Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What your most tenuous / ludicrous claim to fame ?

What your most tenuous / ludicrous claim to fame ?

Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:38 am
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What your most tenuous / ludicrous claim to fame ?

my brother knocked out one of sheikh mo's sons a few years ago.......dont ask, its a very long story that got tony blair involved!!!!! ****ing funny tale though
I think I speak for most in asking for more details, we need the gossip to brighten up our day.

B
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

scarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of lightscarletfanagain is a glorious beacon of light

Back in the late 80's, the Welsh rugby team decided to tour local clubs before heading off for a tour of canada. The idea was they would train with the locals, and have a friendly game.

They visited our club, and in the friendly game, I outjumped Bob Norster in a lineout. At the next lineout, the bar steward broke my nose with his bony elbow, I smacked him, he laughed and I thought "**** this for a game of soldiers"
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:51 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bison
I think I speak for most in asking for more details, we need the gossip to brighten up our day.

B

cant tell you, have to kill you after and all that.......

TBH theres no way i'm saying more over tinternet, i like living here
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Most of mine seem to involve sneaky ciggies.

Brian McFadden & I were on the same ciggie break schedule at a restaurant and after dinner, him and his missus (Delta goodrum) and me and my mates all had a drink together. They were both lovely.

Leo Sayer's girlfriend threatened to duff me up in a night club as he came over to tell me that he liked to watch me dance. Hmm.

Brian Johnson, when i told him that i thought he was a crazy mutha said, and i quote: "If you think i'm ****ing crazy now girl, wait till i ****king get you home". I did not go home with him but did continue to have a ciggie with him.

Adrian Grenier from Entourage and i chatted about the sydney nightclub scene and how to avoid paps as he had gatecrashed a private party.

Met englad rugby 7's team at breakfast, which was utterly wasted as i had a hangover. Very pleasant though Vickery was not optimistic about winning.

Other than Delta Goodrum and some of the rugby team, they are all short arses.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:58 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
You know, a really bizarre link / tenuous link....the looser the better !

For example, I went to a pub about 3 years ago for Sunday dinner with the then Missus

I went to the toilet, washed my hands after but as the dryer wasnt working came through the door on the way out shaking my hands dry in front of me, only to literally bump into the Page 3 slapper Jody Marsh coming out of the Ladies....it looked as if I was trying to grope her !!!
I played footy with madness when I was 8, it was class.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
cant tell you, have to kill you after and all that.......

TBH theres no way i'm saying more over tinternet, i like living here
sounds like a tale worth hearing! Hope it does the rounds on the beer circuit...
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:03 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
sounds like a tale worth hearing! Hope it does the rounds on the beer circuit...

rest assured it wont. not whilst we live here
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:09 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Was once given a green pullover for Xmas by George Harrison...
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:15 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Was once given a green pullover for Xmas by George Harrison...
what do you mean by 'pullover'?
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:30 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy
what do you mean by 'pullover'?
i think that is over 60's for jumper
Old Jan 13th 2009, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I was once in a lift in a Montreal with Denns Rodman.
think that lift was near its max weight limit with just the two of us.

Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:07 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Having after-show drinkies with Sir Edward 'Weary' Dunlop at his house in Melbourne. He was the Aussie surgeon on the infamous Burma railway in WWII who was tortured by the Japanese but also saved the lives of many a British, Dutch and Australian soldier.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

My Missouri court-case is quoted in US case-law.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:30 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
i think that is over 60's for jumper
Yeah, like you wouldnt know, gramps....lol
Old Jan 13th 2009, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

A few more.

I was sat next to David Walliams at a Morrissey concert in the Royal Albert Hall, Sean Hughes was sat two rows in front of us. Walliams wore a dodgy white suit and danced like a lemon all night. Was before Little Britain but recognised him from Rock profiles.

I once had a few drinks with some of the blokes from Jackass in a hotel in London. They invited me over because I was wearing a Smiths t-shirt apparently. Was the guy who is always playing pranks on his parents.

Oh and Steve McManaman once asked for me to be ejected from a bar because me and my mates were taking the piss out of Liverpool, luckily I was good friends witht the doorman who told him to piss off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.