Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What do you want to achieve?

What do you want to achieve?

Old Jan 7th 2011, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do you want to achieve?

I'm just thinking about what I want to do this year and ultimately that involves thinking about what I want out of life. What I want to achieve and how I go about doing that.

Your average British person lives to be 79 (women 81 - men 76) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ife_expectancy inshallah! Interesting charts btw- be grateful you're not born in Swaziland where the average age is 39.6. Even still 79 is not an awfully long time when the years pass so quickly. Does anyone actually know why women live longer than men?

So what do you hope to achieve in your lifetime?
Old Jan 7th 2011, 5:40 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you want to achieve?

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Does anyone actually know why women live longer than men?
every man i know can answer that question

as to what i want to achieve.

global domination for my totalitarian dictatorship, dont worry i'll only stay in power long enough to eliminate a few world problems then gracefully retire with my ill gotten gains.

seriously though total financial independence and early retirement is my plan
Old Jan 7th 2011, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just thinking about what I want to do this year and ultimately that involves thinking about what I want out of life. What I want to achieve and how I go about doing that.

Your average British person lives to be 79 (women 81 - men 76) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ife_expectancy inshallah! Interesting charts btw- be grateful you're not born in Swaziland where the average age is 39.6. Even still 79 is not an awfully long time when the years pass so quickly. Does anyone actually know why women live longer than men?
Because men die earlier than women, therefore women have peaceful latter years as widows, less stress so they live longer
Old Jan 7th 2011, 10:26 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

see my daughters successful and happy.

ditto Shiva, early retirement financially sorted.

qualify for the IM world champs (not bloody likely) ever but that is a goal
Old Jan 7th 2011, 2:06 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

my MA submission on Monday...

... then wealth, health and happiness, along with my cupcake empire and world domination of an evening.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

CEO of a major international company by the time i'm 40 should do. 13 years to go.....i'd best get cracking.

I also want a Riva 115 Athena super yacht by the time i'm 50.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 5:49 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Women generally have better immune systems, and far more money goes into specific woman's health problems than men's (like breast cancer for example, compare the rates of death to prostate cancer which is a huge killer and very much under reported). Plus women are far more likely to go to a doctor than men when feeling ill.

Another reason is men are more likely to die or be seriously injured by violence or be involved in accidents. Male infant mortality is generally higher around the world as well.

In essence it's a bit crap being male...but this is nature at work and applies to most species - we can survive happily with fewer males than females but won't last long if we have loads of males and a few females. There's a biological reason why men in most cultures are the hunters and warriors...we're expendable.

N.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Women generally have better immune systems, and far more money goes into specific woman's health problems than men's (like breast cancer for example, compare the rates of death to prostate cancer which is a huge killer and very much under reported). Plus women are far more likely to go to a doctor than men when feeling ill.

Another reason is men are more likely to die or be seriously injured by violence or be involved in accidents. Male infant mortality is generally higher around the world as well.

In essence it's a bit crap being male...but this is nature at work and applies to most species - we can survive happily with fewer males than females but won't last long if we have loads of males and a few females. There's a biological reason why men in most cultures are the hunters and warriors...we're expendable.

N.
You could perhaps also add into this that generally men have the higher risk jobs and are more likely to be either subject to more extreme working conditions or higher stress levels.

For instance, lion tamers, elephant handlers, high level window cleaners, professional divers, fighting on the front lines...etc etc.
Old Jan 9th 2011, 8:56 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee
You could perhaps also add into this that generally men have the higher risk jobs and are more likely to be either subject to more extreme working conditions or higher stress levels.

For instance, lion tamers, elephant handlers, high level window cleaners, professional divers, fighting on the front lines...etc etc.
Indeed...we've been on the front line of danger for millenia. If a ship sinks we cry women and children first...there's no equality and I personally feel in my countries today men are getting a bum deal because of something their great, great granddaddy might have done or been.

N.