British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What is your earliest childhood memory? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/what-your-earliest-childhood-memory-610899/)

Blue Cat May 24th 2009 4:50 am

What is your earliest childhood memory?

how old were you? how far back does your memory go?

Morecambe Mindy May 24th 2009 4:57 am

Re: What is your earliest childhood memory?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7598970)

I remember being in my cot and crying because my twin could climb out of hers and I couldn't. Think we were in "big" beds by the time we were 18 months/2 years.

Also being walked in a pram by my gran, probably around the same age.

deemi786 May 24th 2009 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7598970)

Last thing i remember was my mother and father dressing me up in a "JR" outfit when i was 3 and taking me to southend on sea! Cowboy hat and all....

I am still traumatised by the whole thing!

Oh the outfit in the avatar was just as bad........

Blue Cat May 24th 2009 5:17 am

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7598983)
Last thing i remember was my mother and father dressing me up in a "JR" outfit when i was 3 and taking me to southend on sea! Cowboy hat and all....

he he he, I can remember taking my Brother to some theme park and he was terrified of Rupert the Bear!! earliest memory I think was when I was about three and we were at a friends place, and I vomitted!

MrsHawkes May 24th 2009 6:07 am

I think my first memory is when i got lost at Blackpool beach.

I think i was about 3 and i lost my family and i seen this guy i thought was my dad (he had the same t-shirt as my dad) and i ran up to him and cuddled him! The guy started laughing and there was a big group of people with him and they were all laughing. I realised it wasn't my dad and i ran away, devastated.

I don't remember anything else about it and no one can say if this did happen.
I'm not even sure if this is a memory or a dream. Do you know what i mean?

My poor mam must have been frantic! She says i went to fill my pail at the water tap just beside them and they turned round and i had gone. Some lady helped me find them in the end but they say i was miles away.

Mrs H

Blue Cat May 24th 2009 6:27 am

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7598983)

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes (Post 7599061)
I think my first memory is when i got lost at Blackpool beach.

I think i was about 3 and i lost my family and i seen this guy i thought was my dad (he had the same t-shirt as my dad) and i ran up to him and cuddled him! The guy started laughing and there was a big group of people with him and they were all laughing. I realised it wasn't my dad and i ran away, devastated.

I don't remember anything else about it and no one can say if this did happen.
I'm not even sure if this is a memory or a dream. Do you know what i mean?

My poor mam must have been frantic! She says i went to fill my pail at the water tap just beside them and they turned round and i had gone. Some lady helped me find them in the end but they say i was miles away.

Mrs H

I hope 18 month olds can't remember things!! I 'lost' Mitten in IBN Battuta, absolute nightmare situation for any Mother to be in. I tried to keep calm but inside I was falling to bits. You need ten pairs of eyes when you have a toddler I can tell you.

littlejimmy May 24th 2009 6:30 am

At about 3 or 4, we were living in Germany and deciding to strip off complete and run around outside our block of flats seemed a good idea.

I might try it later.

MrsHawkes May 24th 2009 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7599086)
I hope 18 month olds can't remember things!! I 'lost' Mitten in IBN Battuta, absolute nightmare situation for any Mother to be in. I tried to keep calm but inside I was falling to bits. You need ten pairs of eyes when you have a toddler I can tell you.

Whata nightmare!

Well my memory doesn't go back that far! So hopefully not.

MrsHawkes May 24th 2009 7:11 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7599093)
At about 3 or 4, we were living in Germany and deciding to strip off complete and run around outside our block of flats seemed a good idea.

I might try it later.

:rofl: Thats funny!

My friend took her little boy to a play gym, she was busy chatting to friends and she turned round and her little boy was running and dancing around with not a stitch on! She was mortified but we thought it was hilarious!

Blue Cat May 24th 2009 7:37 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 7599093)

I might try it later.

planning on leaving Qatar earlier than planned :)

commander May 24th 2009 8:18 am

i remember meeting Jock Stein as a little boy...

deemi786 May 24th 2009 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7599086)

I remember playing in Gladstone park in North West London, with my parents, I must have been about 5 or 6 and my parents had walked a little further away from me and i had got a little left behind, then a guy whistled over to me from some bushes.....for some reason i stayed away from him but he bellowed me into the bushes asking me if i wanted a ciggy, i remember it as clear as anything, i just laughed and ran back to my mum and dad.....

Scary when i think about it now!

Blue Cat May 24th 2009 9:52 am

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7599358)
I remember playing in Gladstone park in North West London, with my parents, I must have been about 5 or 6 and my parents had walked a little further away from me and i had got a little left behind, then a guy whistled over to me from some bushes.....for some reason i stayed away from him but he bellowed me into the bushes asking me if i wanted a ciggy, i remember it as clear as anything, i just laughed and ran back to my mum and dad.....

Scary when i think about it now!

really scarey!! I am watching Wire in the Blood at the minute and the episode I am on about a child who has been kidnapped :(

MacScot May 24th 2009 10:06 am

Minus 1 minute....it was eerie - I was going down some sort of tube and got stuck for up to about 30 seconds...then I saw the light ! A doctor smacked me and told not to go up there again ! ;)

Really though, about 3 and a bit...waving to a man in a lorry. Found out in later years from my mum that the driver was shouting at me to get off the road !

lionheart May 24th 2009 10:21 am

Aged about 4yo and was playing chase at Dr Barnardos Childrens Home in Plymouth with a girl visitor, who eventually became my adoptive sister. Not the best start though coz the resident doggy thought she was attacking me and bit her.:thumbup: