What are your targets?

Old Sep 4th 2013, 8:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default What are your targets?

Bahtat just inspired me to think more about the targets I've got and not got, or ones I've got but not properly set.

What are you working towards? What are you wanting to achieve in the next few years?

At the moment all I've got on my list to accomplish is the following:

- Revenue target I've set myself for the calendar year (127% of company set target). Should just about do it. Dec 2013
- Get promoted. Just ****ing missed this. Unfairly too. New target agreed with boss and working towards it. Target is to be achieved by December. Working bollocks off for this and the first one combined, will be worth a good pay rise so it's top priority. Dec 2013
- Clear final UK idiot debt. ****ING DONE IT THIS MONTH. BOOM...well, 30 quid short but that was a mistake on the transfer from me. Will be gone end of month.

The more fluid:

- Still want to do a degree / qualification, juggling time and cost demands of doing it are putting me off. Mainly the cost.
- Work out what I need to buy a house in the UK. Work out how to get that. Stick to that savings plan. Establish a savings account that will take my money regularly and not let me get at it too easily.
- Marry the Mrs. Not yet, not for at least 3-4 years more. But I'd like to be there around the 30 mark. Mustn't **** it up.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all
Default Re: What are your targets?

Originally Posted by Scamp
Bahtat just inspired me to think more about the targets I've got and not got, or ones I've got but not properly set.

What are you working towards? What are you wanting to achieve in the next few years?

At the moment all I've got on my list to accomplish is the following:

- Revenue target I've set myself for the calendar year (127% of company set target). Should just about do it. Dec 2013
- Get promoted. Just ****ing missed this. Unfairly too. New target agreed with boss and working towards it. Target is to be achieved by December. Working bollocks off for this and the first one combined, will be worth a good pay rise so it's top priority. Dec 2013
- Clear final UK idiot debt. ****ING DONE IT THIS MONTH. BOOM...well, 30 quid short but that was a mistake on the transfer from me. Will be gone end of month.

The more fluid:

- Still want to do a degree / qualification, juggling time and cost demands of doing it are putting me off. Mainly the cost.
- Work out what I need to buy a house in the UK. Work out how to get that. Stick to that savings plan. Establish a savings account that will take my money regularly and not let me get at it too easily.
- Marry the Mrs. Not yet, not for at least 3-4 years more. But I'd like to be there around the 30 mark. Mustn't **** it up.
Could you not get your company to support you with your degree?
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:05 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by The_Citizen
Could you not get your company to support you with your degree?
They sort of said maybe, but sort of said look into it and let us know, but sort of weren't interested and sort of didn't give a ****.

Let's face it, it's purely selfish....what would a degree in let's say, Economics, or History, or Politics, or something else have any benefit to doing recruitment?

Not a bad shout, maybe there's a compromise. CIPD or something like that. Maybe a HR degree, but that just sounds ****ing bent.

You've made me think again.... Thanks mate.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to allThe_Citizen is a name known to all

They sort of said maybe, but sort of said look into it and let us know, but sort of weren't interested and sort of didn't give a ****.

Let's face it, it's purely selfish....what would a degree in let's say, Economics, or History, or Politics, or something else have any benefit to doing recruitment?

Not a bad shout, maybe there's a compromise. CIPD or something like that. Maybe a HR degree, but that just sounds ****ing bent.

You've made me think again.... Thanks mate.
I want to do a masters and they said they would fund it as long as it benefited them which is fair enough really.

What would you be looking at a degree in?
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Enough cash to put my kids through Uni (if that's the route they choose - if not Pappa Brains is getting a speedboat)

Buy property for rental in UK.
Buy property to live in when we move to OZ.

Keep wife happy.

Stop smoking.

Obtain MsC.

Take over the world.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:16 am
Account Closed

I want to do a masters and they said they would fund it as long as it benefited them which is fair enough really.

What would you be looking at a degree in?
That's decent then. I guess they'll adapt your contract to commit you to refunding them if you leave within x years or something...

If I wanted to do one for enjoyment it'd be Economics or Business or Politics or History related, because I like all those.

If it was for 'career' I guess the only real relevance would be a Business + Something degree or maybe HR type.

I am looking now at the option of working towards CIPD, which is quite HR focused and requires some pretty basic qualifications, but would let me put letters after my name. That'd be nice. Probably get some credit towards a degree at a later date.

Still, this is pie in the sky, I've been banging on about this on the forum for ages and done **** all about it.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Enough cash to put my kids through Uni (if that's the route they choose - if not Pappa Brains is getting a speedboat)

Buy property for rental in UK.
Buy property to live in when we move to OZ.

Keep wife happy.

Stop smoking.

Obtain MsC.

Take over the world.
Bugger, forgot that one.

