British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Sand Pit (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/)
-   -   What am I missing this weekend? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/sand-pit-116/what-am-i-missing-weekend-795330/)

Bahtatboy Apr 27th 2013 12:21 pm

What am I missing this weekend?

What have you all been up to? :D

kittycat1 Apr 27th 2013 12:36 pm

Re: What am I missing this weekend?

at work

britexpat76 Apr 27th 2013 12:41 pm

Drunk, now hungover at work.

Millhouse Apr 27th 2013 12:47 pm

off-roading yesterday, indoors playing bored games with a sick child today.

BTW - it's been raining on and off for a couple of days.

Meow Apr 27th 2013 12:59 pm

Whereabouts in Morocco are you? Casablance from your location, or somewhere else?

You missed the Royal Marines Band. I saw them Thursday night as I'm super cool and trendy like that and they also played at the St George's Ball last night. Otherwise today's rainy weather (three hours of British style drizzle here so far) is a good excuse to stay home.

Eva Apr 27th 2013 9:41 pm

Had a lovely foot massage and pedicure after an amazing yomp....

hnd Apr 27th 2013 11:06 pm

Here in Muscat we've been 'enjoying' thunder, lightning and rain for the last few days. At least this has brought lower temperatures and humidity - no A/C needed so fresh air through the villa which has been a bonus.

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 28th 2013 6:47 am

I went to the polo for brunch, then to Kitakits in the Marco Polo. Incredible day out.

Nice brekkie the following day on Emaar Boulevard or whatever it's called now, despite four girls and a bloke doing their level best to ensure the viewing deck of the Khalifa could hear them. Wandered round the mall, quick foodshop and then home to watch all the footie on the sofa.

Who said being young was fun?

Robajob Apr 28th 2013 8:07 am

2 nights at Yas Viceroy, Yas Waterworld and Emirates Motor Museum. Well I had to do something to celebrate my birthday.

Was going to go to Ferrari World, but it's like the cars it's named after - doesn't work very well in the wet...

Blue Cat Apr 28th 2013 11:15 am

we went to a GT86 Owners meeting, we were the oldest there but it was good fun :)

Millhouse Apr 28th 2013 11:50 am

we went to a GT86 Owners meeting, we were the oldest there but it was good fun
I had imagined that you spent the whole weekend getting ready for the new housemate. Clean sheets (not white that could be a problem), fresh potpourri, towels, vanillia scented tea-lights, lube, twister etc.

scrubbedexpat141 Apr 28th 2013 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10681963)
I had imagined that you spent the whole weekend getting ready for the new housemate. Clean sheets (not white that could be a problem), fresh potpourri, towels, vanillia scented tea-lights, lube, twister etc.

Busy making sure the maid is rolling hand towels and cleaning the wicker/linen basket for them to be chucked in....gives it that lovely hotel feel.

co durham boy Apr 28th 2013 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Millhouse (Post 10681963)

No lube , it's a dry run....

The Dean Apr 29th 2013 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy (Post 10680815)
What have you all been up to? :D

Final catch-up with Deanetta and the Deanlets on Saturday, yesterday the all-day flight (via Zurich) back to DXB from LHR. Fitful sleep last night, back into work in a while after 2.5 weeks out to see if I still have a job or not...........

[PS - 'Most Improved Airline Since I Last Flew Them A Few Years Ago Award' goes to Swiss Air............]

flares Apr 29th 2013 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 10681929)
we went to a GT86 Owners meeting, we were the oldest there but it was good fun :)

Did you pick up some styling tips? Discuss new shampoos on the market? #recycledaudittownersclubquip :thumbup: