnosis wasn't until 3 years back.

That is my driving force with my Ironman Journey. I have raised a lot of money for the Hyperbaric chamber at the MS Therapy center in Dundee and continue to bike for my Company in MS races in America.

She is an utter inspiration the way she deals with this horrible illness and anytime I come in from a hard session and complain that my legs are stiff or i'm feeling tired, I get a stark reminder of what pain and continual suffering really is.

Those who don't have exposure to this simply wont grasp the TRUE grind that living with MS causes the sufferer and the family.
no shit

Anyway, I was sidetracked somewhat
mum was diagnosed this year but we reckon shes had symptoms for at least 10 if not 15 years. a multitude of tests over that time have had her treated for everything except MS!

Does your wife take vitamin d3?
Old Sep 5th 2013, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

you walking it?

kidding. That is a pretty good time
It's ambitious for me, but achievable if I put the training in.

Really looking forward to it, although my wife is a bit worried after she keeps reading (usually in the Daily Snail) about people keeling over and dying during marathons! I don't plan to do that..
Old Sep 5th 2013, 6:47 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

My sporting ambition would be to complete the Paris Dakar Rally on a bike on the old African route over the Sahara (not the south american one).
I bottled doing it with a mate 6 or 7 years ago and now regret not having went. He didn't finish in the end but I reckon if I had gone we would have supported each other well to get a finish.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 6:56 am
**** it we'll do it live

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
My sporting ambition would be to complete the Paris Dakar Rally on a bike on the old African route over the Sahara (not the south american one).
I bottled doing it with a mate 6 or 7 years ago and now regret not having went. He didn't finish in the end but I reckon if I had gone we would have supported each other well to get a finish.
word to the wise, on average it takes 5 attempts to get a finishers medal and about 250,000 quid!

that said go for it, i'll do it one day but in a car or buggy. no way i'm going near it on a bike!
Old Sep 5th 2013, 6:58 am
banned

Originally Posted by shiva
mum was diagnosed this year but we reckon shes had symptoms for at least 10 if not 15 years. a multitude of tests over that time have had her treated for everything except MS!

Does your wife take vitamin d3?
Yes she does, amongst many others..
Old Sep 5th 2013, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

MS is truly horrible. My ex's mother had it for years, and, well you know how it goes. Vile disease.

There was some research done about using a neck brace to straighten out a nerve in the c spine, i think, that was showing some positive results.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 7:06 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Currently on a diet, need to shed 5 kg
Old Sep 5th 2013, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Short term goal is to get a job, my contract ended recently and the next one is taking forever to sort out. So in the meantime I might go and find a beach hut somewhere.

Longer term goal, is to finish THE BOOK.
Start my masters
Get back in to construction management as I reeeeeally miss it. Progress to Project Director level for starters.
Find some way of making my retirement a bit more secure, whether that be property or something else.

*Edited to add - I also need to lose a shedload of weight.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 7:13 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Short term - Get through today
Medium Term - Brunch tomorrow
Long Term - try and get up and into work Saturday morning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.