British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What DOES she see in HIM????? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/what-does-she-see-him-483726/)

The Dean Sep 26th 2007 6:54 pm

What DOES she see in HIM?????

Your nominations please for the couples about whom you would say the above-mentioned phrase.

Unashamedly sexist remarks are of course permissible. In fact they are compulsory.

You may also nominate the reverse (i.e. what does HE see in HER??) but I suspect that's rarer (you see - a sexist remark already!!........)

I'll start..... the gorgeous Gaby Yorath, who became Gaby Logan when she married a Scottish rugby player who is surely Quasimodo's uglier brother..... :confused:

She is also about to become my new avatar.........

Over to you.

Confucius Sep 26th 2007 7:07 pm

Re: What DOES she see in HIM?????

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5357824)
Your nominations please for the couples about whom you would say the above-mentioned phrase.

Unashamedly sexist remarks are of course permissible. In fact they are compulsory.

You may also nominate the reverse (i.e. what does HE see in HER??) but I suspect that's rarer (you see - a sexist remark already!!........)

I'll start..... the gorgeous Gaby Yorath, who became Gaby Logan when she married a Scottish rugby player who is surely Quasimodo's uglier brother..... :confused:

She is also about to become my new avatar.........

Over to you.

Monica Bellucci and Vincent Cassel...

Madam Medusa Sep 26th 2007 7:11 pm

good question, The Dean...i have always wondered what the deliciously gorgeous Andre Aggassi sees in Steffi Graff...

Another one was Sean Bean and Melanie Hill, but he did see the light some years ago i think...

MM, xx

The Dean Sep 26th 2007 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5357875)
Monica Bellucci and Vincent Cassel...

Yea I've heard that..... but I don't know him well.... excuse me while I Google-Image him...........

The Dean Sep 26th 2007 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 5357889)
good question, The Dean...i have always wondered what the deliciously gorgeous Andre Aggassi sees in Steffi Graff...

Another one was Sean Bean and Melanie Hill, but he did see the light some years ago i think...

MM, xx

Was that the Melanie 'ex-Big-Brother-Series-One' Hill? She was LOVELY.......

Steffi Graf looks great from the neck down........ ditto Sarah Jessica Parker.....

Confucius Sep 26th 2007 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5357900)

Steffi Graf looks great from the neck down........ ditto Sarah Jessica Parker.....

Esmeralda and the hunchback of Notre-Dame...

Madam Medusa Sep 26th 2007 7:17 pm

nooo...it was the actress who has been in various things, including Bread...

http://www.sho.com/site/meadowlands/...lanie_hill.jpg

MM, xx

Confucius Sep 26th 2007 7:17 pm

I hate SJP...Hate that voice...

The Dean Sep 26th 2007 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5357892)
Yea I've heard that..... but I don't know him well.... excuse me while I Google-Image him...........

Oh HIM............. Yea I see what you mean....... he's 'rugged' though

Confucius Sep 26th 2007 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5357931)
Oh HIM............. Yea I see what you mean....... he's 'rugged' though

It all has to do with rules of attraction...
Show me a nice guy with a completely gorgeous woman like that...The beauties in our world don't care about nice...They don't also care that much about money...It all has to do with how the man carries himself,his confidence,his charisma...Nice is good,but,nice is boring,and doesnt have an appeal,except if one wants to marry...Whereas attraction,its a whole different game altogether...

The Dean Sep 26th 2007 7:29 pm

1 Attachment(s)
I remember yours.... (Aveline from 'Bread'?)...........

Mine was ALSO Melanie Hill........... from Big Brother One.........

The Dean Sep 26th 2007 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5357942)
Show me a nice guy with a completely gorgeous woman like that...The beauties in our world don't care about nice...They don't also care that much about money...It all has to do with how the man carries himself,his confidence,his charisma...Nice is good,but,nice is boring,and doesnt have an appeal,except if one wants to marry...Whereas attraction,its a whole different game altogether...

So how does that explain Gaby and Kenny........?

Dubai_Chick Sep 26th 2007 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5357942)

Alas some reasoning to this question. Women are attracted to different things than men are. We don't base our attraction solely on looks unlike a lot of men out there.

What would you do The Dean if say you had a beautiful (looking) wife/partner and heaven forbid she got disfugured? Would you love her any less? I am sure the answer would be no.

The Dean Sep 26th 2007 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Dubai_Chick (Post 5357972)
Alas some reasoning to this question. Women are attracted to different things than men are. We don't base our attraction solely on looks unlike a lot of men out there.

What would you do The Dean if say you had a beautiful (looking) wife/partner and heaven forbid she got disfugured? Would you love her any less? I am sure the answer would be no.

Well firstly those comments were Confucius's not mine.......

......... but, yes you're right - I'd love her even more probably.........

Please let's not get too serious on this topic - that wasn't the intention. I think Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf look as 'in love' as any couple I've ever seen.

I would have added Jennifer and Vince but I can't remember if they are still together or not..... plus I'm told that VV has a certain something......

Inselaffen Sep 26th 2007 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 5357955)
So how does that explain Gaby and Kenny........?

well she grew up around Chavvy footballers so someone with manners and a bit of charm probably made a change for her!