what does it for you

Old Aug 11th 2010, 7:23 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what does it for you

Originally Posted by abz_to_dbx
Few pints last night = sausage or bacon with black pudding or haggis pudding, nice white floury bap, lashings of red sauce

V. hungover = the contents of the bag of bakery goods that'll be lying around somewhere (presuming I'm in the UK and have had the good sense to go to the late night bakers) which would hopefully include some or all of butteries, sausage rolls, mince pies, macaroni pies and steak pies. Failing that double whooper and fries from BK, with more ketchup and mayonnaise than they want to give me.

Comfort food = mince and tatties, boiled cabbage, and some mealie, just like granny used to make.

God, I'm hungry!

Macaroni pie? Macaroni in a pie?
Old Aug 11th 2010, 7:29 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh, I forgot about eggy bread, or French Toast if you're posh. I make a huge pile of it, at least 4 slices, with slices of ham between them.

*drool*
Old Aug 11th 2010, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
Ooh, I forgot about eggy bread, or French Toast if you're posh. I make a huge pile of it, at least 4 slices, with slices of ham between them.

*drool*
oh yeah french toast, but its got to be made in the right way. I had it at the weekend actually, but it was crap....
Old Aug 11th 2010, 7:47 am
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know their origin but a macaroni pie (peh) is a fine thing. They have the pastry casing of a scotch peh with macaroni cheese filling. Although they're not that cheesy or runny. You can buy them in supermarkets in Scotland - I think. You certainly get them in my home town of Dundee. My faves are from goodfellow and Steven though.

Ye'll hae trubbil eatin a hale ane, mind.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
oh yeah french toast, but its got to be made in the right way. I had it at the weekend actually, but it was crap....
Eggy bread is best served drizzled with something sweet - honey or maple syrup does it for me ...
Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:08 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: what does it for you

I like a good Steak and Ale pie with some nice mash & peas, gravy and Yorkshire puds. Along side some Dandelion and Burdock or Old Speckled Hen if I’m being very naughty. Impossible pie always reminds me of my mum’s cooking.

Actually lots of food is really good if cooked properly! You just have to get away from the generic commercial rubbish and stop substituting low fat ingredients.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:28 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
M' Benzo has hit on a massive fav. of mine - Chicken Katsu Curry / Tori Katsu Cari (spelleeeng?).... bloody amazing..... (thou not required to eat at Waga's)
Tori Katsu Karē (the ē indicates a doubling of the length of the vowel), tori being chicken (actually generic term for bird, but in this context chicken), katsu being a Japanese "loan word" for cutlet (I don't like the term "loan word": if you're loaned something, you should look after it and return it in pretty much the same condition as when you received it--most loan words in Japan have been mangled beyond recognition and would need considerable rehabilitation before being used again in their original habitat), and Karē being curry.

Tonkatsu is probaby the most popular katsu dish in Japan: really succulent cutlets of pork, delicately deep fried in breadcrumbs, and served with salad, rice and soup. Sounds simple, but oh so good.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:56 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lullabelle
I don't know their origin but a macaroni pie (peh) is a fine thing. They have the pastry casing of a scotch peh with macaroni cheese filling. Although they're not that cheesy or runny. You can buy them in supermarkets in Scotland - I think. You certainly get them in my home town of Dundee. My faves are from goodfellow and Steven though.

Ye'll hae trubbil eatin a hale ane, mind.
Another one of those healthy Scottish treats then?
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:23 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Few pints last night = sausage or bacon with black pudding or haggis pudding, nice white floury bap, lashings of red sauce

V. hungover = the contents of the bag of bakery goods that'll be lying around somewhere (presuming I'm in the UK and have had the good sense to go to the late night bakers) which would hopefully include some or all of butteries, sausage rolls, mince pies, macaroni pies and steak pies. Failing that double whooper and fries from BK, with more ketchup and mayonnaise than they want to give me.

Comfort food = mince and tatties, boiled cabbage, and some mealie, just like granny used to make.

God, I'm hungry!

Im getting all homesick now....

Just as well I'm off to God's country in a couple of weeks..

First stop, Ross the Bakers..!!!!
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:24 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Another one of those healthy Scottish treats then?
Hey!!! Its got pasta innit, innit??!!??
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Macaroni pie? Macaroni in a pie?
I genuinely never knew that the macaroni pie wasn't universal. The basic rule of food in Scotland is if you can deep fry it, or attach pastry to it in some form then do so. Take the lasagna pie or chicken curry pie for example.

It really is about we made another sortie over the border and tried to civilise you southerners.
Attached Thumbnails what does it for you-macaroni_pie.jpg   what does it for you-lasagne-pie.jpg   what does it for you-chickencurry.jpg  
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:52 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I genuinely never knew that the macaroni pie wasn't universal. The basic rule of food in Scotland is if you can deep fry it, or attach pastry to it in some form then do so. Take the lasagna pie or chicken curry pie for example.

It really is about we made another sortie over the border and tried to civilise you southerners.
Must admit that the lasagne pie looks good.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 12:59 pm
Bored liberal

Lasagne in a pie? Madness! A couple of years ago I saw burgers in a pie in the frozen section of Park N Shop. That must have been another Scottish delicacy.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 1:04 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

in the nicest possible way i'd just like to say **** YOU.

i'd willing kill for any of those or a mince tattie and bean
Old Aug 11th 2010, 1:18 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
in the nicest possible way i'd just like to say **** YOU.

i'd willing kill for any of those or a mince tattie and bean
Flemings steak and gravy pie...for me, this will be friday lunch, with cold beans.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.