Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What are you having for lunch, wimps?

What are you having for lunch, wimps?

Old Oct 17th 2012, 5:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you having for lunch, wimps?

Originally Posted by Scamp
Oh yeah, **** trying to do supermarket shopping with a cab. Ball ache central.

Park N Shop is alright, I did a weekly shop at the Jumeirah one to see the fuss and it was more expensive than Waitrose.

Spinneys / Waitrose / Choithrams will always get you decent shit for similar prices.

Carrefour / Geant / Lulu's will get you all the other shit you need nice and cheap...I just think the meat at the other three is better.
Lulu is great, lovely, fresh fish/meat, nice veg, lots of organic stuff and a very good, hot food station and salad bar.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 5:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Lulu is great, lovely, fresh fish/meat, nice veg, lots of organic stuff and a very good, hot food station and salad bar.
I've not bought meat from Lulu so I was just assuming.

It's just generally a bit nicer in Spinneys/Waitrose/Choithrams than Carrefour for example.

I want to open a butchers in Jumeirah. I'd be loaded.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Anyone use the Hyper-Panda ?

Just curious.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 6:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by goonerseba
Anyone use the Hyper-Panda ?

Just curious.
I bought a drill in there...I think, the one in Festival City?
Old Oct 17th 2012, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

goonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud ofgoonerseba has much to be proud of

I bought a drill in there...I think, the one in Festival City?
Yep thats the one - its the only one outside of KSA. Bit of a pilot store to guage the UAE & expat shopping culture. Totally different market to KSA, which is no surprise to anyone i'm sure.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 6:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by goonerseba
Yep thats the one - its the only one outside of KSA. Bit of a pilot store to guage the UAE & expat shopping culture. Totally different market to KSA, which is no surprise to anyone i'm sure.
I reckon it's much of a muchness....it struck me as another Carrefour / Lulu / Geant / buy everything your life needs under one roof type store.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Going to eat Sushi with sticks I'm that clever
Old Oct 17th 2012, 6:39 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

I've not bought meat from Lulu so I was just assuming.

It's just generally a bit nicer in Spinneys/Waitrose/Choithrams than Carrefour for example.

I want to open a butchers in Jumeirah. I'd be loaded.
Prime Gourmet steaks are the best I've found in Dubai.

Markets & Platers in Marina / Al Sofouh has the best fish, veg and cheese selection in Dubai - amazing Scottish salmon fillet, pin boned etc for 22dhs per 250gm fillets - simply great.

I thought they'd go bust as the fish selection is so good I thought they'd not be able to keep the freshness - but have learned they supply most of the Sheikhs kitchens and this is a retail off shoot - the quality is great.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 6:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Autonomy

Markets & Platers in Marina / Al Sofouh has the best fish, veg and cheese selection in Dubai - amazing Scottish salmon fillet, pin boned etc for 22dhs per 250gm fillets - simply great.

I thought they'd go bust as the fish selection is so good I thought they'd not be able to keep the freshness - but have learned they supply most of the Sheikhs kitchens and this is a retail off shoot - the quality is great.
Prime Gourmet a butchers?

EDIT; Found them, they deliver too!
Old Oct 17th 2012, 6:46 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy

location, directions, map please
Old Oct 17th 2012, 6:46 am