Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What films are on at the flicks

What films are on at the flicks

Old Dec 27th 2010, 5:32 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What films are on at the flicks

Originally Posted by Spugsy
is that your review is it? 'good'?
sorry - I was having a bad day yesterday!

My recollections of the original are hazy, even though we watched it so often as kids that the tape ran thin, but you don't need to have seen it to enjoy the Legacy - everything is explained. The young guy is pretty hot, the young woman is fit and the old chap is way too cool. They all whoop ass. The music is also great and fits perfectly. The graphics are sound, although given the framework the original set, they are minimalist. The 3D is also quite spectacular, but not as spectacular as I'd have expected, probably because of the nature of the 2D highlighted "world".

Oh, and that slightly annoying elf Haldir makes an appearance. Well, not as an elf, just the actor, but every time I see him, I can't help thinking of the mildly annoying elf. He's getting about a bit nowadays.
Old Dec 27th 2010, 7:48 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
sorry - I was having a bad day yesterday!

My recollections of the original are hazy, even though we watched it so often as kids that the tape ran thin, but you don't need to have seen it to enjoy the Legacy - everything is explained. The young guy is pretty hot, the young woman is fit and the old chap is way too cool. They all whoop ass. The music is also great and fits perfectly. The graphics are sound, although given the framework the original set, they are minimalist. The 3D is also quite spectacular, but not as spectacular as I'd have expected, probably because of the nature of the 2D highlighted "world".

Oh, and that slightly annoying elf Haldir makes an appearance. Well, not as an elf, just the actor, but every time I see him, I can't help thinking of the mildly annoying elf. He's getting about a bit nowadays.
thats better! I'm going to see it for sure now..
Old Dec 28th 2010, 3:56 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I've still not seen the latest Harry Potter so I may give that a look this week.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 4:08 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I'm glad to say you're wrong on this... it zips along at a great pace, the writing, direction and acting is top rate.

If you want to put bets on the Oscars this year - this has a chance at Best Picture, Director and Screenplay (possibly acting nods, but I think Colin Firth will get Best Actor)
agreed

its also worth watching just to get an idea of how the worlds newest and one of its largest "countries" was formed
Old Dec 28th 2010, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly older, but currently showing on all aircraft, is 'Salt', a surprisingly excellent spy jobby with Angelina Jolie.

I got the first twist, but completely missed the second one............
Old Dec 29th 2010, 4:10 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Dean
Slightly older, but currently showing on all aircraft, is 'Salt', a surprisingly excellent spy jobby with Angelina Jolie.....
Its out on DVD now so I may give it a butchers. Much better to watch a movie with a glass of wine in hand...so how did the movie date go, Kittykat?
Old Dec 29th 2010, 4:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

We went to see Faster (with THE ROCK) his choice- but it was a pretty good film and the Rock is great eye candy! The cinema was full of men in dishdashes which really was quite bizarre- I think I was the only woman in there and the guy next to me kept making mmm noises whenever a flash of womans skin came up (not my date can I point out) And thank you for asking we had a good evening- although I can honestly say never has a man been so hard to read! To be fair I think he has more baggage than Heathrow airport so we're just taking it slowly- makes quite a nice change actually!
Old Dec 29th 2010, 4:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
We went to see Faster (with THE ROCK) his choice- but it was a pretty good film and the Rock is great eye candy! The cinema was full of men in dishdashes which really was quite bizarre- I think I was the only woman in there and the guy next to me kept making mmm noises whenever a flash of womans skin came up (not my date can I point out) And thank you for asking we had a good evening- although I can honestly say never has a man been so hard to read! To be fair I think he has more baggage than Heathrow airport so we're just taking it slowly- makes quite a nice change actually!
You mean you usually shag on a first date?
Old Dec 29th 2010, 4:50 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Yeah we went to see that, was ok eh?

So did he get 'tops' then?
Old Dec 29th 2010, 4:50 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by The Dean
Slightly older, but currently showing on all aircraft, is 'Salt', a surprisingly excellent spy jobby with Angelina Jolie.

I got the first twist, but completely missed the second one............
I thought it was truly dreadful.
Old Dec 29th 2010, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Spugsy
I thought it was truly dreadful.
Really? I must have seen things that weren't there....... if you follow me.......
Old Dec 29th 2010, 4:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Dean- well yes- but without sounding like a complete hussy generally I dont date- bootycalls work for me to be fair - far less hassle/risk than dating.

Spugsy- tops?