British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What Nicknames Do You Give Your Car? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/what-nicknames-do-you-give-your-car-595536/)

Bison Mar 5th 2009 6:35 am

What Nicknames Do You Give Your Car?

Ok, so I have always given my cars nicknames... I know lots of people do, and some refer to their car as male or female to, so what cars have you had and what names did you give them?

Here are few of mine:

Volvo 850 T5-R (Male) 'Viking'
Lancer GL Rental (Male) 'Ron Burgundy' or just 'Ron'
Sierra Sapphire Cosworth 4x4 (Male) 'Saffa'
Lexus LS400 (Male) 'Fat Jap'
Corsa 1.2 (Female) 'Betsy'
Nissan 200sx S14a Turbo (Female) 'Silvia'
Nova SR (Female) 'Shep'
Rover 620 GSi Turbo (Male) 'Big Dog'
Audi S2 Turbo (Male) 'Herflic'
Range Rover Vogue (Male) 'Rangey'

Bison

MataHari Mar 5th 2009 6:41 am

Re: What Nicknames Do You Give Your Car?

I just call it my car...apart from when it needs to go in for service or repairs...then I call it our car...

TGFKASE Mar 5th 2009 6:44 am

Originally Posted by Bison (Post 7347093)
Ok, so I have always given my cars nicknames... I know lots of people do, and some refer to their car as male or female to, so what cars have you had and what names did you give them?

Here are few of mine:

Volvo 850 T5-R (Male) 'Viking'
Lancer GL Rental (Male) 'Ron Burgundy' or just 'Ron'
Sierra Sapphire Cosworth 4x4 (Male) 'Saffa'
Lexus LS400 (Male) 'Fat Jap'
Corsa 1.2 (Female) 'Betsy'
Nissan 200sx S14a Turbo (Female) 'Silvia'
Nova SR (Female) 'Shep'
Rover 620 GSi Turbo (Male) 'Big Dog'
Audi S2 Turbo (Male) 'Herflic'
Range Rover Vogue (Male) 'Rangey'

Bison

My Imola Yellow S4 Avant, sitting in the driveway back in the UK, was christened the Big Banana Skin......

B Bear Mar 5th 2009 6:48 am

I have the name of a good relationship concellor who will be able to help in this distressing time for you :rofl:

B Bear Mar 5th 2009 6:50 am

I think the time has come to 'out' you and 'Betsy'!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2000899/Man-admits-'having-sex'-with-1,000-cars.html

shiva Mar 5th 2009 6:51 am

Nissan Patrol MQ 1982 "The Beast" :its the most uncomfortable, noisy, fumey, bastard to steer car I've ever driven but it is an unstoppable beast, ie went to and came back from last years desert challenge (1000 odd km) at 110kph with about 1ton of equipment onboard on 3 out of 6 cyclinders a true monster of a car
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1430/phase321.jpg

Disco "The ****ing Bitch" if you've ever owned a discovery you'll know why

B Bear Mar 5th 2009 7:07 am

....so true - only one name for a Disco - %$@*&^. Has anyone ever owned a second one do you think?

Millsyisland Mar 5th 2009 7:39 am

My first car was a white mini-van - christened her 'Geraldine'.

Never quite worked out why.

nottmbantam Mar 5th 2009 7:45 am

FFS.

How gay is that? Giving your car a nickname? Man up, you set of ponces.

A car is a car, and it doesn't have a 'gender' either, its not a 'she', its piece of metal. The number of times I've heard men drivers go on about 'ooh she drives beautifully...'. Its a f.cuking car. It is an 'it' ,not a 'she' and neither does it need a nickname.

/ rant.

Grace O Malley Mar 5th 2009 8:53 am

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 7347256)
FFS.

A car is a car, and it doesn't have a 'gender' either, its not a 'she', its piece of metal. The number of times I've heard men drivers go on about 'ooh she drives beautifully...'. Its a f.cuking car. It is an 'it' ,not a 'she' and neither does it need a nickname.

/ rant.

Feel better pet?

Hello.Kitty Mar 5th 2009 9:09 am

all our cars are referred to as Dobbin... apart from our new one in the UK, which is just our car. Our hire cars are definitely Dobbins.

Original Dobbin was a C-reg Maestro... ahh, what a beast.

nottmbantam Mar 5th 2009 9:13 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 7347411)
Feel better pet?

:):)

Yes,much better now I've got it off my chest. So nice of you to care....

xx

Inselaffen Mar 5th 2009 9:13 am

Originally Posted by nottmbantam (Post 7347256)
FFS.

/ rant.

cars, ships and planes have gender. all expensive and high maintainance
doesnt mean giving a car a name is normal though!

Bison Mar 5th 2009 9:25 am

FFS.

You have obviously never had a special bond with a car then, I have had some cars that were my real pride and joy, I put lots of time and money into them and had lots of pleasure driving them, the Volvo for example, used to get some fantastic comments from people who just couldn't believe how clean he was, and how fast he was for a 4dr family car, like the Posrche Carerra Driver who couldn't keep up with me on the M5 and followed me into the services just to tell me how amazed he was that he'd just been rinsed by a Volvo, happy days...:)

Original Dobbin was a C-reg Maestro... ahh, what a beast.
I forgot about my Maestro(s) - Had an old Y reg Maestro Vanden Plas (Used to talk to me to, and had digital clocks) then I had an MG Maestro 2.0EFi both I referred to as bags of complete shit.

MacScot Mar 5th 2009 9:27 am

Didn't have a name for first car - a red Anglia with the registration PMS666, but my mates called it "the devil's car" or the "red bitch". It was a hand-me-down from my Dad who bought the car for GBP1,000 less because of the registration (many people just wouldn't buy it) ! :D