Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What is it that women want ?

What is it that women want ?

Old Jul 19th 2013, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is it that women want ?

Tock- only our gay friends sweetie- straight men shouldn't really know that kind of shit
Old Jul 19th 2013, 7:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
A man who can gather curtains
Old Jul 19th 2013, 1:05 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix
That'll be three then - a want and a need are different...
who made you the Pope?
Old Jul 19th 2013, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

I'm fascinated that everyone seems to have assumed the implied thread title is actually 'What is it that women want from a man?'

Is anyone here prepared to argue that the very last thing she wants is a man?
Old Jul 19th 2013, 7:38 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
A man who can gather curtains
Hellz bellz no!

Even I struggle with that, those little things that get put in to make the pleats the same size, I always end up having to take them out a few times before they have the same sized pleats evenly on each curtain.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 4:11 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Supercell
I know exactly what they want.

They want a handsome man who has a lot of money, a nice home, automobile and many wealthy friends.
Only if you're stuck in a sexist 60's timewarp.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

If it is a birthday gift (I have this problem right now), then I have found that the absolute minimum you can get away with is a Troll Bead and a card. Petrol station flowers are a bit of a no no, and should be reserved for emergencies.

Try and give this stuff to her in the morning and not the evening otherwise it looks like you bought it on the day (which in my case is often true, sadly)

If you mean for long term happiness, then probably a man who can use a drill and unblock the drains at 1am while listening to her rabbit on about the neighbours' kids.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 4:31 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
If it is a birthday gift (I have this problem right now), then I have found that the absolute minimum you can get away with is a Troll Bead and a card. Petrol station flowers are a bit of a no no, and should be reserved for emergencies.

Try and give this stuff to her in the morning and not the evening otherwise it looks like you bought it on the day (which in my case is often true, sadly)

If you mean for long term happiness, then probably a man who can use a drill and unblock the drains at 1am while listening to her rabbit on about the neighbours' kids.
For birthday gifts it needs to be thoughtful that's what we want, someone that's actually thought hey I know she'd love that.

Generally cost is unimportant but if there's enough thought went into the gift were usually very happy, unless it's a gift that you wanted for yourself!

Your right fuel station flowers are a no no as there's no thought went into it and that's why we get shitty about them.

How about you cook a really nice slap up meal for her if she usually does the cooking, with a nice bottle of wine or champers. You could even go all out and light some candles and turn the tv off.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 4:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Kelli28
How about you cook a really nice slap up meal for her if she usually does the cooking, with a nice bottle of wine or champers. You could even go all out and light some candles and turn the tv off.
I/we do this regularly....makes it hard when you need to pull a special dinner at home out the bag
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I can honestly say no man has ever bought me anything I have wanted/needed or kept. Apart from the odd bunch of flowers (to say sorry) I have truly been shafted with gifts. No expensive jewelry, no being whisked away, I was once bought an atlas as apparently my geography needed a bit of work.

In my experience men are utterly shit at buying gifts, they don't enjoy doing it, they don't think about what they are buying, they just spend money for the sake of it, they just panic and buy utter crap.

My policy is now expect nothing and you won't be disappointed. Better still stay single and don't be disappointed!
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I can honestly say no man has ever bought me anything I have wanted/needed or kept. Apart from the odd bunch of flowers (to say sorry) I have truly been shafted with gifts. No expensive jewelry, no being whisked away, I was once bought an atlas as apparently my geography needed a bit of work.

In my experience men are utterly shit at buying gifts, they don't enjoy doing it, they don't think about what they are buying, they just spend money for the sake of it, they just panic and buy utter crap.

My policy is now expect nothing and you won't be disappointed. Better still stay single and don't be disappointed!
I'm going to buy you something now.

I feel utterly let down by my fellow man-folk of this world.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sweet of you Scamp but I'm not sure you can make up for a lifetime of disappointment. Well it'd have to be one hell of a gift! Actually it wouldn't- just something well thought through and personal. No atlas. But anyway the thought is what counts (yeah right).
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:19 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you need a girlfriend? Men dont change.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beaver- nah I like men too much
Old Jul 21st 2013, 11:23 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Beaver- nah I like men too much
meaning no beaver

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.