What motivates you?

Old Jun 22nd 2011, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What motivates you?

Janxy - well yes but I have a feeling id chop my ears off or something- maybe a bit dangerous for me lol- I could whirl pillows instead...
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 8:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Having thought about it, I can picture a machete whizzing straight through a window, or the TV or parts of myself. With hindsight, perhaps not such a good idea....
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 8:36 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

The Nazi's and Islamic extremists motive me...am surprised you even asked

OK not really. I am mostly motivated by my family, my son and my deserve to drink a lot of alcohol.

N.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:37 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: What motivates you?

Originally Posted by kittycat1
So what do you respond to and how do you motivate yourself to acheive the things you want? and I dont just mean sports wise-just in general?
Interest really, I like knowledge for its own sake (Hence the WikiInteresting thread) and thinking also. Also I’ve got a bit of a problem in that I don’t seem to aspire to the things normal people feel they should aspire to, people seem to think “If I just work a few more hours a week/go to the gym daily/meet the right man and have a family/buy a bigger house on an island/etc, I’d be happy” but that is rarely the case. More often they would perceive that thing would change their social status or make them feel more secure, I can understand the appeal of that but it shouldn’t be mislabeled as anything else.

Happiness and contentment are stumbled upon by accident rather than manufactured and almost always encountered unexpectedly. Routine we cling to so desperately robs us of those moments, the safety of knowing what to expect leaves us unfulfilled and dispassionate. Why do you do the gym exercise thing kitty? There are lots of things you could do to get a bit of exercise that you would probably find much more enjoyable.

One of my favorite “things” is trying stuff I think I’d be hopeless at, not to master the skills or hone them tirelessly and monotonously to perfection, but simply to enjoy the thrill and stimulation derived from something new. Just have no expectation of meeting your full potential and if/when it’s not your cup of tea any more move on to something else. This week you might be learning to ride a motorcycle, the week after shooting clay pigeons, then you might buy some complex self-assembly thing that will take you months or you may just never complete at all, then you might take a few sailing lessons, back to motorcyling, then scuba diving and then maybe kick boxing.

There isn’t any point in looking for reasons to be motivated, it’s a fleeting type thing and no sooner have you found it and it’s gone again.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:40 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: What motivates you?

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
OK not really. I am mostly motivated by my family, my son and my deserve to drink a lot of alcohol.
The latter a result of the former two?
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

I agree,Charismatic, with most of your points, particularly the bit about finding out about things for sheer curiousities sake.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 9:59 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Because I write many technical reports...it has to be deadlines!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:06 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Money.

Fear of getting fat.

In other words, why I work 55 hour weeks, eat only broccoli and train at 5:30 every morning.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

kittycat, I am like you. If he would have done that with me, it would have been his last session with me, simple.

I think the only thing that really does it, is to REALLY, really want it. nothing and nobody can make you do it.

On second thought, maybe if it was a trainer you really liked and trusted, you would maybe do it just because the person is so nice...I think that would work for me, I would feel somewhat obligated.

Have to say though, so far that has not happened...hence no working out for me. I have no discipline and willpower when it comes to working out...I just hate it!

Oh, and on third thought...find one you can develop a crush on...that will surely make you work!
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:43 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely bugger all at the moment.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

paca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nicepaca is just really nice

have you got any sports you like? I find trying to learn something new is all the motovation I need.

I suggest trying windsurfing, then try again and again.... its damn hard to even balance on the board never mind haul the sail up!!!! If you stuck with it I reckon within a few weeks you will either be dead on ontrack to being fit
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Elmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud ofElmer Fudd has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Alexa;9449201]kittycat, I am like you. If he would have done that with me, it would have been his last session with me, simple.

I am motivated by working with people I can trust & respect. Sounds as if you have explained to your PT what motivates you, but he wants to use his own methods. If you are paying good money for such a personal service, he should take into account what helps, not hinders.

I agree with Alexa, find another PT, explain first what motives (and de-motivates you) and see if the PT is ok with this.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you do the gym exercise thing kitty? There are lots of things you could do to get a bit of exercise that you would probably find much more enjoyable.
There are several reasons to be honest.

My family history is shockingly bad, if I don't look after myself I would be in a high risk category for numerous illnesses- all of which my mother and father have and I have no inclination to follow in their footsteps.

