British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What To Do When Your Boss Is A Jerk (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/what-do-when-your-boss-jerk-747555/)

maudawia Feb 6th 2012 7:35 am

What To Do When Your Boss Is A Jerk

me , others , suffer of fool manager , although if u r
a good communicator, hard worker... . Even so, is there are some interactions that deserve more consideration, and improve the relationship with the boss? my boss is local , But the director is delegating his powers to others and these others do what they like !

Bahtatboy Feb 6th 2012 7:45 am

Re: What To Do When Your Boss Is A Jerk

Being successful is not about doing things right, it about doing the right things right.

maudawia Feb 6th 2012 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 9886178)
Being successful is not about doing things right, it about doing the right things right.

even u do the the things right ,, the feeling of unfair beaten the insiders hard ,,but when u look to ur offer will say ineed the job keep the jerk manager and kick his ass :D

Mogs Feb 6th 2012 9:42 am

Originally Posted by maudawia (Post 9886222)
even u do the the things right ,, the feeling of unfair beaten the insiders hard ,,but when u look to ur offer will say ineed the job keep the jerk manager and kick his ass :D

couldn't have said it better myself.

maudawia Feb 6th 2012 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Mogs (Post 9886341)
couldn't have said it better myself.

the cause is ironic;)

kittycat1 Feb 6th 2012 10:50 am

I always say worry about yourself, watching other people get away with murder(and there always is someone) is frustrating and a shortcut for becoming deeply unhappy in your job. If you work hard and are good at your job you'll get there in the end. Maybe not with your current employer, but eventually.

I always compare my jobs to relationships. If I had a boyfriend I was deeply unhappy with I would leave, if I was absolutely unable to make it work then there is no future. No matter how much you earn being miserable isn't worth it. Why stay in a job that makes you feel unhappy- there are always other jobs out there (maybe not your dream job but you can put food on the table when you have to), and when you spend a large ammount of time in your job you'd be mad to stay in a role that you don't enjoy or even like, whether it be because of the people or the job itself. Having said that I would try everything within my power to make it work first (don't just quit). You are responsible for your own happiness, if you stay in a job that makes you unhappy then more fool you I say.

Also once you feel hard done by in a job your attitude becomes really crap- negativity breeds negativity. If you can't find a positive then it's time to move on.

tayls123 Feb 6th 2012 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by maudawia (Post 9886356)
the cause is ironic;)

the cause is your horrible grasp of the english language/use of google translation. i can't work out which one it is.

maudawia Feb 7th 2012 2:46 am

Originally Posted by kittycat1 (Post 9886447)
I always say worry about yourself, watching other people get away with murder(and there always is someone) is frustrating and a shortcut for becoming deeply unhappy in your job. If you work hard and are good at your job you'll get there in the end. Maybe not with your current employer, but eventually.

I always compare my jobs to relationships. If I had a boyfriend I was deeply unhappy with I would leave, if I was absolutely unable to make it work then there is no future. No matter how much you earn being miserable isn't worth it. Why stay in a job that makes you feel unhappy- there are always other jobs out there (maybe not your dream job but you can put food on the table when you have to), and when you spend a large ammount of time in your job you'd be mad to stay in a role that you don't enjoy or even like, whether it be because of the people or the job itself. Having said that I would try everything within my power to make it work first (don't just quit). You are responsible for your own happiness, if you stay in a job that makes you unhappy then more fool you I say.

Also once you feel hard done by in a job your attitude becomes really crap- negativity breeds negativity. If you can't find a positive then it's time to move on.

wow ..it is great ideas show how depth of experience & maturity!:thumbsup: .. but the pressures of responsibilities and lack of opportunities may let u do things against ur wishes or desire or belief !!!

maudawia Feb 7th 2012 2:50 am

Originally Posted by tayls123 (Post 9886578)
the cause is your horrible grasp of the english language/use of google translation. i can't work out which one it is.

dear friend
my horrible grasp of my linguistic construction ..may be fingers are faster than brain :D i mean irony and Ridicule ..

tayls123 Feb 7th 2012 3:19 am

okay c u next tuesday

maudawia Feb 7th 2012 3:38 am

Originally Posted by tayls123 (Post 9887922)
okay c u next tuesday

c u .cheer:D

flares Feb 7th 2012 4:13 am

Originally Posted by tayls123 (Post 9887922)
okay c u next tuesday

no need for that

maudawia Feb 7th 2012 5:03 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 9887952)
no need for that

where u go u should expects surprises !!

tayls123 Feb 7th 2012 5:12 am

Originally Posted by saudiflares (Post 9887952)
no need for that

alright grandad, chill out. its not like i called you a **** is it?

flares Feb 7th 2012 5:26 am

Originally Posted by tayls123 (Post 9888006)
alright grandad, chill out. its not like i called you a **** is it?

carry on!