British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What happened to "adultery" thread? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/what-happened-adultery-thread-580868/)

Myname Dec 30th 2008 8:59 am

What happened to "adultery" thread?

What happened to the "Adultery in UAE" thread? Who did delete it and why? Any way to read what was written before it was deleted?

TGFKASE Dec 30th 2008 9:03 am

Re: What happened to "adultery" thread?

Originally Posted by Myname (Post 7110102)
What happened to the "Adultery in UAE" thread? Who did delete it and why? Any way to read what was written before it was deleted?

BE's own POV and POV department have struck once again......

MacScot Dec 30th 2008 9:03 am

...I think some posts were too close to the actual case and may have invited outside scrutiny.

MataHari Dec 30th 2008 9:04 am

no...it's gone...show is over

Blue Cat Dec 30th 2008 9:04 am

Originally Posted by MacScot (Post 7110111)
...I think some posts were too close to the actual case and may have invited outside scrutiny.

politely put :thumbup:

Confucius Dec 30th 2008 9:05 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7110110)
BE's own POV and POV department have struck once again......

What's POV???

Confucius Dec 30th 2008 9:06 am

There is no adultery in the UAE...
Don't read too much into things...

TGFKASE Dec 30th 2008 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7110119)
What's POV???

POV and POV... Promotion Of Virtue and Prevention Of Vice..... Muttawwa!!!

TGFKASE Dec 30th 2008 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7110122)

Well said... Move along, nothing to see here.... Move along now......

Beard Man Dec 30th 2008 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7110122)

lol

Confucius Dec 30th 2008 9:11 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7110126)
POV and POV... Promotion Of Virtue and Prevention Of Vice..... Muttawwa!!!

Ahhh I see...

TGFKASE Dec 30th 2008 9:12 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7110141)
Ahhh I see...

Said the blind man.....

Myname Dec 30th 2008 9:20 am

If anyone could PM me with a resume of what was written after my replies to the "Adultery in UAE" thread it will be well appreciated, as I think that the case is quite interesting from a legal point of view.

I am already used to buy alcohol from licensed shops so I guess that will not be a chock to me if I go to the UAE. The thing to "put a blanket" over some information that is "uncomfortable" will probably be abit unusual for me in the beginning but it seems like western expats are adjusting quite well to this habit. I guess that the tax free salary will make up for it.

TGFKASE Dec 30th 2008 9:21 am

Originally Posted by Myname (Post 7110175)
If anyone could PM me with a resume of what was written after my replies to the "Adultery in UAE" thread it will be well appreciated, as I think that the case is quite interesting from a legal point of view.

I am already used to buy alcohol from licensed shops so I guess that will not be a chock to me if I go to the UAE. The thing to "put a blanket" over some information that is "uncomfortable" will probably be abit unusual for me in the beginning but it seems like western expats are adjusting quite well to this habit. I guess that the tax free salary will make up for it.

Unfortunately, the cost of accommodation more than makes up for the benefit of tax free income.....

Blue Cat Dec 30th 2008 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Myname (Post 7110175)

why are you so interested? this sounds a bit fishy to me?