Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What statement would you like to hear from a world leader?

What statement would you like to hear from a world leader?

Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:21 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What statement would you like to hear from a world leader?

Originally Posted by Paracletus
Thats irrelevant. I merely replied to your post which quite clearly states 'no substance'. That is all. I had no intentions of commenting on anything else.
No, you didn't. Your response was on another post.

Are you guys capable of following a simple thread with very few logical arguments? Ok I can understand logical arguments are troublesome for the other side, as they aren't producing any (tip: personal animosity, preferences and rants don't count). But at least those parachuting in should take some time to analyse what was said and who said it and at least make an effort to quote the right post when responding. Otherwise, all you're saying makes very little sense.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:28 am
Banned

Desert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to beholdDesert Dubliner is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
And your posts are deluded and bordering on paranoid.
That's all right and you're entitled to say whatever is on your mind. The trouble is that you aren't able to substantiate your opinion and without that your claims remain what they are – irrelevant, unsubstantiated opinions of an anonymous. You see, I caught you quoting only part of the referenced exchange when you tried to make the guy running MRC look like a right-wing nut - you manipulated the quote to intentionally omit the provocation of Chris Matthews which lead to his qualification of Obama. I doubt you have any understanding as to what fallacy you committed and why it was wrong so I will leave it at that and conclude my exchange with you.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:37 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dubliner
That's all right and you're entitled to say whatever is on your mind. The trouble is that you aren't able to substantiate your opinion and without that your claims remain what they are – irrelevant, unsubstantiated opinions of an anonymous. You see, I caught you quoting only part of the referenced exchange when you tried to make the guy running MRC look like a right-wing nut - you manipulated the quote to intentionally omit the provocation of Chris Matthews which lead to his qualification of Obama. I doubt you have any understanding as to what fallacy you committed and why it was wrong so I will leave it at that and conclude my exchange with you.
Yes, I'm an anonymous on the internet, like yourself, and yes, I am guilty of selective quoting to suit my bias, which I wholeheartedly acknowledge and admit to. The point here is that I did nothing that Fox News, a channel broadcast to millions of people, doesn't do every single day, and what they do is wrong on a massive scale. They call their coverage "fair and balanced", which is just not true. For some reason, you appear unable to acknowledge the reality about Fox. Good day to you.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

No, you didn't. Your response was on another post.

Are you guys capable of following a simple thread with very few logical arguments? Ok I can understand logical arguments are troublesome for the other side, as they aren't producing any (tip: personal animosity, preferences and rants don't count). But at least those parachuting in should take some time to analyse what was said and who said it and at least make an effort to quote the right post when responding. Otherwise, all you're saying makes very little sense.
oops..Pardon me. I see where my error was. I do not retract my statement however. On the previous page, your 2nd comment I responded to, you allude to a denial of the liberal/left wing media being more powerful than the conservative/right wing media based on being provided with hogwash. I merely interjected that as much as the evidence base being hogwash, it is still true and an observable fact. That is all, I promise this time. Not so hard to follow now is it? Or do I need to be even further patronising whilst responding next time?
Old Oct 20th 2012, 10:07 am
Banned

Yes, I'm an anonymous on the internet, like yourself, and yes, I am guilty of selective quoting to suit my bias, which I wholeheartedly acknowledge and admit to. The point here is that I did nothing that Fox News, a channel broadcast to millions of people, doesn't do every single day, and what they do is wrong on a massive scale. They call their coverage "fair and balanced", which is just not true. For some reason, you appear unable to acknowledge the reality about Fox. Good day to you.
All along I have been pointing out two realities. One is that there is a liberal bias in majority of the US media. It is looking like we no longer have an issue with this statement and it is well documented in the PEW research quoted. The other reality is that Fox provides balance to the liberal bias of the rest of media portfolio. Now, you can read this ignoring the bolded bit (which most of you seem to be doing) or taking the bolded bit into account.

I am a fair guy and when I see playground bullies I like when a balance can be provided. Fox is the bully that provides this balance (which logically does not infer that Fox is balanced).

