British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What are you doing this weekend? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/what-you-doing-weekend-872640/)

DXBtoDOH Feb 17th 2016 8:53 am

What are you doing this weekend?

Mixed mood in office today. We won a tender, but some of the staff (in another office) have been let go. But I'm still safe :unsure:

Anyway, your weekend plans? Off to Oman this weekend for camping and trekking around Nizwa. It'll probably get rained out.

iggle Feb 17th 2016 9:14 am

Re: What are you doing this weekend?

Thursday night Irish Teacher, Friday Day Ukrainian Crew Girl, Friday night Belarus Crew Girl. Saturday Rest/Work.

Millhouse Feb 17th 2016 9:14 am

congratulations on the tender.

be nice to those leaving... offer to buy their cars at heavy discounts.

Brains1983 Feb 17th 2016 9:23 am

surprising the wife with a night away in a hotel for our anniversary. anyone want our 2 kids on Friday night?

Millhouse Feb 17th 2016 9:30 am

Originally Posted by iggle (Post 11870055)
Thursday night Irish Teacher, Friday Day Ukrainian Crew Girl, Friday night Belarus Crew Girl. Saturday Rest/Work.

Well that's 3.5 minutes of the weekend accounted for. What are you doing for the rest of it?

iggle Feb 17th 2016 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 11870068)
Well that's 3.5 minutes of the weekend accounted for. What are you doing for the rest of it?

Trying to get it up!!!

This weekend also consists of buying a car as well. That will be interesting. Anyone recommend how to do the insurance? At the center or before hand?

DXBtoDOH Feb 17th 2016 9:53 am

What are you getting?

Why do I have a sneaking feeling it's a FJ Cruiser?

When I last owned a car I arranged for the insurance through the bank. AXA and RSA offer competitive comprehensive insurance.

Originally Posted by iggle (Post 11870071)
Trying to get it up!!!

This weekend also consists of buying a car as well. That will be interesting. Anyone recommend how to do the insurance? At the center or before hand?

Inselaffen Feb 17th 2016 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 11870061)
surprising the wife with a night away in a hotel for our anniversary. anyone want our 2 kids on Friday night?

are they any good at cleaning and ironing?

al dente Feb 17th 2016 9:57 am

Camping. If the weather doesn't deteriorate. Will be better stocker stocked on the booze front than our last camping trip to Oman.

Inselaffen Feb 17th 2016 9:59 am

Originally Posted by iggle (Post 11870071)
Trying to get it up!!!

beforehand. make sure you take a hard copy of the insurance.
the guy at the registration was refusing to register my old car because the buyer hadn't brought a copy. That was until he saw on his computer that the buyer works for the RTA!

Brains1983 Feb 17th 2016 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 11870079)
are they any good at cleaning and ironing?

nope, bloody good at making a mess though!

Inselaffen Feb 17th 2016 10:32 am

Originally Posted by Brains1983 (Post 11870088)
nope, bloody good at making a mess though!

will pass then!

mission Feb 17th 2016 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 11870083)
beforehand. make sure you take a hard copy of the insurance.
the guy at the registration was refusing to register my old car because the buyer hadn't brought a copy. That was until he saw on his computer that the buyer works for the RTA!

when i brought my beemer last Oct, the dealership wanted a 'hard copy original' insurance docs, before they would release the car to me - in other words a hard copy with the original insurance company stamp on it.

mission Feb 17th 2016 12:55 pm

as for this coming weekend.....hoping to go see Deadpool....and probably have a few g&t's chilling in my crib

hnd Feb 17th 2016 12:55 pm

Flying to KL early Friday morning; three nights there then two nights in Penang followed by a further three nights in KL. Going to catch up with friends and to celebrate a birthday - hope it will be an awesome, very extended weekend👍