British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What are you bad at? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/what-you-bad-922496/)

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 27th 2019 6:21 am

What are you bad at?

Everyone likes to blow their own trumpet, but what are you bad at?

Apart from the usual stuff like juggling knives whilst stood on one leg reciting the first 100 characters of pi backwards...I'm really bad at being ill. I was ill at the start of this week and I literally, immediately recess to being a child and can't cope. I hate it, I'm useless and I just whine and suffer and gorge myself on pity. It's tragic but I can't help it.

I'm also, at the moment, bad at golf, which is hugely demoralising, but it'll come.

There are many other things, but the illness one stands out this week for sure.

spouse of scouse Feb 27th 2019 6:30 am

Re: What are you bad at?

Admin work/deadlines/routine stuff. I'm your woman in an emergency, but give me a report to write and I'm invariably scrambling around an hour before it's due. Procrastinators R Me.

Gavtek Feb 27th 2019 7:13 am

Just getting stuff done if no-one is kicking my backside to do it. Example, I put a reminder in Outlook back in September to fill out the form to make NI contributions from overseas. Since then, every single day I've hit the "remind me in 24 hours" button.

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 27th 2019 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Gavtek (Post 12644679)
Just getting stuff done if no-one is kicking my backside to do it. Example, I put a reminder in Outlook back in September to fill out the form to make NI contributions from overseas. Since then, every single day I've hit the "remind me in 24 hours" button.

That's incredible.

September, let's say you did it on the 15th, for sake of argument. That's 165 days ago.
That's 165 mouse clicks. Could you fill out the form in 165 characters? If not, maybe you need to procrastinate until it's the same amount of effort to fill the form out. Then you will have to have done it twice and could tell yourself off to do it.

scot47 Feb 27th 2019 7:57 am

Being nice to English folk. Can't do it !

Pongo Feb 27th 2019 9:54 am

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12644699)
Being nice to English folk. Can't do it !

Knob

Pica Feb 27th 2019 10:53 am

Nothing, I'm perfect ;)

co durham boy Feb 27th 2019 10:59 am

Hangovers - Could bounce up and smash a 14hr shift at work a few years ago . I'm lucky if I can make a slice of toast unaided nowadays .

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 27th 2019 11:12 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 12644793)
Hangovers - Could bounce up and smash a 14hr shift at work a few years ago . I'm lucky if I can make a slice of toast unaided nowadays .

Preach.

Irishbeekeeper Feb 27th 2019 12:18 pm

Waking up in the mornings. I HATE early wakeups and go out of my way to avoid that, even down to the fact that if I have to travel, I would make sure all my flights are afternoons or evening flights. I have my own office and most of my work starts late mornings and goes on to late night anyway so thats a plus point!

by the way, I dont get hangovers....maybe its because I always sleep till late I guess :D

Pongo Feb 27th 2019 3:41 pm

Saying things out loud that I would have just ‘thought’ when younger.

nonthaburi Feb 27th 2019 5:00 pm

Going to bed early

drinking in moderation

Millhouse Feb 27th 2019 5:35 pm

Empathy. I just don't give a toss.

Oh, and drinking.

BEVS Feb 28th 2019 3:41 am

Darts.

I used to be quite good.
Now I'm so bad I and everyone around me needs protective armour.

I'm not much cop at ten pin bowling either. Odds are my bowls end up in next door's lane. In fact that has happened :o

scrubbedexpat141 Feb 28th 2019 5:54 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12645263)
Darts.

I used to be quite good.
Now I'm so bad I and everyone around me needs protective armour.

I'm not much cop at ten pin bowling either. Odds are my bowls end up in next door's lane. In fact that has happened :o

Ooh. I love darts and, for the type of person who plays once a year, I'm not awful. It just really hurts my arm the next day.