What do you hate most?

Old Jan 22nd 2011, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you hate most?

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
I'm the same... just this afternoon, I was trying to get an item discounted because it was a bit damaged and was the last one left... the Indian cashier looks hesitatingly to his superior, also Indian, who looks hesitant and shakes his head telling me that their supervisor isn't there and so they can't make that decision. I just ended up thinking, "no, of course he's not... and of course you can't... why did I even bother asking?!"

You know in films when a rather pressed key character comes up to a jobsworth, who thwarts him or her and then the character flips, grabs the jobsworth by a tuft of hair and proceeds to smash his/her face to a pulp on the counter in a fit of rage?

This place makes me feel like doing that sometimes...
Hahahah, ya, has happened to me so many times! No madam, sorry, can not. Ya well... keep it then. Simple as that. Just not worth to get upset about. But as those sales people are generally of 2 to 3 nationalities, one does start to stereotype...I find myself talking in hinglish or tagalog accented English at times... Not to forget to throw the "yaaaani" or "sah ou la" in at times "...
I find it always amazing when I ask a sales person where a certain item is located and they tell me "Don't have" and walk away...only for me to find it located in an illogical and obscure location....I then show it to them to draw completely blank looks.....ah, the ME !!!!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
But why do you hate it? I found it very practical. No need to worry about your outfit, make up...just throw it on, put the scarf on, no worries about bad hair days, giant pair of shades, and voila, you are ready to face the world! ( Well, the world in Saudi )Plus, you can get some really nice looking ones.
Arab women do use a lot of makeup, even the ones wearing Abayas.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Arab women do use a lot of makeup, even the ones wearing Abayas.
true, but one is not SUPPOSED to do so...therefore not doing it feels ok. It's a woman thing....
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 5:11 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

But why do you hate it? I found it very practical. No need to worry about your outfit, make up...just throw it on, put the scarf on, no worries about bad hair days, giant pair of shades, and voila, you are ready to face the world! ( Well, the world in Saudi )Plus, you can get some really nice looking ones.
Surely it's the principal and politics of the abaya? Would be fine if it wasn't compulsory in KSA and had so many other connotations.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Because it's oppressive, suffocating, ugly and plain sick!
I don't need to hide myself, not even on a bad hair day because I don't bloody care, what people think about my looks when I go to the supermarket!
I find it quite frightening, that a western woman can find excuses or even likes the concept of covering women in black to make them disappear.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
can we come and watch?
You're welcome. Just find your way this summer to the west coast of DK...
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dilmun
I don't need to hide myself, not even on a bad hair day because I don't bloody care, what people think about my looks when I go to the supermarket!
I find it quite frightening, that a western woman can find excuses or even likes the concept of covering women in black to make them disappear.
they hardly disappear here, most of them look like tarts
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:32 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
they hardly disappear here, most of them look like tarts
hehe - indeed! I've seen some of the abaya'd women teetering around on The Walk more made up and botoxed than some of the local Russian women!

I like the abaya as an item of clothing - not the black sacks, but the slimmer-fitting ones that are really quite elegant. There's even a bit of a trend for ones that cinch in under the bust, which look amazing, but are pushing the boundaries rather too far for Saudi, I imagine.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:34 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
hehe - indeed! I've seen some of the abaya'd women teetering around on The Walk more made up and botoxed than some of the local Russian women!

I like the abaya as an item of clothing - not the black sacks, but the slimmer-fitting ones that are really quite elegant. There's even a bit of a trend for ones that cinch in under the bust, which look amazing, but are pushing the boundaries rather too far for Saudi, I imagine.
the thing that gets me is the ones who cover their hair and are all modest about it, have their faces plastered in make, wear skin tight jeans and high heeled boots, and the point in covering their hair is?
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Meow
Surely it's the principal and politics of the abaya? Would be fine if it wasn't compulsory in KSA and had so many other connotations.
Yes and no. If you, as a non Muslim let it become that , then yes, you are in trouble. But since we are there only temporarly (sp?) and have other than working there and making money nothing to do with all that nonsense, why let it bother you? Why fix a problem that is so not yours? I looked at it as a dress up game, nothing more, nothing less. If I had done otherwise I would have gone insane and would not have been able to stay there.
Doing it my way gave me peace of mind, a few laughs and giggles...and that was it.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

the thing that gets me is the ones who cover their hair and are all modest about it, have their faces plastered in make, wear skin tight jeans and high heeled boots, and the point in covering their hair is?
Sure, but again, why bother yourself? It's not your problem, if they choose to do this, let them, their rules, their problem.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dilmun
I frighten you then.....
Anyway, why should I be bothered what it means for some Muslims? I am not Muslim, couldn't care less. You fight your own fights...this one is so not mine. I just follow the rules made up by Muslims in their country...what I think of it?Lol, nothing...I so don't care. I dress up, have fun with it...and leave the rest to you guys.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 10:19 am
Concierge

Sure, but again, why bother yourself? It's not your problem, if they choose to do this, let them, their rules, their problem.
their hippocrasy
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

their hippocrasy
Sure, but their problem as long as they are in their country.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Darkwan will become famous soon enoughDarkwan will become famous soon enough

Bad driving.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.