Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

what if parties were not mixed

what if parties were not mixed

Old May 17th 2008, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

dramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to alldramaqueen is a name known to all
Default Re: what if parties were not mixed

Originally Posted by Beard Man
you know something..

i would really like to meet you one day, i sence from your words how polite you are .. and a man like you is worth spending time with .. because i know you will not understand me in a wrong way and talking with you will be very contstructive

now let me answer your questions but first.. lets not take me as an example..because i don't want any one (at the moment) to know weather i am married or not (for a reason)

but i will talk in general ..

law is there.. men break law all the time . i gave an example earlier .. like over speeding .. i like it people like it .. the law is not allowing it .. but yet we still do it from time to time.

so knowing the law is something ..applying it is another thing.

the same go with religious stuff

a none religious man (muslim but not applying islamic principles)

will grap any chance (most likely) to sleep with another woman and they are doing it all the time (believe me .. i have married friends who say that to me)

are they risking their marrige life .. yes they are..

but .what i feel is that men are men regardless of religion or origin ... and so many men are cheating their partners with other women ... in the east or the west..

am i a religious person ... i don't think so .. i don't apply islamic principles all the time...

do i flart with ladies or chat with them .. maybe .. is it wrong ... if i did yes it is .. am i enjoying it .. maybe
flart? is that flirting and farting at the same time?
boy you sound like a catch!
Old May 17th 2008, 12:49 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

you know something..

i would really like to meet you one day, i sence from your words how polite you are .. and a man like you is worth spending time with .. because i know you will not understand me in a wrong way and talking with you will be very contstructive

now let me answer your questions but first.. lets not take me as an example..because i don't want any one (at the moment) to know weather i am married or not (for a reason)

but i will talk in general ..

law is there.. men break law all the time . i gave an example earlier .. like over speeding .. i like it people like it .. the law is not allowing it .. but yet we still do it from time to time.

so knowing the law is something ..applying it is another thing.

the same go with religious stuff

a none religious man (muslim but not applying islamic principles)

will grap any chance (most likely) to sleep with another woman and they are doing it all the time (believe me .. i have married friends who say that to me)

are they risking their marrige life .. yes they are..

but .what i feel is that men are men regardless of religion or origin ... and so many men are cheating their partners with other women ... in the east or the west..

am i a religious person ... i don't think so .. i don't apply islamic principles all the time...

do i flart with ladies or chat with them .. maybe .. is it wrong ... if i did yes it is .. am i enjoying it .. maybe
you are way off the mark here!! I would guess it is the minority who mess around on their wives

and just for the record I know one practising muslim man who is messing around, so you can't say that practicing muslims don't mess about, they do
Old May 17th 2008, 12:50 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dramaqueen
I don't use this smilie often, but
Old May 17th 2008, 12:52 pm
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Actually it wasn't. I suggest you try reading my second paragraph, you will see that it is relevant to your initial question.

You just demonstrate that you only want to hear views that match your own.

-

and i suggest that you read what i posted again and if once was not enough then read it again before you post a reply back..
Old May 17th 2008, 12:54 pm
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissDemeanor
quoted....
but lets be honest over here. a woman is more into the emotional part of any relationship ... and man is more into the physical part of any relationship ..so if in a mixed party a man meets a woman with bigger breast and better look it will surely starts something inside him like *waaaw* and he will like i would love to hold those huge things...

Can you please fill me in,as my education obviously isnt up to scratch...When you posted this I replied (post 21) to what you had said...to be told that it has no relevance to the thread.If you dont want views on things you say dont write them.
In my opinion...if im allowed to have one,you seem to be uninterested in anything women have to say.Plus,this whole thread is a joke.I think we can all safely say that the men attend "mixed parties" quite frequently...just without their partners/wives.

you quoted something that is not from the original post... but i don't mind to answer your questions

but i have a small request from you

can you read my original post again ..and when ever there is a question try to answer it???

if you read it again you will find so many questions in my original post .. tell me how many of them did you answer in all your post in this thread ??
Old May 17th 2008, 12:57 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by CeeBee
I'm very sorry but for a saturday this is far too in depth for me - I've got other things to think about at the moment. I try and switch off from all sense and rationale at weekends.

i can't blame you .. i need to get out of the house soon as well

a friend is waiting me and i am stuck in here ....

maybe i should go out now and come back later on .. otherwise i will never leave this place lol

have a wonderfull day.
Old May 17th 2008, 12:58 pm
Banned

i am very sorry excuse my english

but believe me once your starts talking in Arabic a none educated indian will appear like a Doctor next to a student in KG1
and probably a kid who can't hold a piss :P
Old May 17th 2008, 12:59 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, so now beardy weirdy wants compulsory answering of questions?

The point is that people aren't interested in answering your questions. If they were, they would have done so. Can't you tell that people here don't share your odd views? Most of the men are able to control themselves and the women don't wish to be treated as second class citizens.

