British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What do you eat? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/what-do-you-eat-822602/)

The Dean Jan 24th 2014 5:41 pm

Re: What do you eat?

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11095021)
You'll lose more weight if you have a protein-packed breakfast (eggs, fish, protein shake). Proven. Allegedly. (Says the fat bastard)

Like my suggestion.............

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 25th 2014 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 11095021)
You'll lose more weight if you have a protein-packed breakfast (eggs, fish, protein shake). Proven. Allegedly. (Says the fat bastard)

You're correct. My problem is I don't wake up hungry and I don't leave my bedroom in the morning until I'm walking out the front door (up, shower, dressed, out). No faffing about, out the door in 19-26 minutes without fail.

Millhouse Jan 25th 2014 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 11095661)
You're correct. My problem is I don't wake up hungry and I don't leave my bedroom in the morning until I'm walking out the front door (up, shower, dressed, out). No faffing about, out the door in 19-26 minutes without fail.

me either. I eat my yogurt and granola at work.

Blue Cat Jan 26th 2014 6:55 am

I don't eat first thing but have a yogurt or cereal about an hour or so after getting up. Lunch - depends on if I am out or at home if I am at home it is normally soup or something light.

co durham boy Jan 26th 2014 8:37 am

I'll eat around 5 times a day all depending on how much training i'm doing , im currently doing double sessions so i need a bit more fuel on board but i stick to a basic formula that works

Breakfast - Fruit / Plain Yoghurt / Egg white omelette

Mid Morning Snack - Tuna / Chicken

Lunch - Wholewheat pasta / Eggs / Chicken / Tuna / Beans

Mid afternoon - Almonds / Dried fruit / bananas

Dinner - Fish / Chicken with Veg / salad .

I don't eat carbs after lunch and do not add sugar or much processed food to my diet , i do use some supplements but not a lot . I also use Friday as a cheat day and only eat red meat once a week . I try to eat as clean as possible.

Ditzy Jan 28th 2014 2:01 pm

Breakfast is either 3 oatcakes with honey & a cuppa, or a bowl of porridge, or natural yoghurt with berries & granola. A special weekend treat is 2 slices of wholemeal toast toasted well and left til it gets cold then lurpak light and some honey. and an egg. I LOVE breakfast and have to eat it when i have lots of time as I hate rushing it:rofl:.

Lunch could be a salad but then with some more oatcakes. Or sometimes a veg subway. with crisps. :sneaky:

Dinner is usually always home made but something veg, so a veg chilli, or a veg spag bol, or a dal I try to eat at 6pm then nothing else.

Bahtatboy Jan 28th 2014 2:07 pm

Yesterday:
Brekkers (at 7): home made juice from apples, carrots, cu, beetroot, some sort of turnip, pineapple.
Mid-morning: almonds
Lunch: juice, as above
Mid-afternoon: almonds
Dinner 1: protein shake + banana
Dinner 2: tinned tuna + sardine balls (I never knew...)
Supper: Yoghurt and frozen stawbs

Colourful wee today :blink:

Ditzy Jan 28th 2014 2:25 pm

Bahtatboy I could never live like that! You've not chewed anything! Apart from the banana and the tuna! There's no chewing!!!

:thumbdown:

Don't you miss chewing?

Bahtatboy Jan 28th 2014 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Ditzy (Post 11100857)
Bahtatboy I could never live like that! You've not chewed anything! Apart from the banana and the tuna! There's no chewing!!!

:thumbdown:

Don't you miss chewing?

Trying to alternate with one day like that and one day on "normal" food. The almonds and still-half-frozen strawberries were quite chewy!

flares Jan 28th 2014 2:56 pm

it means he only puts his teeth in every other day
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003...ng_xlarge.jpeg
saves on those cleaning tabs for the gnashers

Patsy Stoned Jan 30th 2014 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by co durham boy (Post 11097135)
I'll eat around 5 times a day all depending on how much training i'm doing , im currently doing double sessions so i need a bit more fuel on board but i stick to a basic formula that works

Breakfast - Fruit / Plain Yoghurt / Egg white omelette

Mid Morning Snack - Tuna / Chicken

Lunch - Wholewheat pasta / Eggs / Chicken / Tuna / Beans

Mid afternoon - Almonds / Dried fruit / bananas

Dinner - Fish / Chicken with Veg / salad .

I don't eat carbs after lunch and do not add sugar or much processed food to my diet , i do use some supplements but not a lot . I also use Friday as a cheat day and only eat red meat once a week . I try to eat as clean as possible.

Carbs darling :-D

scrubbedexpat141 Jan 31st 2014 7:38 am

105.00Kgs this morning. That's 6kg lost.

Not drinking is incredible. Shame there's only two days left

mary2143 Jan 31st 2014 9:37 am

I am starting on a live without gluten and little wheat. I am trying to go Paleo, with a big breakfast, reasonable lunch and a considerably small dinner.

In the morning I eat a thick slice of bacon with eggs and some bone broth, for lunch I eat a glutenfree pancake, usually made of buckweat or hemp flour and some fatty meat. For dinner I would take some bone broth and something small, sometimes a small pancake, other times some smoked ham. Ofcourse all is cooked in real butter or Ghee.

I notice that I barely want anything else in between :)

Alexa Jan 31st 2014 9:49 am

Right...long story short...generally I eat food...sometimes a double cheeseburger.

The Dean Jan 31st 2014 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Alexa (Post 11105877)
Right...long story short...generally I eat food...sometimes a double cheeseburger.

Your point is well taken............. ;)