Reload this Page >

What do you miss from home?

What do you miss from home?

Old Nov 22nd 2010, 1:38 pm
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you miss from home?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I miss Donar Kebabs! knew there was something else that I missed!
doner kebab falling home at 4am. nothing like it
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 1:44 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central
doner kebab falling home at 4am. nothing like it
Am I missing something? What's the difference between a shwarma and a doner kebab? In AD all you've got to do is fall out of the Cellar at 3:30, stumble round to The Automatic for a shwarma, and Abdul's your uncle.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

sticks two fingers up at Lionheart! I miss being able to do that as well!
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 2:09 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
sticks two fingers up at Lionheart! I miss being able to do that as well!
'Cept you're not even safe doing that in UK. Middle-aged female friend got irked with the driver behind who seemed to be acting like an arsehole, he gesticulated to the effect that he wanted her to pull over, she gave him the finger, only to be pursued by him. She stopped after a couple of miles to have a right barney with him, at which point he revealed that he was an off-duty policeman and was arresting her for failing to obey a policeman and for abusive behaviour. It all got defused fairly quickly (how the hell was she to know he was a copper?), but still...

And friend here got chased all over town coz his girlfriend gave someone the finger, ended up at the cop shop. Some full-of-himself Lebanese gentleman (cough) couldn't bear the offense of an oriential lady suggesting where he might like to stick it--I mean, the indignity, I'm such a big man that I couldn't possibly let something like that pass, what would my friends think (even though they never saw it)? Officer, lock this woman up...
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 2:17 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Am I missing something? What's the difference between a shwarma and a doner kebab? In AD all you've got to do is fall out of the Cellar at 3:30, stumble round to The Automatic for a shwarma, and Abdul's your uncle.
you don't know the difference betweena shwarma and a doner kebab?
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 2:20 pm
Hit 16's

Apart from one doner kebab I had 27 years ago in East London when my Mustang threw a conrod (the taste of which I don't recall), all other doner kebabs I've had in UK (which probably total about 4) have been when I've been pissed. Virtually all shwarmas I've had in UAE have been when I've been in a similar condition. And I'd be hard pressed to describe to you the difference between the two. Hic.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Going to watch the Forest on a Saturday afternoon followed by a good band at Rock City, a few pints of Castle Rock and finally a good kebab from Antalia's
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 2:56 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from one doner kebab I had 27 years ago in East London when my Mustang threw a conrod (the taste of which I don't recall), all other doner kebabs I've had in UK (which probably total about 4) have been when I've been pissed. Virtually all shwarmas I've had in UAE have been when I've been in a similar condition. And I'd be hard pressed to describe to you the difference between the two. Hic.
images of doner kebabs which are about 10 times the size of a schwarma and have tons of salad and cabbage in them

http://www.google.ae/images?hl=en&so...=&oq=&gs_rfai=
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from one doner kebab I had 27 years ago in East London when my Mustang threw a conrod

Tut tut....there's a thread on the Muzzie OC forum which quite clearly recommends you don't feed your musclemobile on dodgy doners from Brick Lane
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond reputeMissDemeanor has a reputation beyond repute

Asda
Just had my delivery! A couple of substitutes but nothing to complain about.
I have also put in my order for my Marks and Spencers turkey for Christmas.Lush.

Other than that this country is shit so you shouldnt be missing anything!!
The grass is always greener...

Last edited by MissDemeanor; Nov 22nd 2010 at 4:22 pm.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 4:32 pm
Just Joined

frenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nicefrenergy is just really nice

I really miss Soccer AM but most of all I miss the outrageous parties thrown by my family, in three months three missed so far and lots of RSVP's with apologies sent out for the next few engagements.
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

do, silly things like garlic bread french sticks are 1.50 instead of 3.50 at choithrams, 6 rolls for 2.50 etc, it is handy for me
ok, went there this morning, it is good...the baguettes are fab, and the rest of the bakery stuff looked great...

MM, xx
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 7:50 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
ok, went there this morning, it is good...the baguettes are fab, and the rest of the bakery stuff looked great...

MM, xx
on my way there now, unless I watch Coronation Street instead
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 9:21 am
Hit 16's

So its a bit of salad, then?
Old Nov 23rd 2010, 9:30 am
Concierge

So its a bit of salad, then?
bigger bread, tons more meat, loads of sauce

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.