Speedboat is the infinitely better idea Brains, you know it, I know it, they'll understand it. If you have boys (I can't remember, sorry,) they'll get so much more fanny in their teens inviting birds onto 'Dad's boat'. FACT.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

That's decent then. I guess they'll adapt your contract to commit you to refunding them if you leave within x years or something...

If I wanted to do one for enjoyment it'd be Economics or Business or Politics or History related, because I like all those.

If it was for 'career' I guess the only real relevance would be a Business + Something degree or maybe HR type.

I am looking now at the option of working towards CIPD, which is quite HR focused and requires some pretty basic qualifications, but would let me put letters after my name. That'd be nice. Probably get some credit towards a degree at a later date.

Still, this is pie in the sky, I've been banging on about this on the forum for ages and done **** all about it.
Yeah they have said if I leave after 2 years of completing then I owe it them back. Can't really ask for much more if I am being honest.

I would like to do a degree in something like history myself as it would be interesting but wouldn't really help my career in any way.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:22 am
Account Closed

Yeah they have said if I leave after 2 years of completing then I owe it them back. Can't really ask for much more if I am being honest.

I would like to do a degree in something like history myself as it would be interesting but wouldn't really help my career in any way.
Fair enough from them, they're investing in you to help them in the long run.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Short Term;

- Start my Masters.
- Become Debt free in the UK by April 2014. (not including student fees)
- Explore different parts of the world.
- Promotion at work.

Long Term

- Enough to buy a house in the UK.
- Move to somewhere else other than the Middle East or the UK. Preferably Oz.
- Keep the wife happy.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Financially, buy two small buy to let properties as investments, the rental income will go straight into investment pot where I will buy a 3rd and 4th aiming for when I retire I would have an income of 2500 coming in from rental properties with a value of 400K so I can retire at 65 with an income to live off and several properties that I can sell of 1 by o1 as I need the cash. Have a deposit for my own property so I can be mortgage free by 65. When I have those things Iwill be ready to leave Dubai.

Leave Dubai- head either to States shortterm or UK, If I go to the States I would look at working a rather well known brand, if the Uk I may well go back to freelancing. Option of starting my own company as I have some investors interested when I am ready but I am not sure if that is what I want to do at the moment.If i do then start big company make lots of money, sell company for more money, or go back to freelancing for a few years, then have a complete change and work in animal conservation and also some charity work for under privelidged kids. Do a bit more writing on the side, might pop out a couple of books.

Stop smoking, loose weight and make a bit more time for myself. Maybe settle down if I meet the right man, get married, have a dog and a cat, I always liked the idea of being a foster carer but my lifestyle currently doesn't work for that, so when I can slow down I would absolutely look at that. I would like to run the London marathon even just once, and even if it takes me 42 days.

Travel more, still loads of places I would like to see.

Retirement, still unsure of where I would retire, the more places I travel to the harder it is to decide, I always loved Ireland, by the sea in Kerry. or go somewhere sunny, I can't imagine not working so I would still do something until I am at the point I can't or don't want to anymore. Might just become an old cat lady.

I have a few options of which all are nice so I consider myself very lucky, obviously you never know what is around the corner and it could all go horribly wrong, but who knows, I feel pretty positive about the future and that I have choices and choices are always good.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Short term:
Not kill my husband for not doing something he promised to do and then not apologising
Get an ITF tennis ranking
Work to deadline and keep my children happy
Hold a fund raiser for Babies Behind Bars

Mid term:
Expand career and network, build on the 3 days a week currently.
Do a qual
Help my children develop a love of school and sport.
Stop smoking

Long term:
Set up my own company and employ others to do the boring stuff
Old Sep 4th 2013, 9:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by al dente
Short term:
Not kill my husband for not doing something he promised to do and then not apologising
Get an ITF tennis ranking
Work to deadline and keep my children happy
Hold a fund raiser for Babies Behind Bars

Mid term:
Expand career and network, build on the 3 days a week currently.
Do a qual
Help my children develop a love of school and sport.
Stop smoking

Long term:
Set up my own company and employ others to do the boring stuff
Come on, what did he do?

Tennis ranking? As in a proper pro ranking or is it like getting a handicap in golf?
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:00 am
"Insert witty title here"

Irishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond reputeIrishbeekeeper has a reputation beyond repute

1. take care of parents when they get old
2. take care of kids till they are older and wiser and hopefully well educated
3. buy a small house with a huge garden with lots and lots of trees, maybe even a pond. the house needs to be far far away from any roads and other human beings as I think I will start to hate human beings as I get older
Old Sep 4th 2013, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Short

* Get my CGeol..... been fannying about with this for ages...
* Get promoted again after the above
* Sort all my debts etc out
* Stop smoking
* Get fitter

Long

* Get my Yachtmaster
* Change careers to something more exciting
* Buy some property somewhere snowy... Colorado maybe.
* Retire early

Long long

* Get caught up in a major international scandal

Long long long

* Die happy but in an absolutely trashed carcass!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.