what would you do...

Old Mar 7th 2010, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what would you do...

Originally Posted by MataHari
thanks for your opinions...

it happened a few weeks ago, and I thought it would sort of fizzle out, but today the headmaster emailed me, worded in a way that suggests that they think we are responsible and asking if we could contact the boys father...
I told them how I felt about it and said feel free to forward my response to the dad...

As per the Ministry Rulings, mobile phone may only be carried during specified break times, other times they should be secured in a locker.

Apart from that, who on earth carries their phone when they are playing sport !!! he should not have had it on him at the time tough !!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 7th 2010, 6:56 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

ok...this is what happened...
my son was playing hockey during break time at school...a friend of his did a bit of a 'golf style' movement and hit my son on his arm, so my son lashed out a bit with his stick (is that what it's called?) and hit his friend on his leg...but, this boy had his phone in his trouser pocket and it got damaged...
now, if it had been the other way round, and my sons phone got damaged, I would have told him a) he's not allowed to bring his phone into school and if he did he should have kept it in his locker and b) I would have said let it be a lesson, how stupid are you to play hockey with your phone on you...I would have not replaced his phone, he would have to save up for it.
Unfortunately the parents of this other boy are of the opinion that my son (or we, as his parents) should pay for a new phone...
Now there is no way in the whole world that I would ever ask for that if it had been my sons phone, so I informed the school that I am not willing to pay. It was an accident, a bit of rough teenage boys stuff, it all wasn't done on purpose and that's the end of it as far as I am concerned. Had my son done it on purpose it would have been another matter.

just wondering what other people think....
Dear MH, while reading your original post I was so shocked I sprayed my coffee all over my laptop. I feel that, as you wrote the original post, you are responsible. please buy me a new top of the line laptop with a printer and, erm...... a new mobile phone cause mine was connected to the laptop and it might not work some time in the future because of the shock cause they were really close and got on well together.

please???
Old Mar 7th 2010, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

SandyPitts is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you even know that it was your kid that damaged the phone in the first place?
Maybe the phone was broken already and this little toerag is using this as an excuse to get a new phone!
Tell them to go jump!
Old Mar 7th 2010, 3:41 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Dear MH, while reading your original post I was so shocked I sprayed my coffee all over my laptop. I feel that, as you wrote the original post, you are responsible. please buy me a new top of the line laptop with a printer and, erm...... a new mobile phone cause mine was connected to the laptop and it might not work some time in the future because of the shock cause they were really close and got on well together.

please???
drinking and typing at the same time...I am impressed
other than that...something with the words rope and piss...
Old Mar 7th 2010, 3:45 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arcadia
I was just thinking of what I would have said to my 16 yr old if it was HIS phone that was broken.

''Well, It's your own bloody fault, you shouldn't have had your phone with you, you know the school rules''!

(Then I would have probably got him a new one the next time I got paid).

It was an ACCIDENT these things happen, theres no way I would be involving the school.

How does your son feel about it? Does he feel bad, or feel he is to blame? Will it cause problems for him in School?
it happened a few weeks ago, everybody has moved on (apart from the boy and his parents, and the headmaster, lol)...he's not worried about it and it's not caused him any problems...he does feel that the dad looks at him in a really mean way, but that might just be his imagination, I told him to ignore it.
Have not heard back anything after sending my email.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 3:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

it sounds like the other boy hit your son by accident and your son took a petulant swing at the other boy.

If thats the case then buy the replacement phone an deduct it from your son's pocket money for however long that takes. He needs to learn a lesson because if he did that on a hockey field during a match he would be red carded and facing a lenghty ban!
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
it sounds like the other boy hit your son by accident and your son took a petulant swing at the other boy.

If thats the case then buy the replacement phone an deduct it from your son's pocket money for however long that takes. He needs to learn a lesson because if he did that on a hockey field during a match he would be red carded and facing a lenghty ban!
School playground - hockey pitch.

And the winner of the "Most Tenuous And Irrelevant Link Award" goes to Inselaffen......
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
School playground - hockey pitch.

And the winner of the "Most Tenuous And Irrelevant Link Award" goes to Inselaffen......
not really considering that they were playing hockey at the time!!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 2:45 pm
hmmmm...nice

well, the father of the boy has just called us to say he's going to the police...and his son is no longer allowed to speak to my son...
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:04 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

well, the father of the boy has just called us to say he's going to the police...and his son is no longer allowed to speak to my son...
is this causing problems between your son and the boy? are they mates?
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:08 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Spugsy
is this causing problems between your son and the boy? are they mates?
they were mates, and apart from after when it first happen, they are talking again, it's not caused much problems...it's more the dad that is cause trouble, he says my son has assaulted his son and that he's all done it on purpose, he's not interested in hearing about the golfswing his son took first or the fact that his son was wearing a phone when it wasn't allowed.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:09 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

How petty can people get? I hope he ends up with a PC who tells him to eff off and grow up.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Get him a pink Barbie phone!!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:23 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
How petty can people get? I hope he ends up with a PC who tells him to eff off and grow up.
me too...but is it worth the risk...not too keen on this getting out of hand, but on the other hand it would kill me having to get a new phone now just to stop this whole situation...I really have no idea what to do.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

samza is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear !!!!!
This is just what you don't want as the police will have got his version first and you will be on the defensive. 3rd world logic will take over and there's no telling where it will end.
I know it's no consolation now but I would have taken my kid to the doctor and got a report of the "damage" the other kid inflicted. You don't have any leverage at this moment.

The other kid has got a damaged phone, your kid could have had a damaged body part. Not ideal but hey you are being attacked !

I know you have the high moral grounds to refuse to buy this kid a phone due to his stupidity and breaking the rules but it's best not let it proceed any further on to full litigation, try mediation and some admission of guilt on both the kids part.

In foreign countries not operating like we do in the UK, cases are decided on many other factors rather than precedence so there is no way of knowing the final outcome. I have seen so much sh*t happen to innocent people because some relative of the complainant knows the judge or bribes a witness etc !

Anyway all the very best, I hope it is resolved amicably for both kids and families.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.