Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What will you be eating for Christmas?

What will you be eating for Christmas?

Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:36 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What will you be eating for Christmas?

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Maybe they like the sunshine...?
Nah--we just feel at home in the Third World.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:48 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I take it you're fond of sugar?

From 6am onwards, I will be working my way through a tin of celebrations and a bottle of Baileys.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Really? I can get through about 6 celebrations (although my wife usually tries to wrestle the tin from me after the 3rd), but chocolate AND Baileys? Maybe its yesterday's Christmas party booze revisiting (we started at 1, finished at 1--food at the Intercon was barely passable), but that combination makes me feel distinctly queasy.
Actually, I joke. I don't normally drink on Christmas day - but the celebrations is true... I can demolish one of those tins in the day. I try and save the Heros until boxing day.

This year, I will be up at 5am so that I'm awake and ready for an over excited mini. If he gets up first then he'll just annoy me and I don't want that. I'm also pretty certain I'll be in bed by 9pm...
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
From the North?

Why is it people from the North seem to vastly outnumber people from the South in Dubai?
Because it reminds us of Benidorm......
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
I take it you're fond of sugar?
Not really, but it's Christmas?
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:59 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

A whole tin of celebrations? Christmas or not it indicates serious sugar cravings.

But better than certain types of cravings.

What are you getting for Mini Millhouse for Christmas this year? I'm fairly unoriginal when it comes to gifts. Males get books, females get something from Jo Malone. That way I get all the shopping done in two stores.

Not really, but it's Christmas?
Old Dec 13th 2010, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oktoberon
As above but some Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque
now you're talking...it is, as you know, my fave...

MM, xx
Old Dec 13th 2010, 11:03 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
Best price in UK is 72 quid a bottle--can you buy it here?
Old Dec 13th 2010, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Best price in UK is 72 quid a bottle--can you buy it here?
yeah i've seen it in a&e but was silly money...there used to be a place in soho that would give you a really good price for it, something around the £50 mark (maybe that's just cos i bought loads of it from them, lol...)...

MM, xx
Old Dec 13th 2010, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

I'm not in Dubai and I'm not from the North (strictly speaking). And wherever I was from, part of the attraction of Yorkshire tea, made in Yorkshire, is the water: Londoner's seem to have The Thames coming out of their taps, in Suffolk if you use water straight from the tap for a cuppa, you have to scrape the shite off the top of the tea before you drink it, but in Yorkshire its fresh, clean, crisp and sparkling straight from the tap.
Not wanting to cause a war...... The only good thing that has come from Yorkshire apart fron the train to London is Tetleys Mild Gosh my golly I do miss the Regent (Leeds) of a Friday night
Old Dec 13th 2010, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

oktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to beholdoktoberon is a splendid one to behold

MM, xx
I believe Tesco's sell it 65 quid a bottle.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

yeah i've seen it in a&e but was silly money...there used to be a place in soho that would give you a really good price for it, something around the £50 mark (maybe that's just cos i bought loads of it from them, lol...)...

MM, xx
Nikki is due here in Feb will get her to pack a few bottles
Old Dec 13th 2010, 12:28 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

The OH's minge.

Map 'O' Tassie boys, keep up!
Old Dec 13th 2010, 12:29 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
The OH's minge.

Map 'O' Tassie boys, keep up!
That's REALLY awful And you a fellow contestant.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 12:32 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
That's REALLY awful And you a fellow contestant.
Late night sabotage, my speciality, ain't you got people to welcome?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.