British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What is Britain coming to....? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/what-britain-coming-601932/)

BangleMan Apr 5th 2009 7:48 pm

What is Britain coming to....?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/7984392.stm

Unbeleivable....could have been Jamie Bulger all over again x 2...

banter64 Apr 5th 2009 8:05 pm

Re: What is Britain coming to....?

Sick :mad::mad::mad:

Inselaffen Apr 6th 2009 2:31 am

Council Estate scum. The authorities let the kids run riot in places like that.

one strange fact wasthat the 11 year old was the 9 year old's best friend and his Uncle!

Charismatic Apr 6th 2009 2:48 am

"Coming to"? It's there isn't it? ;)

I don't think crime is worse now than it has been in the past, they types of crime and accuracy of reporting have changed however.

Meow Apr 6th 2009 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7454501)
Council Estate scum. The authorities let the kids run riot in places like that.

one strange fact wasthat the 11 year old was the 9 year old's best friend and his Uncle!

The authorities? What happened to parental responsibility?

-

Inselaffen Apr 6th 2009 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7454701)
The authorities? What happened to parental responsibility?

-

thats what the authorities need to ensure occurs!
if the parents don't do something then make them pay!

Blue Cat Apr 6th 2009 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7454716)

I thought if they were under 16 they can charge the parent?

BangleMan Apr 6th 2009 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7454729)
I thought if they were under 16 they can charge the parent?

the 11 year old probably was the parent of the 9 year old !!

Meow Apr 6th 2009 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 7454716)

I agree, but there now appear to be adults in the UK who have zero parentlng skills having been 'brought up' by their parents who has no interest.

There is a sub-class of people with no respect for authority, no idea how to behave in a civilised society, no intention of being contributors to society and therefore no intention/ability in bringing up their own children to be decent citizens.

Will it ever improve, or are we on a slipperly slope to an even more divided and dysfunctional society? Depressing to even think about it really...

-

lionheart Apr 6th 2009 5:53 am

Its not only Britain. Look at all those school shooting incidents in the USA, Germany and elsewhere. I blame too much violence on TV and video games making death glamorous. Bring back Andy Pandy and Teddy.

BangleMan Apr 6th 2009 5:58 am

Originally Posted by lionheart (Post 7454795)
Its not only Britain. Look at all those school shooting incidents in the USA, Germany and elsewhere. I blame too much violence on TV and video games making death glamorous. Bring back Andy Pandy and Teddy.

Its not often I agree with LH, but will make this an exception. The TV and Video games have definately had a lot to do with the way kids / teenagers are nowadays......and if you are bringing back Andy Pandy, then lets go the whole hog and bring back The Clangers, Mr Benn, Mary Mungo & Midge, Trumpton, Camberwick Green, The Flumps, The Herbs and the best of all Hector's House.......ahhhh, happy days !

That owl that

TGFKASE Apr 6th 2009 5:59 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7454809)
Its not often I agree with LH, but will make this an exception. The TV and Video games have definately had a lot to do with the way kids / teenagers are nowadays......and if you are bringing back Andy Pandy, then lets go the whole hog and bring back The Clangers, Mr Benn, Mary Mungo & Midge, Trumpton, Camberwick Green, The Flumps, The Herbs and the best of all Hector's House.......ahhhh, happy days !

That owl that

WTF are you talking about??? Oh, must be pre-colour TV programming, yeah???:rofl:

BangleMan Apr 6th 2009 6:06 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7454812)
WTF are you talking about??? Oh, must be pre-colour TV programming, yeah???:rofl:

well if you had had electricity in Scotland at the time you could have watched them programmes too

banter64 Apr 6th 2009 6:19 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7454829)
well if you had had electricity in Scotland at the time you could have watched them programmes too

:rofl:

Blue Cat Apr 6th 2009 6:21 am

Originally Posted by BangleMan (Post 7454809)

That owl that

all my favourites :thumbup: