British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What do you like about Dubai? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/what-do-you-like-about-dubai-764352/)

coffeetea1 Jul 9th 2012 6:32 am

What do you like about Dubai?

:) hi everyone,
i have just arrived in UAE for a short period of time, and started to work here for a short-term contract.

I am not sure if i should come back to dubai again after this contract ends. Thus, i am just interested to know, for those who have lived here for years, would you recommend Dubai as a city to work? How do you like Dubai after all these years? :)

i am just interested in hearing different voices, though i know the majority has come here for a good salary :thumbsup:

look forward to ur perspectives....

Patsy Stoned Jul 9th 2012 1:48 pm

Re: What do you like about Dubai?

Originally Posted by coffeetea1 (Post 10161913)
i have just arrived in UAE for a short period of time, and started to work here for a short-term contract.

I am not sure if i should come back to dubai again after this contract ends. Thus, i am just interested to know, for those who have lived here for years, would you recommend Dubai as a city to work? How do you like Dubai after all these years? :)

i am just interested in hearing different voices, though i know the majority has come here for a good salary :thumbsup:

What publication do you work for??
post this on the expatwomen thing, you will gets lots of really interesting responses.

lullabelle Jul 9th 2012 4:58 pm

Don't you know yourself after working there?

What we like may differ enormously from what floats your boat...

Oyibopeppeh Jul 9th 2012 5:09 pm

I like the road going west, after Jebel Ali, when the pylons stop and it starts to get greener

Millhouse Jul 9th 2012 8:37 pm

Eating ice cream in november.

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 10th 2012 4:08 am

The School buses with bits that stick out and lights flashing.

Cypselos Jul 10th 2012 5:04 am

Hunting roaches with pif paf

Meow Jul 10th 2012 5:51 am

Free saunas at this time of year
The giant flying ant air display team that lives near the gate
Fireworks every week

weasel decentral Jul 10th 2012 6:23 am

Being able to beat my servants with impunity or when I am tired out; ordering the gardener to beat the maid on my behalf.

Patsy Stoned Jul 10th 2012 6:45 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral (Post 10163759)
Being able to beat my servants with impunity or when I am tired out; ordering the gardener to beat the maid on my behalf.

Wouldn't a stick work better? :)

jackthehat Jul 10th 2012 7:07 am

Having to deal with the 'Ignorant Vultures' who prey on this site?

auzdafluff Jul 10th 2012 7:27 am

Originally Posted by jackthehat (Post 10163797)
Having to deal with the 'Ignorant Vultures' who prey on this site?

Irony... just saying. :p

Bahtatboy Jul 10th 2012 8:47 am

Originally Posted by auzdafluff (Post 10163816)
Irony... just saying. :p

Myopia, more like.

Beaverstate Jul 10th 2012 8:49 am

No one is choosing cultural diversity?:huh:

scrubbedexpat141 Jul 10th 2012 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Beaverstate (Post 10163909)
No one is choosing cultural diversity?:huh:

Shit. Sorry. I like my Filipino maid and the Indian lad that brings me Costa is always smiling.