Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What have you done for your children…

What have you done for your children…

Old Dec 13th 2013, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What have you done for your children…

Originally Posted by Myusernamewastaken
What if a 22 year old daughter becomes romantically interested in her 37 year old and what most girls think is a handsome stepdad? The question is still if two persons being biologically related in isolation hinder the possibility for a romantic interest to form between them.
Are you considering adoption as a form of dating?
Old Dec 13th 2013, 3:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

This all feels like Woody Allen's situation........... had a relationship (though not a marriage) with Mia Farrow, after her divorce from Andre Previn....... upset by the split, Allen starts shagging Farrow/Previn's adopted daughter.......

"You don't want to shag me anymore?? Right - I'll show you....... I'll start shagging your adopted daughter........."
Old Dec 13th 2013, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Civilised cultures view incest as taboo, with good reason: birth defects.

Woody Allen ran off with his stepdaughter. She was 19 to his 56 and the adopted daughter of his liveout girlfrend Mia Farrow, with whom he had a son. It did not go down well with his ex (that is understandable) but also his other children who felt he violated his position.

This situation, IMO, is seem as grooming by a sexual predator, though others may subscibe to a different view?
Old Dec 13th 2013, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Dean, x posted. Interesting that we both thought of the same example.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice

Are you considering adoption as a form of dating?
That's probably a little more pricey than paying for a date's dinner at a restaurant.. better to have someone else to raise her.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Judging by the whole Hills Have Eyes nightmare that's just been exposed over in NSW, we can now integrate incestual celebrations and botox/silicon chemistry sets into one big fat, "nononononononNO!"
Old Dec 13th 2013, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Reading the article again......... they are adopted daughters........... good grief - he is one sick bugger..........
It does sound weird yet they are both adults.
Boob jobs costs a few thousand dollars, so if they can't afford it then why not use dad.
Then there is the fact that since he is their dad, he will do they best job he can while a random plastic surgeon may not be as attentive.
Maybee he is quite skilled at boob jobs so the girls were scared of going with an unknown surgeon.

All that said if I was a plastic surgeon I sure as heck wouldn't work on my daughter (adopted or not).
Old Dec 13th 2013, 1:07 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
"Brittani" and "Charm"???

Explains a lot..........
No. It doesn't.

Those are most likely the birth names that the birth mother gave the girls.

Adoptive parents can NOT change the birth names.

So whilst the parents might have wanted to call the girls Phillippa and Katherine, they are stuck with the birth names that the 14yr old birth mother (mental age) gave them.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 4:27 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
No. It doesn't.

Those are most likely the birth names that the birth mother gave the girls.

Adoptive parents can NOT change the birth names.

So whilst the parents might have wanted to call the girls Phillippa and Katherine, they are stuck with the birth names that the 14yr old birth mother (mental age) gave them.
That may be so in the US (but I doubt it very much), but its certainly not so in the UK. And I speak with the utmost authority. And you're being extremely judgemental about their natural mothers--you have no idea about their circumstances.
Old Dec 13th 2013, 5:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
And you're being extremely judgemental about their natural mothers--you have no idea about their circumstances.
spot on
Old Dec 13th 2013, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Myusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really niceMyusernamewastaken is just really nice

Saying that the father is ****** his step daughters is definately not judgemental though.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 2:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Myusernamewastaken
Saying that the father is ****** his step daughters is definately not judgemental though.
..... so tell us more about the 37-year-old and the 22-year-old you were discussing earlier........
Old Dec 14th 2013, 4:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I know it sounds weird when it's read but I don't think its that odd really, you are all assuming he's a dirty old man, as a plastic surgeon he would be a professional and doing a boob job is no different to a nose job- when you're laid out on the slab he is there to do his job not perv over the woman in front of him- the fact they are his daughters would surely mean he would do everything in his power to do the best job he could. He is their dad (adopted or not) and loves them and would have their best interests at heart. Why wouldn't you? Well apart from the fact I don't think he is the best surgeon on the world judging by his wife and daughters.

Woody Allen was the exception not the norm ( I hope)
Old Dec 14th 2013, 5:32 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

you're being extremely judgemental about their natural mothers--you have no idea about their circumstances.
Yes, I am being judgemental. At the same time, you have absolutely no idea about my background, where I lived in the UK, where I grew up, what my experiences are, and how I made that value judgement.
Old Dec 14th 2013, 5:37 am
womble

That may be so in the US (but I doubt it very much), but its certainly not so in the UK. And I speak with the utmost authority.
BS

http://www.leics.gov.uk/changing_a_childs_name_doc..pdf

I know of at least two sets of adoptive parents in the UK who were not allowed to change their children's first names.

More examples via google:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...hardonnay.html
http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...opted-children

Last edited by OriginalSunshine; Dec 14th 2013 at 5:45 am. Reason: adding more examples via google to call BS on the "utmost authority"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.