Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What is it with BE (and Dubai) and Cats

What is it with BE (and Dubai) and Cats

Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is it with BE (and Dubai) and Cats

We're dog people, husband hates cats - but even we rescued a stray kitten and she's been with us six months.

Here she is.
Attached Thumbnails What is it with BE (and Dubai) and Cats-starburst.jpg  
Old Apr 16th 2009, 3:37 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

we are in a quandry. my wife and i always keep our cars spotless, and lately we have noticed that our nieghbours cat is always climbing over the roof and it has scratched the roof and bonet of both our vehicles..

Me?, im seriously for making the cat disappear for good, no worries

My wife does not subscribe to this tactic and wants a more humane way to geal with this.

The neighbours are arabs who dont give a toss for any material items so they wont give a toss.

Should i break out the .22 rifle and kill the little ****er..

i think so..
Old Apr 16th 2009, 3:40 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

even if they did care, there is no way you can keep a cat from doing that, apart from keeping it locked up...
Old Apr 16th 2009, 3:44 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
even if they did care, there is no way you can keep a cat from doing that, apart from keeping it locked up...
or shot, poisoned, thrown in the sea..etc..etc..
Old Apr 16th 2009, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by commander
we are in a quandry. my wife and i always keep our cars spotless, and lately we have noticed that our nieghbours cat is always climbing over the roof and it has scratched the roof and bonet of both our vehicles..

Me?, im seriously for making the cat disappear for good, no worries

My wife does not subscribe to this tactic and wants a more humane way to geal with this.

The neighbours are arabs who dont give a toss for any material items so they wont give a toss.

Should i break out the .22 rifle and kill the little ****er..

i think so..
do it!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Spugsy
There's bloody loads of them around thats why, poor little bastards,

I've got my cat I rescued from teh streets about a year ago, a stray I was feeding and her 5 kittens at the moment....It's costing a bastard fortune in catfood.
Your'e a case in point big man, mate at work has doen the same has about 15 of them clocking in and out for food and other cat necessities!

Glad I live in a tower block we have one scraggy looking fella who hangs out in the car park...
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Throwing a car cover over your car might be the safest solution - the neighbours might just shoot you back.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:06 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
Throwing a car cover over your car might be the safest solution - the neighbours might just shoot you back.
And I wouldn't blame them...

-
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:20 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
And I wouldn't blame them...

-
Commander ask your neighbour to get their cats claws clipped
Old Apr 16th 2009, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Commander ask your neighbour to get their cats claws clipped
Just clip the cat!!