British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What would make the world a better place? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/what-would-make-world-better-place-692365/)

kittycat1 Nov 5th 2010 4:18 pm

What would make the world a better place?

Hi all,

Sorry I know this post is a bit soft for this forum and is lacking is sex and drugs and rock and roll, but I am sure even some of you boys have some ideas on this stuff.

Somethings happened to me lately, I appear to have found my inner hippy, thinking about becoming a vegetarian again, trying to recycle more, feeding stray cats, giving stuff away I don't need, supporting charities, helping strangers etc! I've always been more of a make love not war type but recently having more time on my hands here than in the Uk would like to do something about it. I've been doing a few nice deeds for strangers which always gives a feel good feeling. In the Uk I used to do some charity work and am really missing it. SO what is there to do here that can sate my innerhippy? For the first time in years I have spare time and feel I could do something a bit more worthwhile with it. Anyone any ideas?

Also in the grander scheme of things what do you think we could all do to make the world a happier, better place.

A chilled out Kittycat
xxx

Alexa Nov 5th 2010 4:57 pm

Re: What would make the world a better place?

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 8963840)
Hi all,

Sorry I know this post is a bit soft for this forum and is lacking is sex and drugs and rock and roll, but I am sure even some of you boys have some ideas on this stuff.

Somethings happened to me lately, I appear to have found my inner hippy, thinking about becoming a vegetarian again, trying to recycle more, feeding stray cats, giving stuff away I don't need, supporting charities, helping strangers etc! I've always been more of a make love not war type but recently having more time on my hands here than in the Uk would like to do something about it. I've been doing a few nice deeds for strangers which always gives a feel good feeling. In the Uk I used to do some charity work and am really missing it. SO what is there to do here that can sate my innerhippy? For the first time in years I have spare time and feel I could do something a bit more worthwhile with it. Anyone any ideas?

Also in the grander scheme of things what do you think we could all do to make the world a happier, better place.

A chilled out Kittycat
xxx

I think what we all could do is to put ourselves into another person's shoes and maybe understand how they are feeling instead of getting angry with them, looking down on them etc. Sounds easy, but actually isn't...as we live our "routine' daily lives, we often are on auto pilot.
Another thing is to actually smile at people, sounds a bit strange too, but if you try it, you will be surprised how many people actually smile back...and that can make your day a little nicer and theirs too.
You could give money to those you see that don't seem well off, helps them and you.

Just a few ideas.
xoxo

Sandboy Nov 5th 2010 7:06 pm

fart less

hnd Nov 5th 2010 9:36 pm

Do something nice for someone at least once every day. Give the security guard a cold drink and a shawarma for his lunch, or the gardeners a huge bunch of bananas, let some poor taxi driver into the lane in front of you at the traffic lights when he's got some demented idiot in the back who has changed his/her mind about the direction he/she wants to go, smile and say hello to people, etc etc

It can often be the smallest of kind gestures which can make someone's day.

I was going to say, "It's the little things that count," but I had second thoughts ...

CeeBee Nov 6th 2010 7:32 am

I'd sit all the muslims down and all the christians and say "stop it.....now play nicely".

benzonar Nov 6th 2010 4:02 pm

Malthusian based population control.

Meow Nov 7th 2010 4:41 am

An inbuilt ability to queue properly

Millhouse Nov 7th 2010 5:59 am

hole in the wall machines.

ctfc Nov 7th 2010 6:09 am

The Universal Declaration of Human Responsibilities.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights should have been written second, after this one had been agreed - unfortunately if was done the wrong way 'round.

Roadking Nov 7th 2010 6:40 am

Free beer!

commander Nov 7th 2010 6:41 am

worldwide ban on Wrangler jeans and tommy hillfiger apparel.

kittycat1 Nov 7th 2010 1:36 pm

Sandboy- I don't fart I'm a lady!

Norsk-also Nov 7th 2010 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by CeeBee (Post 8965012)
I'd sit all the muslims down and all the christians and say "stop it.....now play nicely".

How about the jews? They are all the children of Abraham. It's like a a giant family..never any peace.