What are your targets?

Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are your targets?

Short

* Get my CGeol..... been fannying about with this for ages...
* Get promoted again after the above
* Sort all my debts etc out
* Stop smoking
* Get fitter

Long

* Get my Yachtmaster
* Change careers to something more exciting
* Buy some property somewhere snowy... Colorado maybe.
* Retire early

Long long

* Get caught up in a major international scandal

Long long long

* Die happy but in an absolutely trashed carcass!
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Short

* Stop smoking
* Get fitter

Long

* Get my Yachtmaster
* Retire early

Long long

Long long long

Do you work in Geology Jam?
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Short

* Stop smoking
* Get fitter

Long

* Get my Yachtmaster
* Retire early

Long long

Long long long

You can get your Yachtmaster in a week if you have some of the basic stuff, my sister did it, it was intense and lumpy on the wallet but worth the time. Although, I think it was in Wales.....
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
You can get your Yachtmaster in a week if you have some of the basic stuff, my sister did it, it was intense and lumpy on the wallet but worth the time. Although, I think it was in Wales.....
I looked into doing it out here but was very pricey. Something I will look at again in 2-3 years time I think.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Come on, what did he do?

Tennis ranking? As in a proper pro ranking or is it like getting a handicap in golf?
It's a ranking among seniors, a world ranking though! I'm not that good but managed to scrape into qualifying for trying..

He failed to book the holiday accom for a trip to the UK that I didn't want to go on and there is none left in the area and flights are booked, also my bro has booked flights to come too. Nothing remotely interesting but the sort of thing that makes spouses stabby.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
I looked into doing it out here but was very pricey. Something I will look at again in 2-3 years time I think.
She was all over it and loved it, but spent a good few thousand to do it in the week long course. Said it was intense and full of absolute helmets but worth the cash money.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Do you work in Geology Jam?
Sure do. I'm a Senior Engineering Geologist.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Was that the theory as well as the practical?

I agree that you could do the theory but the practical requires a certain amount of hours.

I have nothing at the moment (no practical crew or day skipper) even though I have sailed and raced since I was a teenager. Should really just step up and do it.

Sailing is a silly expensive hobby tho.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Sure do. I'm a Senior Engineering Geologist.
Geology has always interested me, especially when you team it up with Engineering!
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

She was all over it and loved it, but spent a good few thousand to do it in the week long course. Said it was intense and full of absolute helmets but worth the cash money.
Does she ever use it though?
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by al dente
It's a ranking among seniors, a world ranking though! I'm not that good but managed to scrape into qualifying for trying..

He failed to book the holiday accom for a trip to the UK that I didn't want to go on and there is none left in the area and flights are booked, also my bro has booked flights to come too. Nothing remotely interesting but the sort of thing that makes spouses stabby.
That's pretty poor from him, but everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure he'll make up for it.

Ranking sounds epic. Definitely do that. That's awesome.

Was that the theory as well as the practical?

I agree that you could do the theory but the practical requires a certain amount of hours.

I have nothing at the moment (no practical crew or day skipper) even though I have sailed and raced since I was a teenager. Should really just step up and do it.

Sailing is a silly expensive hobby tho.
I think she had to have x hours (x00 I think) under her belt already as there was only going to be x hours completed on the course itself.

To be honest, I can't really remember, I just know that Dad was splitting the cost with Mum but ended up paying more and it all kicked off and wasn't worth the aggro as far as I was concerned.

I've got competent crew, was on holiday doing day skipper but they wouldn't let me do it properly because I was 15, which was weird but some bullshit excuse not to let me play boats I reckon.

Sailing is one of my favourite things to do, I really should look into it out here...problem is I can't stand the yachties and the bollocks that falls out their gobs.

Does she ever use it though?
She did, for a bit and was a mad keen sailor....but not sure she uses it at all anymore. More into scuba diving now.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

That's pretty poor from him, but everyone makes mistakes. I'm sure he'll make up for it.

Ranking sounds epic. Definitely do that. That's awesome.

I think she had to have x hours (x00 I think) under her belt already as there was only going to be x hours completed on the course itself.

To be honest, I can't really remember, I just know that Dad was splitting the cost with Mum but ended up paying more and it all kicked off and wasn't worth the aggro as far as I was concerned.

I've got competent crew, was on holiday doing day skipper but they wouldn't let me do it properly because I was 15, which was weird but some bullshit excuse not to let me play boats I reckon.

Sailing is one of my favourite things to do, I really should look into it out here...problem is I can't stand the yachties and the bollocks that falls out their gobs.

She did, for a bit and was a mad keen sailor....but not sure she uses it at all anymore. More into scuba diving now.
I did sailing as a kid and loved it but there was nowhere that close where I could do it as a kid.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:48 am
Account Closed

I did sailing as a kid and loved it but there was nowhere that close where I could do it as a kid.
That's the thing, it's hard and expensive to get into unless it's on your doorstep.

My school had a sailing club which was cool, just in dinghies on a big lake racing and learning.

On top of that Dad's got a yacht so we'd go out every weekend in Summer and occasionally when colder, but we were / are proper fair weather sailors. **** the cold and blowy stuff.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

My bro and his mate did their Yacht-masters near Southampton? My brother is now a prof yachtie whereas his mate went back to land and is now a hedge fund manager. They live very different lives!
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

That's the thing, it's hard and expensive to get into unless it's on your doorstep.

My school had a sailing club which was cool, just in dinghies on a big lake racing and learning.

On top of that Dad's got a yacht so we'd go out every weekend in Summer and occasionally when colder, but we were / are proper fair weather sailors. **** the cold and blowy stuff.
Wasn't really anything nearby or within say 40-50 miles that I could go to on a regular basis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.