what would you do...

Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:15 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default what would you do...

ok...this is what happened...
my son was playing hockey during break time at school...a friend of his did a bit of a 'golf style' movement and hit my son on his arm, so my son lashed out a bit with his stick (is that what it's called?) and hit his friend on his leg...but, this boy had his phone in his trouser pocket and it got damaged...
now, if it had been the other way round, and my sons phone got damaged, I would have told him a) he's not allowed to bring his phone into school and if he did he should have kept it in his locker and b) I would have said let it be a lesson, how stupid are you to play hockey with your phone on you...I would have not replaced his phone, he would have to save up for it.
Unfortunately the parents of this other boy are of the opinion that my son (or we, as his parents) should pay for a new phone...
Now there is no way in the whole world that I would ever ask for that if it had been my sons phone, so I informed the school that I am not willing to pay. It was an accident, a bit of rough teenage boys stuff, it all wasn't done on purpose and that's the end of it as far as I am concerned. Had my son done it on purpose it would have been another matter.

just wondering what other people think....
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what would you do...

I think you need to tell your son to play a real sport like rugby or football, hockey is for girls.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:26 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Kids have mobile phones nowadays??

I'd refuse to pay, it's his own stupid fault for playing hockey with it in his pocket...does he play football (or any other sport) with it in his pocket? The other kid needs to learn to look after things properly.

I'm certain if I was at school and the same happened, my parents would have no sympathy with me for not taking care of it.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:34 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

No way you are responsible to pay...if they push it claim "medical costs" for your sons arm.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

klaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud ofklaus3974 has much to be proud of

Don't pay.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

just wondering what other people think....[/QUOTE]

What did Larry Flint famously say on TV ..............."Tell 'em to go and p..s up a rope". Not quite sure what that means but sounds like it would express your feelings well!
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:33 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, no way you should pay. It's his own silly fault. A classic case of a bit of banter ending in tears.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Need a new tv?
Get you son to carry your current tv on his back and when someone enevitably smashes the screen with ball or stick...get them to buy a new one.

What a crock of shi.te - some parents they are.
It's the other kids tough luck.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MataHari

..he's not allowed to bring his phone into school..
No responsibility from your boy, if the other kid was doing something he shouldn't have been doing. The school should have told the other parents that.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 1:07 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for your opinions...

it happened a few weeks ago, and I thought it would sort of fizzle out, but today the headmaster emailed me, worded in a way that suggests that they think we are responsible and asking if we could contact the boys father...
I told them how I felt about it and said feel free to forward my response to the dad...
Old Mar 4th 2010, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

The school is partly responsible for failing to supervise their pupils during break time. As for the parents, if they are Emirati, I would definitely pay. If not, I wouldn't pay.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:35 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

it happened a few weeks ago, and I thought it would sort of fizzle out, but today the headmaster emailed me, worded in a way that suggests that they think we are responsible and asking if we could contact the boys father...
I told them how I felt about it and said feel free to forward my response to the dad...
I have taught for 30+ years, 21 in UK, 9 O/seas.

Your story typifies what really drove me away from the UK. Parents who, as children expected everyone else to sort their problems out and now as adults take no responsiblity or blame for any misfortune which happens upon them or their 'beloved' children.

Tell them, and the Head (politely) to go p*ss up a rope (I like that one).

It's not your sons fault.

Which country/school is this?
Old Mar 4th 2010, 5:39 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
The school is partly responsible for failing to supervise their pupils during break time. As for the parents, if they are Emirati, I would definitely pay. If not, I wouldn't pay.
emirati kids/parents......just buy the phone it'll be easier
non emirati kid/parents tell em to **** right off

oh and before i forget if its the later also tell your son to kick seven shades of shite out the little brat, then take his new phone. life aint fair and the brat needs to learn that as to his folks
Old Mar 4th 2010, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

DesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
As for the parents, if they are Emirati, I would definitely pay. If not, I wouldn't pay.

I'm lost here, please fill me in why you would definitely pay if they are Emirati
Old Mar 4th 2010, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

mysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud of

How about a compromise? Buy the lad a new shiny PINK phone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.