Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

what car and what color do you want?

what car and what color do you want?

Old May 19th 2008, 5:32 pm
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what car and what color do you want?

Oh, here it is...

Old May 19th 2008, 5:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Sam FTQ;6367486]Oh, here it is...

Your not a cheap date then Sam ...
Old May 19th 2008, 5:54 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee
I gather the hemi technology doesn't actually make much difference then? Supposed to shut down cylinders when not needed aren't they?
That is Multi Displacement System - and it is sh1te on the Dodge HEMI engine (mechanic in the garage admitted this to me, said they get loads of complaints).

I'm not an expert, but I think other manufacturers such as Mercedes do a similar thing. Difference is Dodge engines switch on/off same 4 cylinders all the time, German cars actually switch between all 8.

You can feel the HEMI jerk slightly when it switches - something Dodge here have acknowledged is a problem.
Old May 19th 2008, 6:01 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 19th 2008, 6:02 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
That is Multi Displacement System - and it is sh1te on the Dodge HEMI engine (mechanic in the garage admitted this to me, said they get loads of complaints).

I'm not an expert, but I think other manufacturers such as Mercedes do a similar thing. Difference is Dodge engines switch on/off same 4 cylinders all the time, German cars actually switch between all 8.

You can feel the HEMI jerk slightly when it switches - something Dodge here have acknowledged is a problem.
The technology, was pioneered in 1981 on Cadillac's ill-fated L62 "V8-6-4" engine. The technology was made a standard feature on all Cadillac models except Seville. Cadillac, in conjunction with Eaton Corporation, developed the innovative V-8-6-4 system which used the industry's first ECU to switch the engine from 8- to 6- to 4-cylinder operation depending on the amount of power needed. The original multi-displacement system turned off opposite pairs of cylinders, allowing the engine to have three different configurations and displacements. But the system was troublesome, a rash of unpredictable failures led to the technology being quickly retired.
Old May 19th 2008, 7:06 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Porsche 356 Roadster... in gun metal grey / brushed aluminium

nice...
Old May 19th 2008, 7:23 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

purely because of its engineering.
As Clarkson said "its the concorde of cars" the pinacle of automotive engineering, costs more to make than they sell it for

Old May 19th 2008, 7:40 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Porsche 356 Roadster... in gun metal grey / brushed aluminium

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/cro...dster_1_8w.jpg

nice...
beautiful car, in my top 10 (along with the miura, gullwing 300SL, the Aston DB4GT, the awesomely vampirical Merc Count Troski, Fiat 500, mk 1 golf gti, 66 mustang GT and the BMW 507

Old May 19th 2008, 7:45 pm
W10

Originally Posted by CeeBee
The problem is that anyone driving a ferrari (unless you're magnum p.i) looks like an idiot. For the money I would not be seen driving a modern Ferrari. Any classic is fine - 250 GTO, F40, 250 California....al cool as f***.

360, 430, 550, 599...in my eyes are nobhead material. Guess it depends on your personality though...i'm more of a 911 man.
The F40 is one of the biggest 'look at me' Ferrari's of them all. You can't compare it lookswise to the 250GTO.

Most 'modern' Ferrari's are pretty subtle in their styling. Unlike the 911 turbos...

Old May 20th 2008, 5:05 pm

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by W10
beautiful car, in my top 10 (along with the miura, gullwing 300SL, the Aston DB4GT, the awesomely vampirical Merc Count Troski, Fiat 500, mk 1 golf gti, 66 mustang GT and the BMW 507

Now the Muira I go with, but not the others, have to be 69 Camaro SS, Audi Quattro Sport SWB, Stratos, Caterham 7 purely for the simplicity, and one of my all time favourites.....purely for absolute balance....
Attached Thumbnails what car and what color do you want?-mk11.jpg  
Old May 20th 2008, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
wow, i like that...how much is it...?

MM, xx
One thing you always need to remember about an Alfa, it may be ebautiful, but it will break, it will depreciate faster than the Zimbabwean economy and it will let you down frequently. But it is stunningly beautiful.
Sounds like most of the women I know!
Old May 20th 2008, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by W10
The F40 is one of the biggest 'look at me' Ferrari's of them all. You can't compare it lookswise to the 250GTO.

Most 'modern' Ferrari's are pretty subtle in their styling. Unlike the 911 turbos...
Apart from the Enzo! Personally, as modern Ferraris go, the F40 and the 355 were pretty much perfect, lost it with the 360, but back to normal now. Still can't get my head around the attraction of the 288GTO which in my opinion is out of proportion. Whoever though it was a good idea to lengthen a 308 was nuts! Maybe why they only made 289 of them!
911, will always do it for me though.
Old May 20th 2008, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
One thing you always need to remember about an Alfa, it may be ebautiful, but it will break, it will depreciate faster than the Zimbabwean economy and it will let you down frequently. But it is stunningly beautiful.
aww...shatter my illusions why don't you...

as for women, you've clearly been meeting the wrong ones, lol...

MM, xx
Old May 20th 2008, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
aww...shatter my illusions why don't you...

as for women, you've clearly been meeting the wrong ones, lol...

MM, xx
I know, and I came to Dubai! Won't get any better will it!
Old May 20th 2008, 7:14 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
Don't think they even sell them in the US ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.