Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What are your First World Problems?

What are your First World Problems?

Old Jan 3rd 2014, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

raining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to all
Default Re: What are your First World Problems?

I'm sick of drinking champagne.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raining
I'm sick of drinking champagne.
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

My cat had been kidnapped. Is that a first world problem ?
Old Jan 3rd 2014, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
My cat had been kidnapped. Is that a first world problem ?
That happened to one of my cats in Doha. Four days later she reappeared smelling of an unlikely mix of fish and Chanel No. 9...
Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Ditzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud ofDitzy has much to be proud of

My dishwasher needs to be emptied in order to refill it, yet it's another 24 hours before the agency maid is due.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 7:17 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
That happened to one of my cats in Doha. Four days later she reappeared smelling of an unlikely mix of fish and Chanel No. 9...
I don't know why but that really made me smile..........
Old Jan 4th 2014, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Yes...unfortunately mine smelled of Channel No. 9......yuck!!!!!!!
Old Jan 4th 2014, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
Yes...unfortunately mine smelled of Channel No. 9......yuck!!!!!!!
Isn't Channel 9 the old Abu Dhabi terrestrial TV station?
Old Jan 4th 2014, 12:55 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

The hardest thing I have had to do is giving up Alcohol for a month for Charity?

Must qualify as a 1st world problem.........
Old Jan 4th 2014, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by britexpat76
The hardest thing I have had to do is giving up Alcohol for a month for Charity?

Must qualify as a 1st world problem.........
Try AA...( http://www.aaqatar.org/)
Old Jan 5th 2014, 2:50 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Torygraph have some decent ones:

You know you’ve survived 2013 in Dubai if…

By annabelkantaria

You’ve become snobby about fireworks: unless there’s a pyrotechnical sunrise, a flying falcon and a 30,000 square metre firework flag – all set to music – it’s hardly a display, is it?

You can talk seamlessly and at length about Expo 2020 without actually knowing what World Expo is, let alone understanding what Dubai’s theme “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future” actually means.

You’ve started asking visitors which “Dubai airport” they’re flying into.

You still entertain people from home with the story that all the schools were closed and the last day of the 2013 Dubai Airshow was cancelled… because of rain.

It tickles you that some of the fastest supercars in the world belong to the local police force.

You chuckle knowingly when you read that people who live on the Palm and want to go to a New Year’s Eve party on the Palm will have to drive off the Palm and take a chartered bus back onto the Palm just to get two minutes down the road to the party.

You wish you’d had the foresight to buy the car number plate “Dubai 2020” – but, when you see it on Dubai Police’s new US $239,400 McLaren MP4 you realise you’d have had no chance.

You wonder how “third-world Gatwick Airport” will cope with the new Emirates A380 flights it’ll start receiving in March 2014.

You’re wondering if there’s still time to buy a reasonably priced property in Dubai to rent out in the run-up to 2020.

You’re reluctant to buy a television unless it comes with a free BMW.

You’re seriously wondering if it’s worth spending AED 5,000 (£910) for your children to wake up to a snow-covered garden.

You’ve stopped worrying about traffic jams: you know that, within a few months, there’ll be a new flyover by-passing any trouble spot.

You’re “definitely” staying in Dubai till at least 2020.

You avoid stopping for petrol between midnight and 6am as you’ve no idea how to work the pump yourself, let alone how to pay for it without a man there to take your cash.

You’re wondering how long it’ll be before we start to read again how many cranes there are in Dubai. Come to think of it, there’s already quite a few right outside your bedroom window…

http://my.telegraph.co.uk/expat/anna...3-in-dubai-if/