You are joke. And not a particularly funny one at that.
Old May 17th 2008, 1:01 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
you are way off the mark here!! I would guess it is the minority who mess around on their wives

and just for the record I know one practising muslim man who is messing around, so you can't say that practicing muslims don't mess about, they do

i guess you didn't get it .. or maybe i faild to pass the correct picture.

a good muslim is someone practicing islam principles which order him not to mess around behind his wife.
once he mess around behind his wife .. he is no longer a good muslim ...
but yet he is not a very bad one (like those who kill others)
Old May 17th 2008, 1:06 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

i guess you didn't get it .. or maybe i faild to pass the correct picture.

a good muslim is someone practicing islam principles which order him not to mess around behind his wife.
once he mess around behind his wife .. he is no longer a good muslim ...
but yet he is not a very bad one (like those who kill others)

great I shall let him know that you think he is a not a good muslim anymore, but neither is he a bad one as he doesn't go round killing people, just shagging other women. I am sure he will be pretty impressed
Old May 17th 2008, 1:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Meow
Blimey, so now beardy weirdy wants compulsory answering of questions?

The point is that people aren't interested in answering your questions. If they were, they would have done so. Can't you tell that people here don't share your odd views? Most of the men are able to control themselves and the women don't wish to be treated as second class citizens.

You are joke. And not a particularly funny one at that.

why do you look so angry ?? if you don't care about my views or if you don't care about this thread why are you in it ??? and why do you want to show me how angry you are????

don't you think i would be happy seeing you angry ??

i will not say i am ... because honestly it hurts me alot when people misunderstand me... i didn't come with any bad intention but to talk make some friends.. but i see that most of people here talk with alot of hate between the lines !!

what have i done ...... where is the freedom of speech that you all talk about???

and give me one reason for anyone to insult my religion ?? and where were you when they did that ?? did you move a finger on your keyboard to ask them to be polite ????

please .. it is not a war !! and i told you before .. if i am a headach to you then simply don't read what i post...

if people started ignoring me all what i will do is walk a way from this thread..

but as long there are some good people who are talking in a civilized manner and who are polite i will stay.
Old May 17th 2008, 1:08 pm

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread almost mirrors a conversation I had with a young Saudi engineer while at a rigsite outside Riyadh a couple of years ago....

This young man was from a small village south of Jeddah, recently graduated from a Saudi university and on his first day with his first employer...

Like Beard Man, within hours of having the chance to speak to, he admitted, the first westerners he had ever met, he was asking about drinking and mixed parties.

He proceeded to tell me and a colleague of mine, also Scottish, that he firmly believed this 'cocktail' of alcohol and mixing the sexes led to mass orgies and debauchery that would make a sailor blush... I have to admit I never got invited to these parties, I have obviously led a VERY sheltered life....

During the rest of the conversation, which then spread out to cover western life in general, the amount of inaccuracies in his view of Western life was startling and, often times, completely ridiculous.

And, as with Beard Man it would appear, no amount of persuasion would deflect his view. He simply refused to listen to an alterior argument, merely seeking to reconfirm his own view of us 'corrupt westerners'...

The question I have is this...

Where do these views come from? Television, Imams, family? All 3?

We have a saying in the UK, 'Never the twain shall we meet'..

And while both sides, Arab and Western, have such inaccurate views of each other, then we shall never agree. Every expat on this site who has or does live in the ME are not only here to make money..

Believe me, there are far nicer places I can work and make more..

The reason I am here is because I want to learn. I have made many Gulf Arab friends, both in the UAE and KSA, and am aware that the western view, as you call it, is skewed against the typical Arab. But, I have to say, it is people like yourself, Beard Man, who, either intentionally or unintentionally, reconfirm some peoples view of a 'typical Arab'....

Whether by accident or on purpose, you have managed to rub the vast majority of people up on this board with your pedanticness and patronising way of speaking to people. This may well be due to your admitted poor English skills. That being the case, may I suggest you take a break and brush up on your English grammar before posting again? That way, you may well be better placed to start a constructive conversation with the people on this board.
Old May 17th 2008, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Worldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of lightWorldismine is a glorious beacon of light

How many languages can YOU speak? Or better still, how many languages are you learning to speak?
Old May 17th 2008, 1:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
great I shall let him know that you think he is a not a good muslim anymore, but neither is he a bad one as he doesn't go round killing people, just shagging other women. I am sure he will be pretty impressed

i don't think there is anything funny about it

at school

students are falling in between varios markes

A ..

B ..

C ..

D ..

and F .. students.

there are people who vary in everything .. even when it comes to the law you have back home..

there are people who are criminals and fall under F... and most likely will join the jail .

and there are people who are good, who never break the law and nice to everyone around ...who are productive educated and never harm others ...even by words

for you

i don't think you fit in F.... not even A or B

for your friend.. somewhere in between A and F

what is so funny about this !!?

have fun lady
Old May 17th 2008, 1:13 pm
Banned

i must leave home now ..i have other things to do

i have this feeling that some ladies will remember me from time to time for a long time

and when ever they do ... they will just get frustrated and angry LOL

i will smiling

see all the good people and wish you a wonderfull day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.