I am overweight and I am not happy with my body, again for several reasons, I don't like being as unfit as I was, getting sweaty at the slightest bit of exercise and I do genuinely feel better for it. Squeezing into aeroplane seats, crying in a changing room because I cant fit in any clothes. They are all aspects of my life that I want to leave behind. I work in the fashion industry as a designer and stylist and for me not to look good in what I wear is actually a bad representation of myself- people will judge me for how I look because of what I do and I know I've not been looking my best, and also not to be able to fit into fashionable clothing is really upsetting for me(shallow I know), also, part of my job as a stylist is looking for faults in gorgeous models, if I can rip the most beautiful people to pieces jsut imagine when i look at myself naked in the mirror, if I don't like looking at myself why would anyone else want to and yes I might be super critcial of myself but I also have a realistic expectation of how I want to look, I know I'm never going to be some waif and I don't want to be, but to lose a few stone will make me look my best, which I can work with, however I know I am currently not there by quite a fair whack.

I hate the gym, I hate working out, due to my family circumstances I grew up doing no exercise as a kid apart from at school and have spent my entire life being unhappy with myself because of my weight. I know to be healthy I need to incoorperate it into my life and have a balanced lifestyle so a love hate relationship has developed. Once I get to my goal weight I can relax a bit but still need to keep an exercise routine in my life or Ill end right back where I am now. Im hoping at some point I can enjoy it and refuse to give up again and accept that im fat for life. I want to change myself, be able to look in the mirror and not feel the self loathing that I currently do and know that I have done everything i need to to stay as healthy as possible in later life. I accept that I may not enjoy the journey 100% but its a necessity to get there and i know it will be worth it for my self esteem and my health. For the first time in my life being here I have had the time and the opportunity to actually look after myself and put myself first so that is exactly what Im doing. Taking control of my exercise and eating habits is a really tough thing for me to do as I have so many issues surrounding it all, but if I don't do it now I'm letting myself down and i really dont want to die young or have a stroke or be diabetic etc etc so whilst Im still young enough to change all of that I am.

So Charismatic that is why I do the gym exercise thing.
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:56 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
There are several reasons to be honest.

My family history is shockingly bad, if I don't look after myself I would be in a high risk category for numerous illnesses- all of which my mother and father have and I have no inclination to follow in their footsteps.

I am overweight and I am not happy with my body, again for several reasons, I don't like being as unfit as I was, getting sweaty at the slightest bit of exercise and I do genuinely feel better for it. Squeezing into aeroplane seats, crying in a changing room because I cant fit in any clothes. They are all aspects of my life that I want to leave behind. I work in the fashion industry as a designer and stylist and for me not to look good in what I wear is actually a bad representation of myself- people will judge me for how I look because of what I do and I know I've not been looking my best, and also not to be able to fit into fashionable clothing is really upsetting for me(shallow I know), also, part of my job as a stylist is looking for faults in gorgeous models, if I can rip the most beautiful people to pieces jsut imagine when i look at myself naked in the mirror, if I don't like looking at myself why would anyone else want to and yes I might be super critcial of myself but I also have a realistic expectation of how I want to look, I know I'm never going to be some waif and I don't want to be, but to lose a few stone will make me look my best, which I can work with, however I know I am currently not there by quite a fair whack.

I hate the gym, I hate working out, due to my family circumstances I grew up doing no exercise as a kid apart from at school and have spent my entire life being unhappy with myself because of my weight. I know to be healthy I need to incoorperate it into my life and have a balanced lifestyle so a love hate relationship has developed. Once I get to my goal weight I can relax a bit but still need to keep an exercise routine in my life or Ill end right back where I am now. Im hoping at some point I can enjoy it and refuse to give up again and accept that im fat for life. I want to change myself, be able to look in the mirror and not feel the self loathing that I currently do and know that I have done everything i need to to stay as healthy as possible in later life. I accept that I may not enjoy the journey 100% but its a necessity to get there and i know it will be worth it for my self esteem and my health. For the first time in my life being here I have had the time and the opportunity to actually look after myself and put myself first so that is exactly what Im doing. Taking control of my exercise and eating habits is a really tough thing for me to do as I have so many issues surrounding it all, but if I don't do it now I'm letting myself down and i really dont want to die young or have a stroke or be diabetic etc etc so whilst Im still young enough to change all of that I am.

So Charismatic that is why I do the gym exercise thing.
Great post, Kittycat. Keep at it
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 10:58 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Absolutely bugger all at the moment.
Chinese hooters in Shanghai?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.