Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What do you love most about being home?

What do you love most about being home?

Old Jul 24th 2013, 10:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you love most about being home?

Originally Posted by mentalist
I have been in the UAE and KSA for almost 15 years and have never heard the term "ma'amsir". My only grienance about life here is the Police State mentality. My wife was cautioned (but not fined) for chewing a sweet on the way to a Metro station seven days before the start of Ramadan. Needless to say she was asked for her papers.
that is crazy!!!

Poshy
Old Jul 24th 2013, 10:33 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
that is crazy!!!

Poshy

What have I said now ?? !!
Old Jul 24th 2013, 10:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
We have loads of these people in the ranches. I feel duty bound to clip them with my wing mirrors.

Annoys me more when they don't put lights on too (and the cyclists). I'm running 50% tints and can't see shit out of my cars at night, let alone over the steering wheel
Slight edit for you.

I thought about getting close to her but I didn't want to frighten the woman too much, especially seeing as I only noticed her when the Indian in the Sunny in front swerved around her...I was too busy tailgating to notice really.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 10:39 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poshy
What have I said now ?? !!
about your Mum and Dad, maybe I should have put a
Old Jul 24th 2013, 10:40 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

..ah right....

xxx
Old Jul 24th 2013, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Getting off the plane and feeling home even at shitty Gatwick just smiling knowing your back in the land of normal people.
Friends- and I mean proper friends- and being part of their families lives
Family and all the new kiddlywinks my friends have been popping out likepeas
My dog
Not being worried about doing something I shouldn't
Being able to call a mate and say fancy a drink and seeing them rather than the planning in advance you have to do here as everyone is so busy at work/travelling etc
Walking outside
Greenery and general beautiful scenery
Cold weather- rosy cheeks warming up by a real fire
Buying a bottle of wine for under a tenner (ok a fiver)
Lazy afternoons chilling with friends in pubs/pub gardens/bbqs/under tarps hiding from rain
Men with rough hands
Clothes shopping/markets/car boots
Driving
Being in a vibrant city full of inspiration and interesting people and history
Being able to go on a date and have a snog or hold his hand in public
Old Jul 24th 2013, 3:56 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

each year I'm away, I feel like I'm going back to a foreign country when I go back to the UK
Old Jul 24th 2013, 3:56 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

My dog

ahh, dont know your situation but cant the dog come here ? x
Old Jul 24th 2013, 4:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Poshy,

I work stupid hours and live on my own so the poor thing would be left on his own for 15-16 hours a day so really wouldn't be fair on him. I travel a lot as well sohe would be in and out of kennels. He lives with my parents so has 24 hour company so I couldn't take him away from that.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

raining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to allraining is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mentalist
I have been in the UAE and KSA for almost 15 years and have never heard the term "ma'amsir".
I wish. I even get it sometimes when I'm on my own - and I'm very obviously female...
Old Jul 24th 2013, 7:45 pm
When in doubt, mumble.

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Poshy,

I work stupid hours and live on my own so the poor thing would be left on his own for 15-16 hours a day so really wouldn't be fair on him. I travel a lot as well sohe would be in and out of kennels. He lives with my parents so has 24 hour company so I couldn't take him away from that.

Understandable x

I have 3 here if you ever need a cuddle , our poodle Pup is particularly
adorable
Old Jul 25th 2013, 2:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

:-) thanks poshy I do dog sit for a neighbour every so often which gives me a quick fix of fluffiness just not quite the same as your own but puppy sounds fun! Where do you live?
Old Jul 25th 2013, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

just this

http://vimeo.com/calebyule/this-is-brighton
Old Jul 25th 2013, 4:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by kittycat1
:-) thanks poshy I do dog sit for a neighbour every so often which gives me a quick fix of fluffiness just not quite the same as your own but puppy sounds fun! Where do you live?
I'm cat sitting at the moment and it's ****ing hateful. You can do it for me if you want?
Old Jul 25th 2013, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

DohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant futureDohaLady has a brilliant future

I have been in the UAE and KSA for almost 15 years and have never heard the term "ma'amsir".
Lucky you, it's never ending in Doha

Everything's pretty much been said but
I love taking a really long walk in the fresh air
I love putting the fire on and getting into big clothes
Being with family and friends, obviously
I love ordering a draft cider
I love the local chippy & curry house
I love how easy shopping is, not having to go to the mall just for a couple of items
I love a snog in public that won't get me banged up
But in the end, I love heading back to the airport and back to Doha!

Hate...having to explain what I've been doing since I was last home to 50 different people and being dragged round to see family I don't like

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.