Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What puts you in a good mood

What puts you in a good mood

Old Oct 21st 2011, 9:07 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What puts you in a good mood

Better looking than you already
Old Oct 21st 2011, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

more hair aswell
Old Oct 21st 2011, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

awww good job Brains!

now think of that feeling he gives you that makes you smile every time he wakes you up in the middle of the night
Old Oct 21st 2011, 9:46 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

The weather is putting me in a good mood. Just spent a great evening with friends outside ... the first for months.

Other than that? Most recently, coming back to Dubai from Muscat through Dubai immigration post at Hatta. There are now 'fast track, drive through' facilities for GCC nationals. Being expats we had to, as usual, drive through to the right and park in front of the portacabins. Expected to have to wait at least 15 - 20 minutes (which is the usual) but we were through in about three minutes. Drove on to the place where you have to hand in your receipt from immigration and the car at the front of the line by the 'fast track' kiosk was still there and the queue behind was at least five cars longer.

Let me think again ... oh yes, recently filled in our user card at MMI AL Hamra Wine Cellar in RAK. Bonus choice was either a bottle of Krug, a bottle of Dom Perignon or a bottle of some fancy whisky. OK, it's not something for nothing but it's nice to have your custom appreciated, isn't it? And that bottle of Krug is going to down a treat with some friends who are visiting soon.
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 3:34 am
Banned

charismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant futurecharismatick has a brilliant future

Marijuana and good coffee in the morning..
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brains1983
My 3.7Kg healthy son being born at 13:50 today has certainly helped put me in a good mood!
Congratulations on your new born, hope it was a C section at that size or you'll never touch the sides again.

Not that you'll be finding that out for a long time yet. Forget that ready to play in 6 weeks malarkey. Try 6 months
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 5:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My 3.7Kg healthy son being born at 13:50 today has certainly helped put me in a good mood!
Congratulations. I hope mum and baby are doing well.
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

and as for what puts me in a jolly chipper mood:

buying a carton of smokes for 70 aed

Throwing the bed covers off in the morning and not being cold

Filling the Rangie up for next to nothing at the petrol station.

Knowing the maid will have my cup of tea ready as I come down the stairs in the morning

Managing to pee in the loo without swamping the seat even though my beer belly has obscured site of my tackle for many years now.

Knowing that in 6 months time; I can leave the ME and buy a decent house in Spain outright with no mortgage

I am generally a happy chappy every single day
Old Oct 23rd 2011, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle
I'm with alexa. Beach. Mussandam and the Ile De Re will forever be my happy beach places.

I film waves on the shore. And listen to them when I'm stressed.

Watching a sunset on a salty, windy French beach with my son just a few days after he'd been taken off warfarin and signed off scans for a year remains one of happiest memories of my life. I have a bit of that on film too.
Out of interest, how did you get to Mussandam? Boat or plane? Is it easier than it looks...?
Old Oct 24th 2011, 4:25 am
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all

I saw one of those skateboarding kids at park n' shop ride into a rubbish bin yesterday. That put a spring in my step.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Morecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to beholdMorecambe Mindy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mr Moleskins
I saw one of those skateboarding kids at park n' shop ride into a rubbish bin yesterday. That put a spring in my step.
I know it shouldn't, but that made me smile

Thanks
Old Oct 24th 2011, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Moleskins
Way back in the 90s when I used to skateboard in Abu Dhabi, my friend's board got run over by a car which nearly decapitated it. We brought it home and I cut up some wood and screwed it to the underside of the board.Finally put my B&D jigsaw I bought in London to use. On a side note, B&D tools quality has gone to shit!
Old Oct 24th 2011, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I worked out what put me in a good mood- being in London- came back full of the joys of spring- its worn off now and everything sucks!
Old Oct 24th 2011, 12:03 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

1 Being away from the UAE for a break
2 Being in Japan
3 Being able to use the Internet for what it was invented for
Old Oct 24th 2011, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Watching my beloved Sky Blues demolish Fergie's Rags 6-1 at The Swamp yesterday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.