Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What is your earliest childhood memory?

What is your earliest childhood memory?

Old May 24th 2009, 4:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default What is your earliest childhood memory?

how old were you? how far back does your memory go?
Old May 24th 2009, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What is your earliest childhood memory?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I remember being in my cot and crying because my twin could climb out of hers and I couldn't. Think we were in "big" beds by the time we were 18 months/2 years.

Also being walked in a pram by my gran, probably around the same age.
Old May 24th 2009, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

Last thing i remember was my mother and father dressing me up in a "JR" outfit when i was 3 and taking me to southend on sea! Cowboy hat and all....

I am still traumatised by the whole thing!

Oh the outfit in the avatar was just as bad........

Last edited by deemi786; May 24th 2009 at 5:04 am. Reason: addition
Old May 24th 2009, 5:17 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deemi786
Last thing i remember was my mother and father dressing me up in a "JR" outfit when i was 3 and taking me to southend on sea! Cowboy hat and all....

he he he, I can remember taking my Brother to some theme park and he was terrified of Rupert the Bear!! earliest memory I think was when I was about three and we were at a friends place, and I vomitted!
Old May 24th 2009, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

I think my first memory is when i got lost at Blackpool beach.

I think i was about 3 and i lost my family and i seen this guy i thought was my dad (he had the same t-shirt as my dad) and i ran up to him and cuddled him! The guy started laughing and there was a big group of people with him and they were all laughing. I realised it wasn't my dad and i ran away, devastated.

I don't remember anything else about it and no one can say if this did happen.
I'm not even sure if this is a memory or a dream. Do you know what i mean?

My poor mam must have been frantic! She says i went to fill my pail at the water tap just beside them and they turned round and i had gone. Some lady helped me find them in the end but they say i was miles away.

Mrs H
Old May 24th 2009, 6:27 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes
I think my first memory is when i got lost at Blackpool beach.

I think i was about 3 and i lost my family and i seen this guy i thought was my dad (he had the same t-shirt as my dad) and i ran up to him and cuddled him! The guy started laughing and there was a big group of people with him and they were all laughing. I realised it wasn't my dad and i ran away, devastated.

I don't remember anything else about it and no one can say if this did happen.
I'm not even sure if this is a memory or a dream. Do you know what i mean?

My poor mam must have been frantic! She says i went to fill my pail at the water tap just beside them and they turned round and i had gone. Some lady helped me find them in the end but they say i was miles away.

Mrs H
I hope 18 month olds can't remember things!! I 'lost' Mitten in IBN Battuta, absolute nightmare situation for any Mother to be in. I tried to keep calm but inside I was falling to bits. You need ten pairs of eyes when you have a toddler I can tell you.
Old May 24th 2009, 6:30 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

At about 3 or 4, we were living in Germany and deciding to strip off complete and run around outside our block of flats seemed a good idea.

I might try it later.
Old May 24th 2009, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

I hope 18 month olds can't remember things!! I 'lost' Mitten in IBN Battuta, absolute nightmare situation for any Mother to be in. I tried to keep calm but inside I was falling to bits. You need ten pairs of eyes when you have a toddler I can tell you.
Whata nightmare!

Well my memory doesn't go back that far! So hopefully not.
Old May 24th 2009, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
At about 3 or 4, we were living in Germany and deciding to strip off complete and run around outside our block of flats seemed a good idea.

I might try it later.
Thats funny!

My friend took her little boy to a play gym, she was busy chatting to friends and she turned round and her little boy was running and dancing around with not a stitch on! She was mortified but we thought it was hilarious!
Old May 24th 2009, 7:37 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by littlejimmy

I might try it later.
planning on leaving Qatar earlier than planned
Old May 24th 2009, 8:18 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

i remember meeting Jock Stein as a little boy...
Old May 24th 2009, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

I remember playing in Gladstone park in North West London, with my parents, I must have been about 5 or 6 and my parents had walked a little further away from me and i had got a little left behind, then a guy whistled over to me from some bushes.....for some reason i stayed away from him but he bellowed me into the bushes asking me if i wanted a ciggy, i remember it as clear as anything, i just laughed and ran back to my mum and dad.....

Scary when i think about it now!
Old May 24th 2009, 9:52 am
Concierge

I remember playing in Gladstone park in North West London, with my parents, I must have been about 5 or 6 and my parents had walked a little further away from me and i had got a little left behind, then a guy whistled over to me from some bushes.....for some reason i stayed away from him but he bellowed me into the bushes asking me if i wanted a ciggy, i remember it as clear as anything, i just laughed and ran back to my mum and dad.....

Scary when i think about it now!
really scarey!! I am watching Wire in the Blood at the minute and the episode I am on about a child who has been kidnapped
Old May 24th 2009, 10:06 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Minus 1 minute....it was eerie - I was going down some sort of tube and got stuck for up to about 30 seconds...then I saw the light ! A doctor smacked me and told not to go up there again !

Really though, about 3 and a bit...waving to a man in a lorry. Found out in later years from my mum that the driver was shouting at me to get off the road !
Old May 24th 2009, 10:21 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Aged about 4yo and was playing chase at Dr Barnardos Childrens Home in Plymouth with a girl visitor, who eventually became my adoptive sister. Not the best start though coz the resident doggy thought she was attacking me and bit her.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.