What the world eats

Old Apr 27th 2013, 1:07 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default What the world eats

http://imgur.com/a/mN8Zs

Pictures of families with a weeks worth of groceries from many countries. Most of the developed world seems to eat rather a lot of processed rubbish, whilst the picture from is Chad rather sad.

(Before you howl in protest that you don't eat like that, the images are suposed to be indicative only.)
Old Apr 27th 2013, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What the world eats

Originally Posted by Meow View Post
http://imgur.com/a/mN8Zs

Pictures of families with a weeks worth of groceries from many countries. Most of the developed world seems to eat rather a lot of processed rubbish, whilst the picture from is Chad rather sad.

(Before you howl in protest that you don't eat like that, the images are suposed to be indicative only.)
Interesting. Mexicans appear to guzzle a LOT of Coca-cola, the French appear to eat cats, and, the Kuwait scenario didn't appear to feature any fast food, so is obviously untrue. The poor Chadians appear to involuntarily surviving on the super model diet.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 1:39 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Note the TWO maids in the Kuwait family shot. Perhaps the brief didn't include meals out?

The Germans admit to the highest consumption of alcohol in the home, yet oddly just one bottle of wine for the Brits and none at all for the Italians.

Bahtatboy could take a lesson in hat-wearing from the Ecuadorians.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quite sobering when you look at Chad/Mali.

I do love how OCD the Germans presentation is though.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 2:16 pm
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

The UK one is not representative of my house. Not enough crisps and too much fruit. I read recently somewhere that the UK has the highest per capita consumption of chocolate in the world -- these pics seem to back that up.

I also conclude from this is that people, the world over, still have shitty fish-bowl TVs.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 2:27 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

all that bread on the Italian one!! lush too much crap on the British, American and Canadian tables.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 6:38 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

The pictures aren't new. I can't remember when I first saw them but I may still have been at school. A clue is that a modern artsy pseudo-anthropologist would have featured a multi-ethnic London family with a Jamie Oliver diet rather than a working class 'normal' family. There's something very '90s about the American family as well. Plus the 2013 Kuwaiti family should have more fast food
Old Apr 27th 2013, 8:59 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83 View Post
The pictures aren't new. I can't remember when I first saw them but I may still have been at school. A clue is that a modern artsy pseudo-anthropologist would have featured a multi-ethnic London family with a Jamie Oliver diet rather than a working class 'normal' family. There's something very '90s about the American family as well. Plus the 2013 Kuwaiti family should have more fast food
Gawd,you do talk a lot of balderdash n piffle...rhubarb,rhubarb.
I like you,even though you bashed me verbally yonks ago.
I am interested in your future posts as (god willing) a Dad feeding your issue.
Theory&Practice....?
Old Apr 28th 2013, 6:13 am
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Ethos83 View Post

Did anyone say they were new?

I just thought they were interesting.