British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What do you want for Christmas? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/what-do-you-want-christmas-741601/)

Meow Dec 11th 2011 12:13 pm

What do you want for Christmas?

I don't find buying suitable gifts for other people very difficult, but I am at a loss to think what I'd like that isn't wholly practical in nature (or ridiculously expensive).

Tell the bored what you'd like Father Christmas (not Santa please - that's too American/European) to bring you please.

:starsmile:

Brains1983 Dec 11th 2011 12:26 pm

Re: What do you want for Christmas?

We got ours early with the wee man. I also got myself a camera, so as not to sound too greedy, the 3 weeks on the beach in Santa Catarina with my wife, son and extended inlaw family should be enough to leave me pretty content!

ctfc Dec 11th 2011 1:11 pm

IMHO the best present for us relatively wealthy types who have far too many material possessions already (ie. anyone on this board) is an experience of some type, like the holiday, but no need to be expensive at all.

Something simple with thought is much more of a true gift than some other box of something we don't really need.

If anyone's still looking for me, that date with Scarlett Johansson would do the trick nicely :) http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-n...harity-auction

Patsy Stoned Dec 11th 2011 5:13 pm

1 Attachment(s)
I bought myself some new shoes :D

Bob Dec 11th 2011 5:28 pm

For the aunt/uncle that'll be at the grandmothers not to make it a shit event, or to ruin things for our little one by saying something shit like santa not existing.

For our little 3 year old to still want what she has been asking Santa for, for the last couple of months...a blue super hero cape with a yellow star and a green eye mask. The missus has been making the whole thing over the last few days and we can't wait to see the look on her face when she opens the box from Santa.

Anything else would be gravy but a bit to skint this year to do presents other than for the kids and not all that bothered anyway.

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 12th 2011 2:53 am

I'd love to see the old man for Xmas but that's probably because I know I won't.

I'm hoping to get a nice new work bag and that'll make me happier every day...my one now is shite.

Gus Honeybun Dec 12th 2011 3:17 am

Having just arrived, hoping to settle in ......

Sandboy Dec 12th 2011 3:58 am

ladies, where can I buy Mulberry without having to brave Dubai Mall ?

and will she notice if I just go to Karama :p

co durham boy Dec 12th 2011 4:16 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 9783097)

Burjuman @ Saks Fifth Avenue or Mall Of The Emirates or Boutique 1 on The Walk at the JBR

Sandboy Dec 12th 2011 4:29 am

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 9783113)
Burjuman @ Saks Fifth Avenue or Mall Of The Emirates or Boutique 1 on The Walk at the JBR

puff !

co durham boy Dec 12th 2011 4:38 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 9783121)
puff !

If you have a wife like mine mate , you get to know very very quickly that there's a difference between Primark and Gucci .

It's cheaper keeping a racehorse !

shiva Dec 12th 2011 4:44 am

The patience and willpower not to kill any of the extended family over the festive period will do me

Morecambe Mindy Dec 12th 2011 5:18 am

Some nice jewellery now the kids have got past the throwing it down the toilet stage :D

scrubbedexpat141 Dec 12th 2011 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Sandboy (Post 9783097)

Harvey Nicks at MoE?

Patsy Stoned Dec 12th 2011 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 9783175)
Harvey Nicks at MoE?

you will find mulberry in the new boutique1 in the MOE in their new fashion area.