What do you hate most?

Old Jan 21st 2011, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you hate most?

Originally Posted by Avarice
This is definatlet it for me too, racism is my absolute biggest dislike however i do find myself making immediate assumptions and even dropping the comment and it makes me feel disgusted with myself... thats dubai though...
Not only Dubai. It is the same everywhere to some extent. I think we make certain experiences and just can't help but to draw from them in certain situations.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Avarice is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Alexa
Not only Dubai. It is the same everywhere to some extent. I think we make certain experiences and just can't help but to draw from them in certain situations.
yeh i suppose this is true, its difficult not to judge everywhere and in most situations, just wish it was lol
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:56 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno about that though - when I was in the UK I worked with people from all kinds of backgrounds and nationalities but never remotely felt stereotyping was necessary - I just assumed that everyone had 3 braincells to rub together and would do their best, be vaguely honest and were generally hard-working, decent people... and they were... in most cases.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

To some extent yes but the Gulf is on a different level to North America or UK. I am not saying there aren't other places out there that are just as bad, just that compared to many Western countries, the Gulf is on a whole another level.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
Ex-pats who lose touch with reality - you know the ones:

Back in UK, they would be quite 'ordinary' and not particularly well paid.

They come to Dubai and find thay can afford a big 4 x 4, a maid, a nice apartment, weekly brunches and holidays to the Far East.

Suddenly they become superior, think they are a cut above and treat lower paid workers like sh1t.

Caveat - not that this applies to anyone on this forum, you're all a great bunch!
co sign
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 6:51 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
...and the parking costs at the DIFC. nothing else bothers me.
But the first hour is free, n'est-ce pas?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
I dunno about that though - when I was in the UK I worked with people from all kinds of backgrounds and nationalities but never remotely felt stereotyping was necessary - I just assumed that everyone had 3 braincells to rub together and would do their best, be vaguely honest and were generally hard-working, decent people... and they were... in most cases.
Yes, before I came to the ME I felt the same way , that has changed drastically once in the ME, sadly. I try to ignore those feelings when they come up, I really dislike them, but sometimes I just can't help it.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 8:35 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

The hypocrisy of the 'law'
Casual racism
Dealing with government bodies
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:04 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spugsy
the police
well i much prefer them to when sting went solo
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weasel central
well i much prefer them to when sting went solo
Ha ha ha
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
But the first hour is free, n'est-ce pas?
you have given me an idea... I wonder if I can pay the car wash boys 800Dh / month and give them the task of driving my car around the block and back into the car park every 50mins?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Being in Saudi I hate most the black sack.

Once I left this country for good and are back home I'll make a nice campfire with it and will dance naked around it
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:47 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dilmun

Once I left this country for good and are back home I'll make a nice campfire with it and will dance naked around it
can we come and watch?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dilmun

But why do you hate it? I found it very practical. No need to worry about your outfit, make up...just throw it on, put the scarf on, no worries about bad hair days, giant pair of shades, and voila, you are ready to face the world! ( Well, the world in Saudi )Plus, you can get some really nice looking ones.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 3:35 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, before I came to the ME I felt the same way , that has changed drastically once in the ME, sadly. I try to ignore those feelings when they come up, I really dislike them, but sometimes I just can't help it.
I'm the same... just this afternoon, I was trying to get an item discounted because it was a bit damaged and was the last one left... the Indian cashier looks hesitatingly to his superior, also Indian, who looks hesitant and shakes his head telling me that their supervisor isn't there and so they can't make that decision. I just ended up thinking, "no, of course he's not... and of course you can't... why did I even bother asking?!"

You know in films when a rather pressed key character comes up to a jobsworth, who thwarts him or her and then the character flips, grabs the jobsworth by a tuft of hair and proceeds to smash his/her face to a pulp on the counter in a fit of rage?

This place makes me feel like doing that sometimes...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.