Most of you seem to have a big problem with this simple logic.

Now, your solution to fix the issue is to deprive Fox of news media license and shut it up. This is a biased solution stemming from the popular perception created by the liberal media. The fair solution is to fix the rest of the media to remove the bias. Now, this is impossible in my view and until this (somehow) becomes possible it is only fair that there is an alternative like Fox.

Glory be to god, you have a remote and can change the channel whenever you like. This is what a lot of US and worldwide viewers have been doing so Fox numbers have been growing on the account of CNN and MSNBC numbers.

Luckily for the Americans the Europeans aren't able to regulate the media market in the US regardless of the number of green palms and Nobel Prizes awarded for Michael Moore's 'documentaries' and a liberal president.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 10:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Paracletus
oops..Pardon me. I see where my error was. I do not retract my statement however. On the previous page, your 2nd comment I responded to, you allude to a denial of the liberal/left wing media being more powerful than the conservative/right wing media based on being provided with hogwash. I merely interjected that as much as the evidence base being hogwash, it is still true and an observable fact. That is all, I promise this time. Not so hard to follow now is it? Or do I need to be even further patronising whilst responding next time?
That you should agree with me on the liberal media bias and then imply I am ill-informed (presumably because I never switch Fox off) came as a bit of a surprise. That you quoted the wrong entry in the process, confused matters even more. Glad you clarified that bit so let's stay on the ball the next time to avoid any need for patronising responses.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 10:15 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

There are far too many big words in this thread, I'm lost.

Still think that Fox is too left wing for my liking though.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kix

If I knew the thread was going to take a tumlutous turn from the OP, I woulda added the "eating popcorn" emoticon , cause I soo loove to use certain emoticons
Old Oct 20th 2012, 10:24 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Kix

In some ways they follow a populist agenda. For exmple O'Reilly is not an economic conservative, prefers protectionism etc.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 10:28 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

In some ways they follow a populist agenda. For exmple O'Reilly is not an economic conservative, prefers protectionism etc.
Left you have NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, NY T, Wash Post, LA Times, PBS etc... On the right you have FOX.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 10:44 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

You mean his first name isn't Paddy? Next thing you'll say is he's not Oirish.

You see, Fox, all liars!
Old Oct 20th 2012, 10:50 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

All along I have been pointing out two realities. One is that there is a liberal bias in majority of the US media. It is looking like we no longer have an issue with this statement and it is well documented in the PEW research quoted. The other reality is that Fox provides balance to the liberal bias of the rest of media portfolio. Now, you can read this ignoring the bolded bit (which most of you seem to be doing) or taking the bolded bit into account.

I am a fair guy and when I see playground bullies I like when a balance can be provided. Fox is the bully that provides this balance (which logically does not infer that Fox is balanced).

Most of you seem to have a big problem with this simple logic.

Now, your solution to fix the issue is to deprive Fox of news media license and shut it up. This is a biased solution stemming from the popular perception created by the liberal media. The fair solution is to fix the rest of the media to remove the bias. Now, this is impossible in my view and until this (somehow) becomes possible it is only fair that there is an alternative like Fox.

Glory be to god, you have a remote and can change the channel whenever you like. This is what a lot of US and worldwide viewers have been doing so Fox numbers have been growing on the account of CNN and MSNBC numbers.

Luckily for the Americans the Europeans aren't able to regulate the media market in the US regardless of the number of green palms and Nobel Prizes awarded for Michael Moore's 'documentaries' and a liberal president.
I've not said anywhere I want to shut Fox down. It provides too much material for the brilliant Daily Show.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 10:51 am
Banned

Exactly like this.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 10:55 am
Banned

I've not said anywhere I want to shut Fox down. It provides too much material for the brilliant Daily Show.
MSNBC is the worst piece of rubbish on the air.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 11:02 am
Excess Baggage

MSNBC is the worst piece of rubbish on the air.
By your argument, they would seem to be the yin to Fox's yan. In all honesty, I haven't seen much of MSNBC.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/31/us...twin.html?_r=0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.