Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

What career couldn't you date?

What career couldn't you date?

Old Jan 1st 2011, 3:56 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What career couldn't you date?

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I really want to understand this post as I genuinely think it is funny. Just need by Eva-English dictionary.

So this is a story of a prostitute-BC avers.
Clearly as such,she surrendered her prunus avium in a bygone day.
BC tells us her prossy bride now runs a flower shop.
Had it all been a story of yesterday-in a 'deflower(ing) shop the lilly would have been truly gilded-ergo,instead of limp yellow chrysanthiumums,the prossy was a purveyor of 'cherry' (blossoms).
Peony is/was a rose and the flower of many Chinese provinces.Relevant economy wise and of course for the east London connotation of money-a pony was the starting price for the hitman to take out the snitch/grass.
I just saw the market over 24 hours from being deflower to flower...
Old Jan 1st 2011, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
So this is a story of a prostitute-BC avers.
Clearly as such,she surrendered her prunus avium in a bygone day.
BC tells us her prossy bride now runs a flower shop.
Had it all been a story of yesterday-in a 'deflower(ing) shop the lilly would have been truly gilded-ergo,instead of limp yellow chrysanthiumums,the prossy was a purveyor of 'cherry' (blossoms).
Peony is/was a rose and the flower of many Chinese provinces.Relevant economy wise and of course for the east London connotation of money-a pony was the starting price for the hitman to take out the snitch/grass.
I just saw the market over 24 hours from being deflower to flower...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OmBxVfQTuvI&feature=related
I think I love you.
Old Jan 1st 2011, 5:50 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

I think I love you.
SYB said those exact words @ 3 years ago.
Are you a David Cassidy fan?
Old Jan 1st 2011, 5:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
SYB said those exact words @ 3 years ago.
Are you a David Cassidy fan?
No. I am a clown
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:32 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
its not uncommon out here for men to marry prostitutes, I have been to two wedddings in the past both with Prosser Brides. Very strange I have to say.
Why is it strange/ - half of all marriages are a form of prostitution anyway except they are limited to one client in exchange for sex, cooking and cleaning (well, if you're lucky! ).

The really lucky people are those who marry someone who respects and loves them regardless of their profession, income, nationality etc.

That said, I don't think I could date a hooker or stripper (dated a stripper once - super high maintenance). Cabin crew tend to have inflated views of themselves too and most are not known for being trustworthy and faithful.

N.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Why is it strange/ - half of all marriages are a form of prostitution anyway except they are limited to one client in exchange for sex, cooking and cleaning (well, if you're lucky! ).

The really lucky people are those who marry someone who respects and loves them regardless of their profession, income, nationality etc.

That said, I don't think I could date a hooker or stripper (dated a stripper once - super high maintenance). Cabin crew tend to have inflated views of themselves too and most are not known for being trustworthy and faithful.

N.
I reckon it's more than half when you factor in those that have gone bad but the misses just hangs around for an easy free life.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:33 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Couldn't date a mortician.No explanation required methinks.
Second:French Horn players.
I went out with a girl who played the French Horn with a very famous orchestra.
Doesn't sound too bad does it? but every time we kissed she would clench her fist and shove it up my arse.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:35 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon it's more than half when you factor in those that have gone bad but the misses just hangs around for an easy free life.
You're probably right there. And given many cultures still have some form of dowry in place (which has it's roots in the romantic ancient custom of buying a daughter from her parents and being expected to provide her food and board in exchange for her service around the house and in the bedroom plus baby making facilities) I wonder if marriage isn't due for a redefinition based on something more modern like not treating women like property and men like we are a bit more than a pot of gold.

Without wanting to sound too cynical (probably too late for that!) Half the world's marriage customs are rooted in this concept of owning women and making men providers. This was fine when women were not really expected to do any kind of serious work outside the house and were limited professionally but today it's making men and women miserable by creating false expectations. Few women are traditional housewives and few men are solid providers based on the numbers of dual working parent homes we see.

Still, the bottom line is whatever consenting adults do is their business...I just think people will respect each other more if they pair up because of things like character, values and personality (heck, even looks) rather than what things they will get from the relationship.

N.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 8:51 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Couldn't date a mortician.No explanation required methinks.
Second:French Horn players.
I went out with a girl who played the French Horn with a very famous orchestra.
Doesn't sound too bad does it? but every time we kissed she would clench her fist and shove it up my arse.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 9:00 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd never date a quantity surveyor.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 4:08 am
Banned

A Free Man is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd never date a Message Board Moderator
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 5:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A Free Man
I'd never date a Message Board Moderator
that's good, all the moderators we have here are male
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 6:06 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
that's good, all the moderators we have here are male
Sue and Lorna are male? Well I never...

Dhs 10 says the poster is the American freak, back in another guise anyway
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
Sue and Lorna are male? Well I never...

Dhs 10 says the poster is the American freak, back in another guise anyway
taking that bet would be like me putting the money down the drain. Of course it is our golf playing, MH obsessed nut.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 6:15 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ukecadet
I went out with a girl who played the French Horn with a very famous orchestra. Doesn't sound too bad does it? but every time we kissed she would clench her fist and shove it up my arse.
...and your problem is what, exactly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.