British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What is it with BE (and Dubai) and Cats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/what-dubai-cats-603667/)

Sky Blue Apr 15th 2009 11:19 am

What is it with BE (and Dubai) and Cats

Just been thinking :eek: what is it with all these cats in Dubai, must know of loads of people who have adopted strays and the like here...

Plus peoples names on BE - BC, Meow, Lionheart (tenous!), Tiger757(and again), funny feline, Ms nosey (on avatar), demented kitten, and others...

seraphnina Apr 15th 2009 11:23 am

Re: What is it with BE (and Dubai) and Cats

Some of them where homeless and now they are not.:wub:

still.unsure Apr 15th 2009 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Sky Blue (Post 7482011)
Just been thinking :eek: what is it with all these cats in Dubai, must know of loads of people who have adopted strays and the like here...

Plus peoples names on BE - BC, Meow, Lionheart (tenous!), Tiger757(and again), funny feline, Ms nosey (on avatar), demented kitten, and others...

actually, i saw my first stray dog in the magic kingdom after 3 months... cats bloody everywhere but hardly any dogs...

Sky Blue Apr 15th 2009 11:40 am

Originally Posted by still.unsure (Post 7482035)
actually, i saw my first stray dog in the magic kingdom after 3 months... cats bloody everywhere but hardly any dogs...

Yeah not so many dogs here in Dubai certainly not strays though, which is a relief as they all pack together and act mental like after dark in my experience...

What's your Avatar s.u? Is it a gopher? Looks a bit like that one from the Levi advert a few years back who brought out a techno tune! Cant remember the name tho....

Blue Cat Apr 15th 2009 11:51 am

I first joined as Geordie Armani but was banned so came back as my beloved cat, Blue Cat :)

Roadking Apr 15th 2009 11:51 am

Originally Posted by seraphnina (Post 7482032)
Some of them where homeless and now they are not.:wub:

Now they live on BE.

Oh, sorry, you were talking about the cats!

Sky Blue Apr 15th 2009 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7482089)
I first joined as Geordie Armani but was banned so came back as my beloved cat, Blue Cat :)

Why were you banned?

Sky Blue Apr 15th 2009 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Roadking (Post 7482091)
Now they live on BE.

Oh, sorry, you were talking about the cats!

Why dotn you change your name to Roadkill? Fits into the theme better...

Blue Cat Apr 15th 2009 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Sky Blue (Post 7482108)
Why were you banned?

long story, I can't find a member by the name of Ms Nosey? she used to post on EJ though ;)

BangleMan Apr 15th 2009 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Sky Blue (Post 7482063)
Yeah not so many dogs here in Dubai certainly not strays though, which is a relief as they all pack together and act mental like after dark in my experience...

What's your Avatar s.u? Is it a gopher? Looks a bit like that one from the Levi advert a few years back who brought out a techno tune! Cant remember the name tho....

You should get down to Barasti a bit more on a Thurs / Fri....place is packed with 'em :rofl:

BangleMan Apr 15th 2009 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Sky Blue (Post 7482108)
Why were you banned?

if it wasnt for being a Toon fan, I want to know why not !!

Blue Cat Apr 15th 2009 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7482145)
if it wasnt for being a Toon fan, I want to know why not !!

:p:p:p

still.unsure Apr 15th 2009 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Sky Blue (Post 7482063)

it's flat eric and yes, from that ad. (can't remember the name of the song either, i'll have to dig around for that one.)

Sky Blue Apr 15th 2009 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7482139)
You should get down to Barasti a bit more on a Thurs / Fri....place is packed with 'em :rofl:

Nice one BM!!!! :rofl:

Ms. Nosey Apr 15th 2009 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7482112)
long story, I can't find a member by the name of Ms Nosey? she used to post on EJ though ;)

Joehoe!! I'm here!! sorry bit of topic: Can't have cats in real life so that's why my Avatar is one ;)